Steampunk SWA (Steamwright, ho ho) sections

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Steampunk SWA (Steamwright, ho ho) sections

Post by Arcalane »

Exactly what they say on the tin, really. Semi-converted Steampunk sections. I'm leaving them up here so if anyone wants to finish it or do their own take, then they can.

Now I hope I only have to state this once, but these are NOT in a usable state for shipmaker.

I'll say that again;

THESE ARE NOT IN A USABLE STATE FOR SHIPMAKER.

DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME ABOUT HOW THEY ARE NOT COLOURED OR SHADED.

THEY ARE NOT A FINAL PRODUCT AND SHOULD NOT BE TREATED AS SUCH.

If you want to know what you're getting in to, look no further;

They are just the backgrounds swapped to dark red and the white swapped to black. I have my own conversion under-way but it will be far from top-quality.

So, if you really want to slog through and finish off converting all these... Download Here!
Last edited by Arcalane on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Hahaha, somehow i just KNEW you wouldnt have enough steam to finish these :lol:
Last edited by Kaelis on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Kaelis wrote:enough steam to finish these
I see what you did there.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Kaelis wrote:Hahaha, somehow i just KNEW you wouldnt have enough steam to finish these :lol:
Actually, as I said, I have my own conversion underway, but I feel that it probably won't be the best possible. All I have to do now is tediously run them all through the actual shipwrightizator app and then convert them back to .png. :P

So, I'm releasing these in case anyone wants to do their own colour and detailing jobs.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

its a good idea in my opinion, but then, we could have got the same result from the standard SteamPunk pieces...

So...
fail time usage?

don't hit me!!
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Silverware wrote:its a good idea in my opinion, but then, we could have got the same result from the standard SteamPunk pieces...

So...
fail time usage?

don't hit me!!
The point of these weren't to be used in the shipmaker as is, but they've gone through the very first steps of shipwrightization meaning it's a timesaver for anyone who wants to give it a spin to do the rest.
Also no, they wouldn't have the same results as the standard steampunk pieces considering they have a darker outline instead of the standard brighter one.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I meant as in if they went and took those sections and inverted them in paint or something.

They would be basically the same for very little time and work on the persons behalf. Just an extra button press or two when they go to do it SW manually.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Arcalane wrote:Actually, as I said, I have my own conversion underway, but I feel that it probably won't be the best possible. All I have to do now is tediously run them all through the actual shipwrightizator app and then convert them back to .png. :P
Blast it! I fail. I completely missed those two lines under the image and figured that you're abandoning the idea. Maybe i thought its a sig and disregarded it, who knows...

But yeah, this could be done with a photoshop macro. I sure do hope you didnt spend more than 5 minutes on it...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Image is download link. Enjoy, you miserable bastards.
Last edited by Arcalane on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Wow those are rather good. Im sure there will be many people using them by the end of the week =P
A few of them need a little more detail added. like 059, and some need more depth like 054, which needs to be made to look more cylindrical sorta like 050 in my opinion.
But this is a great conversion of an excellent pack.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

What took you so long? Image

Not perfect, but still better than i expected. Good job.

Whats up with the ugly artifacts on most of the sections in the preview?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Silverware wrote:Wow those are rather good. Im sure there will be many people using them by the end of the week =P
A few of them need a little more detail added. like 059, and some need more depth like 054, which needs to be made to look more cylindrical sorta like 050 in my opinion.
But this is a great conversion of an excellent pack.
I stated before that this is largely just a straight portover with minimal time spent on detailing. If you want to adjust them, the uncoloured versions are available in the first post. I can post up the semi-converted ones as well if need be.

If you think you can do a better job of it, then you're welcome to try. If not, shut it. :P

~~
Kaelis wrote:What took you so long? Image

Not perfect, but still better than i expected. Good job.

Whats up with the ugly artifacts on most of the sections in the preview?
1) I'm a lazy bastard, remember?

2) I'll take that as a compliment. :P

3) What artifacts? Chances are they're the results of just running them all through your app, 'cause I don't have photoshop and the necessary macros.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Arcalane wrote:3) What artifacts? Chances are they're the results of just running them all through your app, 'cause I don't have photoshop and the necessary macros.
On this: http://www.wyrdysm.com/arcalane/BSF/pre ... BABIES.png
Pretty much every section up to 054 has something that looks like compression artifacts. Its well visible on 007, 018, 031. Yet both the image and sections themselves are pngs, and its fine in the download...

And im 100% sure my app did not cause this.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Weird. The upload might have been a bit wonky or something.

I don't see anything that stands out as being artifact-y, personally, but then I don't tend to obsess over these things. :P
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Nice. Very nice! A few of them are kind of meh but many of them are fantastic.