EinTek Weapons and Fighters Division

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

EinTek Weapons and Fighters Division

Post by Danny420Dale »

GUNS

These are designed as fixed guns or mounted in a turret pending any user-settable sprite origin option in SM. These are placed in the 'Custom Sprites/Weapons/' dir.

Improved Vulcan. Smaller and faster than the standard Vulcan, but shreds enemy ships and ammunition just like the one we know and love.

Generic heavy gun. Good for autocannons, sabot guns, plasma guns, or repeating artillery.

FIGHTERS

These go into 'Custom Sprites/ddc420-sections/' or '/fighters/'. They're single sections that can be overlaid a Standard Core with one increment of stretching either direction.

Tempest Light Fighter. In Eintek service, it is armed with two autocannons and a low-output (as Eintek weapons go) gamma-ray pulse laser for long range strike. Optimized for dogfighting but can use its laser for pinpoint long-range antiship attack. Experimental work with this type has yielded a unique short-range energy blade codenamed 'Lightdagger'. This has the potential to melt holes in the thickest armor belts very quickly if the fighter can survive to close with its target.

Tornado Nuclear Strike Fighter. Fitted with two fixed 'pea-shooter' machineguns and two MG autoturrets flanking a high-velocity nuclear warhead launcher as a primary weapon. This fires a devastating high-yield nuclear warhead that can vaporize a formation of Hestias in one shot, decisively pound Aegised threats flat in one blow, or blast a giant molten crater into ships hundreds or even thousands of times its size.

Hurricane Medium Fighter. Designed to replace the Tempest, it trades its gamma laser and autocannons for three miniaturized particle rifles, two of which are optimized for attacking light targets with a rapidfire barrage, while the centerline gun is a slower heavier gun to smash through larger threats. Two extra engines are mounted in the wing roots, improving speed and turning at the expense of larger overall craft size and mass from the Tempest. This fighter can also be fitted with the Tempest's laser.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Epic. The mini-vulcan caught my eye immediately. It looks a lot nastier that the regular vulcan. The stock sprite never captured the feeling of it, and this one's rectangle-y shape looks like it will fit on gun barrels well.

The heavy cannon looks great, but I think the muzzle flash is a bit too small for the barrel.

As for the fighters, I was never really a fan of one-section ships, so I'm too biased to pass judgment.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

I grabbed the vulcan almost as soon as this thread was made.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

I'm not sold on the fighters, but the guns, particularly the Vulcan, are things of beauty.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The generic heavy gun misses it's 1 pixel black border, FYI. Otherwise, splendid job.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Generic Cannon looks like arse to me. Same problem as the early tacnuke. There's just not enough "oomph" in the recoil animation for the barrel/flare. There's no movement in the rest of the barrel, just the end sliding back and forth, so it looks like it's made of springy rubber and elastic or something.

The Vulcan, however, is rather nice. It might animate a bit too slow in the current releases but it's impractical to hotfix the animation speed without a full re-release. Kaelis unwittingly nuked my animation speed fix. :roll:

Fighters: The tails look ridiculous as I said before, and you can use hard lines you know. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ifelon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by ifelon »

I don't know how to change the image of the drones of demeter,I mean that round ones.
I didn't find any'Custom Drones Spirites'~~
Could anybody teach me er?
Post some picture if possible~thanks a lot

Thank again :cool:
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Actually, these are sections used for making one-section small ships.

These are not for replacing Demeter Dones.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Which is impossible anyway, I think.

Practical example of dual gatling turret;
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Can we get an sb4 of that or some sort of guide? I've been trying to make that exact same thing but my turrets never seem to work right.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Read the documentation.

Also, I love that gatling turret, Danny. More like that, please. :)
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Re: EinTek Weapons and Fighters Division

Post by Cycerin »

Danny420Dale wrote:Image
Looks like you accidentially made a convincing fanship of the Rebel Manta from EV!
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: EinTek Weapons and Fighters Division

Post by Danny420Dale »

Cycerin wrote:
Danny420Dale wrote:Image
Looks like you accidentially made a convincing fanship of the Rebel Manta from EV!
Got a refpic?
ifelon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by ifelon »

Squishy wrote:Actually, these are sections used for making one-section small ships.

These are not for replacing Demeter Dones.
O,thank you very much.I've tried to do so for a long time...

I think it'll be very interesting if the drones could be replaced...
so that i can make many things interesting...

Hope this feature added in next edition..
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

ArcaMag Cannon. Essentially an improved Railgun or Sabot gun.

Seeker or light beam weapon. I'll possibly make a heavier beam based on this design.