BMZ ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

BMZ ships

Post by BlackMetalZivon »

Lakota:
Lakota [7].png
Main Weapons:
Twin Railgun x15
Twin Beamer x15
Missile Rack x8
Particle Cannon x2

These are supplemented by Particle Rifles, Shock Beamers, and HV Rocket Launchers.
It is also able to deploy Steamrunner corvettes:
Steamrunner [2].png
Steamrunner [2].png (4.63 KiB) Viewed 22887 times
The Lakota is so big that I had to edit together three separate screenshots! I do believe I have improved, but there is still room for further improvement. The Lakota uses a mix of Bh, Crim, and Warning Forever section sprites. Some sprites were modified to better suit the design. A MkII is already in progress.

I've also redone many of my other ships, including: Tiger, King Tiger, Panzer, I-400, Merkava. A redesign of the Mekanos is in the works.
Have also made a few new ships: Akemi, Strymon
Will post screenshots of these later.
BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: BMZ ships

Lakota Mk II:
Lakota Mk II [2].png
Main Weapons:
Twin Railgun x16
Twin Beamer x16
Missile Rack x10
Particle Cannon x2

Originally intended to add even more standard deflectors with all the added sections, but had to take some off because it wouldn't load in game.

Merkava:
Merkava [5].png
Main Weapons:
Torpedo Launcher X3
Flare Gun x1
BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I-400:
I-400 - revision 7.png
Main Weapons:
Particle Cannon x1
HV Rocket Launcher x8

Designed to be a fire support ship. Most effective when firing into clusters of ships

Strymon:
Strymon [3].png
Main Weapons:
Drone Launcher x13

A Drone Carrier built from the I-400 design. Parts of this design were used in building the Lakota.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Considering how much you used that one bit of armor on the Lakota, it actually looks pretty good and gives a sense of slope. I would recommend trying to fit that kind of scaled armor into something smaller, and use it sparingly amid more detailed sections.

Also maybe incorporate the color throughout the entire ship rather than two distinct layers which frankly clash rather harshly. Lighting effects help with this. If you have to spam bits like you did from the spine to the wings, break them up with 'joint' blocks or some kind of armor overlay. I would also avoid making the weapons the same color as the blocks below them, especially when it's red.

Cheers for keeping the game alive.
BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

jwa8402 wrote:Considering how much you used that one bit of armor on the Lakota, it actually looks pretty good and gives a sense of slope. I would recommend trying to fit that kind of scaled armor into something smaller, and use it sparingly amid more detailed sections.

Thank You! Did you mean into smaller areas of the Lakota?
Also maybe incorporate the color throughout the entire ship rather than two distinct layers which frankly clash rather harshly. Lighting effects help with this.
Good point. I was toying around with colors, and settled on three shades each of gray and red. I could find a few more shades of each to reduce the clashing and better transition between them. Also, I tried to keep lighter sections above darker sections to create a sense of depth.
If you have to spam bits like you did from the spine to the wings, break them up with 'joint' blocks or some kind of armor overlay. I would also avoid making the weapons the same color as the blocks below them, especially when it's red.

Spamming seemed appropriate on the Lakota given how large it is. Will need to experiment with what works best for 'joint' blocks when I have time.
What's wrong with coloring the weapons? To me, they blend in when made the same color as the sections below them.
Cheers for keeping the game alive.
Thank You!
BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Tiger:
Tiger - revision 5.png
King Tiger:
King Tiger - revision 6.png
I'm happy with the overall shape, but there are definitely some areas that could use better section work.
BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Akemi [11].png
Though I like the overall shape, there are a few spots which need the section work redone.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

That last one looks like it has a completely separate red and grey part. I feel like it could use some grey bits under and around the central part to make the transition from grey to red feel smoother.

Other than that, I like the ships. Good to know there's still someone out there making them.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln