Kaelis' Section Factory

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Excellent work. :D
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

54 makes a perfect turret, apart from the offkilter rotation. Easily fixed with a 1px "pin" though.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Seems that some sections take to this "Shipwrighting" better then others. Greater amounts of detail mean more separation and parts. The Stock pieces would probably look pretty lame in comparison to the mecha ones.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Noctis wrote:Seems that some sections take to this "Shipwrighting" better then others. Greater amounts of detail mean more separation and parts. The Stock pieces would probably look pretty lame in comparison to the mecha ones.
Indeed. To get a decent result, the base linework needs to have some visibly divided areas, so that you can use multiple shades. Stock-like sections by definition don't have much division, thus they end up rather flat, if you don't add any lines.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Kaelis wrote:
Noctis wrote:Seems that some sections take to this "Shipwrighting" better then others. Greater amounts of detail mean more separation and parts. The Stock pieces would probably look pretty lame in comparison to the mecha ones.
Indeed. To get a decent result, the base linework needs to have some visibly divided areas, so that you can use multiple shades. Stock-like sections by definition don't have much division, thus they end up rather flat, if you don't add any lines.
Hmmm...I wonder if it would be possible to make a program that could convert sections automatically? Seems possible.
praetors
BANNED

Post by praetors »

Great Pack!!, please, more Weapons sprites, the normal and fraxy aren't a good combination with the new pack...
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Noctis wrote: Hmmm...I wonder if it would be possible to make a program that could convert sections automatically? Seems possible.
Hmm... I wonder.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Sponge wrote:
Noctis wrote: Hmmm...I wonder if it would be possible to make a program that could convert sections automatically? Seems possible.
Hmm... I wonder.
huh...teach me to read every last dang section of this place

And that more shades then anything. I was thinking a program that would identify the seperate sections and color them differently as well as shading. Still a nice program though, should speed things up here.
HydreMajor117
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HydreMajor117 »

Uh can someone help ?
I actually used Mecha and steampunk sections but when i launch Sandbox it just won't load...
The sprites are in the right folder and all so i just don't get the problem :?

EDIT: Sorry guys i just figured it out,it was triggering that was Screwing it up...BTW i thought i had to post here because i did'nt knew if there were things or issues i had to know bout the sprites or anything like that so i apologize
PEACE
Last edited by HydreMajor117 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

HydreMajor117 wrote:Uh can someone help ?
I actually used Mecha and steampunk sections but when i launch Sandbox it just won't load...
The sprites are in the right folder and all so i just don't get the problem :?
Well first, this isn't the right part of the forum to ask that question. Try the general discussion or resources sections.

Secondly, Its a little difficult to judge whats wrong with just that type of discription. Does it not load at all, as in sits there in black and never does anything or does it just give you some sort of error message? If it does give an error I suggest posting the message.
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

hm, download link is broken for the mecha pack I think..

could be my connection, tho it doesn't look like it
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Kaelis, 'Kae_gnr-sw56' appears to be off-center (two or three pixels off-center). Just thought you should know.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

bien4500 wrote:Kaelis, 'Kae_gnr-sw56' appears to be off-center (two or three pixels off-center). Just thought you should know.
Pretty sure it's two pixels high. I moved mine down. :x
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

(Slowly, comes out of the shadows.)
I guess, I own Kaelis an apology. The sections are great, and enhance BSF to the extreme, great work mate.

To join the conversation several posts above: The Mecha and Generic sections both look better then the stock ones because they were meant to fill a certain niche(Is that still English?) in shipbuilding, The stock ones on the other hand were made to fill a lot of differant roles.
(all In my opion.)
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

SMALL-SHIPWRIGHT PACK
http://blaise-studio.com/kaelis/bsf/Kae_sml-sw.rar
Put them into Kae_sml-sw directory.

bien4500 wrote:'Kae_gnr-sw56' appears to be off-center
Fixed and updated the downloads.
Last edited by Kaelis on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.