BSOD Shipyards 2.0

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BSOD_2.0
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

BSOD Shipyards 2.0

Post by BSOD_2.0 »

Welp,decided to start posting normal ships til I get back into the war for the something something I forgot what its called.But,since I realised I didnt have any newer Shiny ships but the ones im making that are secret for now.I decided first I would upload a bunch of old stuff I used as my first ships.Be warned of absolute horror and doom

BEFORE YOU LOOK AT THE BELLOW SHIPS KEEP IN MIND THEY WERE MY NEAR FIRST SHIPS AND IM JUST UPLADOING THEM FOR KICKS.
THE PITS OF DESPAIR AND HORRIBLE FIRST SHIPS THAT SHOULD BE DOOMED.(Keep in mind this was a WHILLLLLLEEE Back.
Spoiler!
The "Pinky boom"
Ship45.png
Ship45.png (13.57 KiB) Viewed 12385 times
"Oracle"
Oracle.png
Oracle.png (9.28 KiB) Viewed 12385 times
(Considering how bad theese are,ive decided not to upload most of them.But decided to do 2 or so just to show you how I used to be.

WIP GSEC ship(Currently unbalanced to crap and needs to be re-modeled in a way.)(Specifically a weapon cleanup)
Simbolotitic..png
Info:The idea was that it was a re-purposed old ship,aka and excuse for me to use different weapon sprites.I might just take out the machine guns since they aren't very usefull,or maybe make them invisible.

And for a few things I present a weapon cleared version of the above ship:
Blargoo.png
BSOD_2.0
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: BSOD Shipyards 2.0

Post by BSOD_2.0 »

AGH.I just realised how much the new ship resembles the Maelstorm from SAR....I shouldve noticed since it was the main ship I used for balance testing...
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Clever :P

Your stock crap isn't that bad though, it would just have needed some more different shades. Anyhow, this new ship looks pretty good to me.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
BSOD_2.0
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BSOD_2.0 »

Im making a new ship,colring it will be hard to get a good color scheme considering its not faction based.Im not done and its only armed with 2 guns so here is what I got sofar:
WIP SHIP.png
Lemme know whatya think
xmrsmoothx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xmrsmoothx »

The central body looks very good, and I like the connections you've made to the arms. I'm not too sure about the backside, though; it's hard to get that particular section to mesh with many things.
BSOD_2.0
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BSOD_2.0 »

Im planning on making the back an over section to a few more "Wing"s on the ship.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Its quite cluttered as is and the sectionwork could be better. Try cleaning up the middle a bit.
naysayers will be shot
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Also colours, shading and details.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
BSOD_2.0
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BSOD_2.0 »

I know,it isnt done yet.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

The shape isn't very inspiring *cough* triangle *cough*

I do like the style you're going for though, reminds me of a Klingon (whatever, don't watch ST) 'Bird of prey' dispite looking nothing like one.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

The shape might be a bit unoriginal, but it definitely seems like something you could make look interesting.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
BSOD_2.0
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BSOD_2.0 »

When disaster strikes and your internet accidentally gets canceled,it gives you plenty of time to make some ships.

Ive re-worked most of the GSEC ships,and revamped some of the pathetically weak ones.

Bimmor advaned
SMscreen020.png
The new Bimmor corvette is now ready to fight harder and faster with its 4 lasers to fire at its enemies.(Note this ship has alot of HP,like most of the GSEC ships to make up for the small part count compared to other factions)

A simple hull mod of the main mining ship of the GSEC.

Zeleno Advaned
Hull mod of the Heavy Corvette Zeleno

Hyper Heracolon
An upgraded version of the Heracolon,using Caclionizelite shielding for the sides and rear

Compelatous Rompolietcio
An anti-capital Frigate containing two Autoloader cannons,carrying a clip of 10,each shell doing 130 damage,but with a long reload time to reload the clips.Is highly shielded in Caclionizelite.(I also have to love how this certain ship works)

Cacarona
The same classic light cruiser,being outdated however,it is not as effective as other ships and is not used as much as it used to be.

CSS Longsaber
A one of a kind ship known for having ridicilously strong fighters (Planning on removing its hangars)
Being the only one of its kind,it is never used in combat unless it is protecting the GSEC home system

Eraloneis Rompelis
A beam cruiser using the latest in beam technology,its useless shooting in the front due to the Caclionizelite armour,each piece wielding 2000 HP,the best way to kill it is to flank around to the side or back or use railguns to take out the lightly armoured "Glass" connecting the main area to the sides

Carolous Pocket Cruiser
A cruiser mainly using lasers similar to the Hyper Heracolon's but it also has Charged Caclionizelite that can fire Caclionizich beams at a full 360 arc.

Hyper Celestalion
This ship,with only 10 of its kind are extremely powerful warships usually only found in the main system defence fleet.

Celementisonop Cenusieliec
The flagship of the GSEC planetary defense fleet,only 2 of its kind exsist.It loadout is completley made of Caclionizich weaponry and armour,making the only best option to attack the back of it.The ship's are on strict orders to patrol the main GSEC system at alltimes,and are never allowed to leave the main defence fleet,even if it is for a large scale attack on an enemy

And I hope you all like the ships ive just made,remember to keep in mind the principles of the GSEC fleet before judging how weak or strong they are,im looking for more of aesthetic feedback rather than balance feedback at the moment however.
BSOD_2.0
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BSOD_2.0 »

Forgot to post the file for the ships,do whatever you like with them for now.
New GSEC.zip
(177.49 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Bimmor, Zeleno and Cacarona lack the bluish glows that are pretty much the only defining visual trait of your ships.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
BSOD_2.0
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BSOD_2.0 »

Alright,ill try and edit in some of those things in somewhere,probably the back of them.