Bio ship parts

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Noctis
Captain
Captain

Bio ship parts

Post by Noctis »

So I'm making some biomechanical parts now. One question though, is there any way to make the bone white while also leaving the rest open to coloring?
firevikin125
Commander
Commander

Post by firevikin125 »

Woh...dude... :o
that thing is morbid and creepy and
yet totally epic.
nice work.
When you finish your ships and sections
it will look like something strait
out of Stephen King.
Looking forward to it. :D
"A gargoyle's meat can be carved with an ordinary cleaver, but for its petrous hide . . ."
—Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar,
The Underworld Cookbook
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

no offense, but it looks more like a half eaten space whale fin...

The stock pirate asteroids do something like that; i tried recoloring and it only changed the asteroid. Not sure how though.

EDIT: maybe make a fully skinned living fleet, and then use stuff like this for zombies?
Lurk more
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

unsunghero10 wrote:no offense, but it looks more like a half eaten space whale fin...

The stock pirate asteroids do something like that; i tried recoloring and it only changed the asteroid. Not sure how though.

EDIT: maybe make a fully skinned living fleet, and then use stuff like this for zombies?
Maybe I'll do two sets.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

You could do the bone and flesh as separate sections and let the shipbuilders do the layering.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

SHAD0Wdump wrote:You could do the bone and flesh as separate sections and let the shipbuilders do the layering.
I intend to do some that is just flesh, some that is just bone and some that is both.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

AFAIK, the game allows recoloring of anything that is in perfect greyscale and nothing else. I'm not sure how accurate that is, though.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

I'm pretty sure you can recolor everything,it's just that non-greyscale acts funky.
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

SHAD0Wdump wrote:I'm pretty sure you can recolor everything,it's just that non-greyscale acts funky.
Correct. GM re-coloring uses the multiplication method of blending, if I remember correctly.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

natan_j wrote:
SHAD0Wdump wrote:I'm pretty sure you can recolor everything,it's just that non-greyscale acts funky.
Correct. GM re-coloring uses the multiplication method of blending, if I remember correctly.
From what I've seen, non-grayscale pretty much just acts as though you put the piece under colored light. It mixes what the color is and what you have.
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Exactly, multiplication blending. But as for getting your sections to have the flesh part blended but not the bone, you'll have to resort to layering the flesh color as a doodad on top of the section.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Oh yes. Awesome.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

natan_j wrote:Exactly, multiplication blending. But as for getting your sections to have the flesh part blended but not the bone, you'll have to resort to layering the flesh color as a doodad on top of the section.
Well, I guess I'll make the flesh and bone sepreate then eh?

Oh wells. back to ze old grinde

Edit.
BTW I'm including some real bones, ie I'm recreating all the bones of the human hand (the wrist as one part). Any requests for specific bones?
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Must have spine and ribs. A animal skull like those you see stereotypically in deserts would be nice too.

Not sure I'd use these though,might make for fascinating space monsters though for flinging at my stations...
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

SHAD0Wdump wrote:Must have spine and ribs. A animal skull like those you see stereotypically in deserts would be nice too.

Not sure I'd use these though,might make for fascinating space monsters though for flinging at my stations...

Spine and ribs are already being done. Going to give you multiple ribs of differing curvatures, as well as vertabre as both a whole and a half (so you can mirror it to make it complete.

Thats the hand. Also, I've made a horse skull, with both the top and bottom jaws. I'll probably make smaller, less detailed hands too. I'mma make a metric ton of bones before I make the flesh. C&C welcome