Ships.A few.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

HopeWick
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Ships.A few.

Post by HopeWick »

This is my first post here,and im not that good at building,well anything.

I decided after beating Kid Icarus uprising I would make a BSF version of the closest thing to a ship they had.I don't wanna spoil anything just incase anyone here is playing it,but its a weapon you use against the final boss that has multiple forms.I couldnt "Re-make" it and have it turn out good,so I decided to make a BSF "Version"of the only form of it I could find artwork for.

This thing is seriously OP,seriously.I never intended for it to be strong or weak,just accurate.Like the one in the game it only has one gun,but its a good gun.(No download for this thing yet,im gonna try to make all the forms before I make a download)Anyway,some feedback would be nice.Also,I zoomed in to capture details.This also might not be the final version of this,it came out a little too square,and mixing two different "Sprite packs"Didnt really end well in a way.Anyway,im done leaving notes for this one.Seriously.Not joking.Not at all.It mainly focuses on high speed with low acceleration

I think I went a little overboard with this things guns.But that doesn't matter,it isnt supposed to be balanced.It keeps the goldish objects in the back,but has 2 arms and 2 wings,and more HP.This one is really slow but has more health and firepower.

This one is just plain fast.Nothing else said about that,the "Wings"werent hard to do,but hard to figure out how to do,I couldnt cut out the main difference of this and a few other forms anyway.I had to make the 4 look seperate too.The things are supposed to be arms.I actaully accidentally started on them early by an accidental flip,and it happened to look perfect for the arm
Last edited by HopeWick on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Re: Ships.A few.

Post by -Desert- »

No idea what ship this resembles, but it's not that bad anyways. It's not the best thing I've ever seen here, but it's pretty good for a first ship.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
HopeWick
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HopeWick »

New ship,the last one is actually a remake of one that wouldn't save :/
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

The new ships are interesting with their arms, but they need a little work. The remake ship doesn't look like it's finished, though. There's loose bits hanging round the back.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
HopeWick
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HopeWick »

They're supposed to be wings,they aren't "Connected" to anything but they are parented to the core.The last one is supposed to be a version of this thing:(The closest thing to "Artwork"I could find of it was a AR card)Image
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

I see. It's hard to make that with normal sections. Try playing around with the fake aegis glow (on the ED2 tab) and with using it on stock sections in combination with your current ships.

Here's a topic with an example of what I mean:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7200&start=15

It's a ship further down the page called 'Magnus Deus Acerbitatem'

The builder, Doogie, is really good, check out some of his designs and see if it inspires you.
HopeWick
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HopeWick »

Ill try that.Oh,and the name "Magnus"?............I know my next ship.........How am I gonna make a giant sword into a ship....
HopeWick
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HopeWick »

Battle shots!...Maybe I should try to balance these....

Pew pew lazers!

This is what I use your ships for mostly.

Poor TSE...I need to nerft this ones speed...
HopeWick
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HopeWick »

I remastered the things "Wings"But it looked so sloppy I decided to scrap it and try to remake the wings again,but I can't figure out a good way to make them look seperate with the new design...Should be done soon anyway.
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Post by Majicnanas »

I think stock sections would suit the wings more than mecha.
Add me on steam @majicnanas
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Exactly what I said. Use stock sections with some kind of glow found in the ED2 tab of a section.
366storm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 366storm »

On the wings: try turning the alpha on the section down and set it to "additive" blending (it will appear faded) then turn on glows.
HopeWick
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HopeWick »

I thought I should tell you that

Anna Admin Edit: For those of you who can't be bothered 'deciphering' this 'encoded' message, what he's actually saying here is "I am a massive dickhead who did a stupid thing to waste your time for no good reason, please kick me in the face until I learn to stop being a retard." Hope that helps!
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Nope.wordswordswordswords
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Anna wrote:Nope. wordswordswordswords
That was unnecessarily rude.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln