New ship bridges

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Of course the largest Star wars ship (in the movies) also had a very embarrassing end because of said exposed bridge.

A-wing kamikaze runs: The best answer to star destroyers.
I mean it's not like it was easy or something. They just needed to blow up that ALSO exposed shield generator and ram a shot down fighter into the bridge.
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Oh for fuck's sake, not this shit again...

Fleet bombardment. Thirty minutes. Not primary shield generators. You are wrong.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Nutcase wrote:A-wing kamikaze runs: The best answer to star destroyers.I mean it's not like it was easy or something. They just needed to blow up that ALSO exposed shield generator and ram a shot down fighter into the bridge.

/me facepalms

Once the Rebel fleet arrived, the Executor and the remainder of the Imperial fleet assumed a position behind the Rebels, blocking their only escape vector. They effectively had the Rebel fleet sandwiched between themselves and the Death Star, but were personally ordered by the Emperor himself to defer from attacking to allow the Death Star's superlaser, believed by the Rebels to be inoperable, to strike first. With the operational status of the Death Star realized, the Rebel fleet desperately resorted to attacking the Star Destroyers at point-blank range, a suicidal measure to be sure, but the safest choice when confronted with the unstoppable power of the Death Star. It was at that point that the Executor entered the fray.

After the shield generator was destroyed by the strike team bringing down the shield protecting the Death Star, the Rebel fleet commenced its primary attack on the battle station's main reactor core. Hoping to dissuade much of the Imperial starfighter presence from following the Rebel fighters into the Death Star, Admiral Ackbar ordered a concentrated assault on the Executor itself, led by his own command ship, the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser Home One.

Following the failure of the bridge shields, two RZ-1 A-wing interceptors from Green Squadron were able to destroy one of the ship's sensor globes and the shield projector vanes surrounding it. With the Executor's defensive guns losing coordination, another wayward A-wing, piloted by Arvel Crynyd, ironically hit by one of the Executor's guns, inadvertently crashed into the ship's unprotected command tower, smashing through portions of the bridge section. The loss of the bridge temporarily disabled the Executor's navigational systems. Before auxiliary power could restore control, the Executor, caught in the Death Star's gravity well projector, plummeted into the surface of the station, obliterating the massive warship and causing significant damage to the Death Star.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor ... over_Endor
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
ODST
Commander
Commander

Post by ODST »

I never did buy the entire, "Take out the shield generators and the shield goes down" thing. Aidan's clarification proposes such a better alternative.
[img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6102/odstsigbi9.jpg[/img]
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

ODST wrote:I never did buy the entire, "Take out the shield generators and the shield goes down" thing. Aidan's clarification proposes such a better alternative.
I think it's a topic for another tech-specified discussion, on shields and shield generators :roll:
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

^ That stylish ship got a observation platform on the TOP, and a bridge on the front.
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

MelvinVm wrote:Image

^ That stylish ship got a observation platform on the TOP, and a bridge on the front.
That ship is a droid ship. Which makes we wonder, why the hell did they need life support systems there... or at least oxygen.
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

It was Star Wars, anyhting was alotted. Thanks, althoughI had that one aready.

Note: my other duities have been keeping me preocupied and I don't have much done :( . Will post an update soon.
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Malahite wrote:
MelvinVm wrote:[img]-snipped-[/img]

That ship is a droid ship. Which makes we wonder, why the hell did they need life support systems there... or at least oxygen.
For the Neimodian crew members.

Also, we should probably stop the derail at this point guys.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.