Bio ship parts

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

This is cool, but to be honest, it won't look like bioship at all, or any kind of ship in fact - since its simply bones and raw meat. More like a morbid pile of zombie animal parts sewn together.

I would suggest something like zerg:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3450/329 ... 2fd26d.jpg
Or tyranid style:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... 73x627.jpg
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

Space whale with bones?
Hips, horns, and an elephant skull would be cool.
Bird skull and wishbone, frog skull, shark skull, and the side of jaws as well.

The coloring on the middle of the last 3 fingers is just a bit greyed out, otherwise perfect!

Anybody read Peter F. Hamilton? Highangel!
Lurk more
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Kaelis wrote:This is cool, but to be honest, it won't look like bioship at all, or any kind of ship in fact - since its simply bones and raw meat. More like a morbid pile of zombie animal parts sewn together.

I would suggest something like zerg:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3450/329 ... 2fd26d.jpg
Or tyranid style:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... 73x627.jpg
Give me time, give me time. I'm going to do concept ships once I'm finished and if they don't come out very good I'll keep adding. I ways already thinking about adding some scales, tubes, veins, skin and so on. I'm not gonna release it till its everyone here would like it.

As for now I have to head to california, but I'll work on this some more when I get there. I'll let people see what I have done so far sometime soon.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

unsunghero10 wrote:Space whale with bones?
Hips, horns, and an elephant skull would be cool.
Bird skull and wishbone, frog skull, shark skull, and the side of jaws as well.

The coloring on the middle of the last 3 fingers is just a bit greyed out, otherwise perfect!

Anybody read Peter F. Hamilton? Highangel!
What kind of horns? Just generic or something specific?

it comes without the bottom jaw too

Also

Half a frog skull. You can Mirror it.

Oh and I can't do a shark skull, as they have no bones. Whale skull though

Man they look odd.
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

just a little question, can't you make those things in BSF's style?
In my opinion, textured sections aren't really BSF's style :D
They would still look funny enough, not saying these are bad though, these are cool, nice idea!
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

just a little question, can't you make those things in BSF's style?
Not everything has to be the way you want it. If he wants to make them in his own style, that's his choice.

On-Topic: These are pretty nice, though I'd suggest adding more than just white and red. purple maybe?
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Grasmaaier wrote:just a little question, can't you make those things in BSF's style?
In my opinion, textured sections aren't really BSF's style :D
They would still look funny enough, not saying these are bad though, these are cool, nice idea!
How about this, After I finish with all the sections, I'll go back through and remove the shading, which will make it basically BSF style?

Oh and for Commodore:
I'm making both the bones and the flesh able to be recolored by the shipmaker. Ie, if you want purple you'll just have to select it just like with any other piece.

THis is a quick look at what I have right now. I'm in the process of adding more generic bone pieces, building off the basic shapes in the generic piece library. After that I'll move on to the fleshy bits, tubes, scales, muscle, veins, teeth, claws and so on. As always, C&C plus suggestions are welcome
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Okay, but don't remove the shading. They look great. I might use these when they are done.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Commodore111 wrote:Okay, but don't remove the shading. They look great. I might use these when they are done.
I meant that I would release them all as shaded and then remove the shading and re-release them.

Also, as of now I'm recreating an entire human ribcage, one rib and vertebre at a time.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Good idea. When you're done with the rest, may I suggest shells and exoskeletons?
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Commodore111 wrote:Good idea. When you're done with the rest, may I suggest shells and exoskeletons?
Doing scales and such, which is similar to exoskeletons. Any reference material as to what you'd like to see would be welcome.

Ok and after several hours of staring at an anatomy picture here is the ribcage, fully mirrored I know some of the shading is sorta flat but eh.

Normally, each of the ribs is only a single rib and half vertebre. Even still, I left them larger then normal parts, simply because I guessed that people would use them as struts for the main body. If you want them small they should shrink pretty nicely.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

woah thats actually really nice.. you should do a rats teeth or bird wings
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
zackfire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by zackfire »

Are those vertebrae/rib sections separate? Or is this all one piece?
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

zackfire wrote:Are those vertebrae/rib sections separate? Or is this all one piece?
One piece looks like this

But if ypu want the individual ribs and vertebre seperate I can always just cut them apart and make two new sets, one of just ribs and one of just spine.

I also have a tailbone and pelvis sections. Working on the scapula.
Homer wrote:woah thats actually really nice.. you should do a rats teeth or bird wings
I actually have two of the bones from a bird wing. I'll add the third to complete it. Its an owl's wing to be specific.
zackfire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by zackfire »

That answers my question perfectly. The only complaint I have with these sprites is that the eye looks incredibly flat and fake in comparison with the bone.