St's Misc stuff

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

25000st
Captain
Captain

St's Misc stuff

Post by 25000st »

Danny420Dale wrote:I'd like to see you do better and make your own sprites, then. :roll:
Well, I tried making some of my own sprites. I'm not sure if they beat melv's but i made my own sprites Danny. More sprites will be added to this collection in the future.

Beam with a ring. Since the animation doesn't work for some reason (there is animation) I'll just explain. The rings move forward and it looks like there is a constant feed of rings.

Piece of spinning debris. I like to use it for a weapon that shoots debris at ships. I find it works as a plasma's bullet.

Rainbow thingy. Should look interesting with railgun and beams.
Forget about these right now please.
Rotary Blaster

Intercepting Gun

Um... yes there is animation but it won't play for some reason.
Last edited by 25000st on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

As far as I can tell, with the exception of the rotary blaster these are all modifications of existing weapons and not all that good at that. The rotary blaster's not that great either.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Wtf? These aren't yours :x kinda.. The twin turret is the double AC sprite modified and most of them as well are the same modified weapons.
The intercepting guns looks OK I guess though.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Homer wrote:The intercepting gun looks OK I guess though.
Simply because it is the smallest gun there and thus little 'detail' could go into it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

These are all rather poor and, quite frankly, bad. Come back when you have something a bit more impressive that isn't a blatant hackjob.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Yeah. I admit i did do kind of a bad job. I guess i was more driven to do this cause of what danny said (I'm not trying to blame him for the bad sprites. I was probably just trying to be proud.) rather than cause i wanted to do this. I also kind of rushed. I'll come back with something better so don't criticize my sprites quite yet.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Re: 25000st's sprites

Post by Swamp Fox »

25000st wrote:Um... yes there is animation but it won't play for some reason.
Actually, I think it is. It looks to me like you just forgot to make it repeat.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I don't know how to make it repeat. Could you explain it?
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Well, I suppose it really depends on which program you use, but if you save it using GIMP, after you tell it to export an animation you just make sure "Loop forever" is checked. In Gifsicle you would just add "--loopcount", but somehow I doubt there's many people using Gifsicle. I really can't tell you specifics, but somewhere there should be an option to enable looping.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Poor sprites indeed, but with some finishing touches they could have potential, need help?
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Since you still haven't done it, I've gone ahead and fixed the looping.
I tried to make the speeds similar to the originals, but since I can't really get a good idea of what that is, these are approximations.
"What?!"
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Debris is ok, ringbeam's interesting, but that rotary gun is just Fail; it's big, the muzzle flash is tiny, and the rotation's fucked up. Sorry. Rainbow thing would make for "interesting" effects, especially if someone makes a color-cycling GIF out of it. :lol:
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Moral of the story; don't rush stuff out of the door to try and impress people. Take your time.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Ty swamp fox
Danny420Dale wrote:but that rotary gun is just Fail
Um... I know the rotary blaster is screwed up. I said to forget about the rotary blaster and the intercepting gun right now.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

For the lulz...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/J ... ailgun.png
I'm sure we could somehow make a lava lamp in game with that one...
The rock also works well as autocannon ammo with the shrapnel set for meteor bits...