More Customized Backgrounds

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

More Customized Backgrounds

Post by IBurn36360 »

First off, tanks to Arcalane for the idea.

Here are some backgronds available for the Ship maker. Note that I have made the grid sharper, althogh this took some of the colour variation away. There are some negatives where the black was replaced with white. Although I'm not sure of many people, I'm sure someone will fing a use for them.

Plain:

Blue:

Brown:

Geen:

Purple:

Red:

White:

Negatives:

Blue:

Brown:

Green:

Purple:

Red:
Image <---- Not sure why is't doing this.

White:

Here is the album for all pics
Download

Note: All are .png's
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

You just ripped off Arc's idea genius. :roll: And you included the Sm background in there.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

First, I stated that Arcalane had the idea.

Second, they are all slightly different. The orriginals have a colour variation in them, these do not. These are solid colouring.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Still very unoriginal i think you're completely skipping the idea. Atleast make your own sprites not just play off someones idea.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

I'm working on more colours, dot grids, and a few other ideas. As for the unorriginality, I was well aware of that, I'm currently looking in on a few more grid types, update in 1-2 days max.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

I agree with homer with this, quite unoriginal and it wouldn't require a second post, a reply on arc's thread would be better.
I would like to see different pieces of space as backgrounds, gives a feeling to the ships you make, useful for people who build their ships with love, like Eri, and I do.
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

Verry well.
Singularity
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Singularity »

The negatives were a good idea though, useful for those blueprints everyone makes.
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

Singularity wrote:The negatives were a good idea though, useful for those blueprints everyone makes.
Thank you

Update on current projects:

1. Making dot grids in the colours I have posted.
2. Making Star fields for those Ship Maker pics.
3. More colours for the plain and negative backgrounds.
4. Making Organization of folders easier.
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Singularity wrote:The negatives were a good idea though, useful for those blueprints everyone makes.
Except they wouldn't.

Blueprints are easiest to make with a bit of postprocessing. All you need to do is set the background to a solid black and then invert the colors. Using something like this would necessitate recoloring the ship manually to simulate a negative image, which would be a waste of time.

Also, I don't understand why the bitching is necessary. If you don't want to use these, don't. Yes, they could have (probably should have) been posted in Arc's thread, but it's not a big deal. Other than the two who have made their opinions clear, I have a hunch that no one gives a fuck one way or the other. The implications of having two threads are practically nonexistent. If you want to compare, you have to hit the back button first. Oh shit. Not that.