Kaelis' Section Factory

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

MISC-SHIPWRIGHT PACK
http://blaise-studio.com/kaelis/bsf/Kae_msc-sw.rar
Put them into Kae_msc-sw directory.

Squishy wrote:Do you plan on converting some or all of the alien sections?
Not sure yet.
Last edited by Kaelis on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Well, I know I'd use the steampunk parts a hell of a lot. I tell everyone what, I'll try to convert them myself and post the results here if it's ok with Kaelis.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Go ahead, but post them somewhere else. Also use your own naming scheme, ie. don't use 'Kae_'.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Nice! All of my favourite Kaelis sections are converted, then.
omega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by omega »

Yay! The misc sections are finally out. These are also my favorite Kae sections.
alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta... and Ω Omega!

Last edited by omega on Mon Jan 1, 2012 1:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Kaelis wrote:Go ahead, but post them somewhere else. Also use your own naming scheme, ie. don't use 'Kae_'.
Any reason why your sprites refuse to take color? Any time I try to color them it stays grayscale. Its set to be color, not grayscale though...odd.

I guess I could just cut each piece out.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Thats because they ARE grayscale... theyre indexed pngs, duh. You need to convert them to RGB.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Kaelis wrote:Thats because they ARE grayscale... theyre indexed pngs, duh. You need to convert them to RGB.
Huh, well paint says it's color, but I'm guessing you used gimp so I'll try to figure out how to use that. I'm new at this if you haven't guessed.

I got it though.

Most are pretty easy, but I have a feel 69-71 will be fun.

Done 30ish so far, gonna convert them later.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Kaelis, I am going to do the sections in the 'Sections' folder ie Bluhman's, Ixranin's et al sections and other assorted fellows who contributed during CE.

Take a load off ya (alien SW style sections please).
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

Just lovely sections, i'm going to have a lot of fun playing around with them.

I got a total 176 parts from you, that's a lot to type into the smspirites log, so i made my own python function to print it out for me :D
Go Go GO!!!
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

you know you can just make a custom sprites file for that?
only takes about 3 secs to load and then you don't have to keep on messing with the sm if you want to add sprites.
Last edited by AlphaDetisMegas on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

@AlphaDetisMegas: WHAT! You mean all those hours of sitting there, double-clicking, then accidentally closing SM and having to start over, that can be done in 3 SECONDS? I feel violated.

@Kaelis: The SWA sections are awesome. You are mein hero.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

Ho well... At last i can make my spirit logs faster now :P
Go Go GO!!!
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Noctis wrote:Most are pretty easy, but I have a feel 69-71 will be fun.

Done 30ish so far, gonna convert them later.
Then you're doing it wrong :P

Imo most sections need more work than just filling them with main shades and running through SWizator. Converting main lines to detail, adding/removing stuff, gradients, fixing clutter and noise, etc. Especially the steampack needs some love, since many sections are supposed to be cylindric and need proper shading.

Squishy wrote:Kaelis, I am going to do the sections in the 'Sections' folder ie Bluhman's, Ixranin's et al sections and other assorted fellows who contributed during CE.
Uh, i wasnt going to do other sections - theyre not mine, it would be a pain in the ass to get all the permissions and well... i don't like most of them.

ragamor wrote:I got a total 176 parts from you, that's a lot to type into the smspirites log, so i made my own python function to print it out for me :D
Nice. And to think that three minutes of skimming through documentation and finding out about group arrange and sprite ini saving could have saved you all the hassle and humiliation.

Yeah, this is what were really good at. Mere animals couldnt possibly manage to act like this. You need to be a human being to be really stupid.
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

Kaelis the evil bastard wrote:Nice. And to think that three minutes of skimming through documentation and finding out about group arrange and sprite ini saving could have saved you all the hassle and humiliation.

Yeah, this is what were really good at. Mere animals couldnt possibly manage to act like this. You need to be a human being to be really stupid.
If you can import more then one section at a time then i admit i did something stupid.
Go Go GO!!!