New Ships from a Newbie!Please Rate Them! :)

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheSoulKniTTer
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

New Ships from a Newbie!Please Rate Them! :)

Post by TheSoulKniTTer »

Hello everybody!

I have spent around a few days fiddleing with the shipmaker and I have remaked some of my old ships while I made new ones which look epic!Please share your thoughts about my fresh and still warm ships :D

[Sad news.These ships got deleted somehow...I have no idea how they got deleted.So no download link for ships and maybe I will even stop making this 3 race. :( ]

Sheeperium Race:

The Sheeperium Race is a highly inteligent race and they value technology and knowledge over anyithing else.
Their Mission is to Find their Creators the "Enlightened Ones" to unite the two long lost and hidden race to defend this section of the Universe from the Harvester Race, the Breih'Ka.The Sheeperium Race often use vurnerable and highly unstable Cores to power their mysteriously powerful weapons and shields in battle.
Sheeperium BattleCruiser
- Middle tier Battlecruiser (7/10)
- 6 Point Beam defending Core and it's Aegis.
- 2 Chainguns.
- 4 High fire rate but low dmg Plasma Cannons.
- 2 Twin Scatter at Front.
- Realy High defence.
- Well armed.
- Core defended by vurnelable Aegis.
- Long range Deathray at the front of the ship.(Fixed and now Balanced and looks normal).
- Nano Matrix at Core.
- Long range Flash Bolter from Core.
Sheeperium Scout
- Realy High tier Scout (9/10)
- 2 Deflectors.
- 2 Sabot Cannons with high fire rate.
- 1 Burster Gatling Pulse with high dmg.(Animated with triggers).
- Realy mobile and fast.
- Flanks enemy ships and able to destroy Destroyers and even Battleships when in packs.
- A bit larger than avarge Scouts.
Sheeperium Super Scout
- Special High tier Scout (11/10)
- Almost the size of a battleship.
- 2 rapid Plasma cannons on side.(Animated with triggers).
- 5 Deflectors.
- 1 weak Nano Matrix.
- 2 Gluon Bolter.
- 1 Point Beam.
- 1 Gatling Pulse at front.
- 2 Side Twin Cannons at front.
- 1 Giant Torpedo Launcher at Front which deals a lot of dmg.(75 dmg with 700 reload.Also Animated).
Breih'Ka Race:

The Breih'Ka is a arthropod race which harvests every planet, sun or asteroid in order to feed and defend the race.
They often have grotesque looking ships and these ships are often 2x and even 3-4x bigger than an avarge ship!
They are scattered around the Northern universe caused by the Holy War on the North around 8000 years ago with the "Enlightened Ones" and many other races fighting for their place in the Universe.By the reports all ships except for the swarmer, can create swarmers.These Swarmers are deadly in pack and they don't have a pilot.The Breih'Ka also steals technology from the races they trample.
Breih'Ka Scout
- High tier Scout (8/10)
- Realy mobile with spammable Teleport.
- 2 pair of side Cannons.
- Weak Nanomatrix at Core.If shield gets destroyed the Matrix Dies too.
- Powerful Front Shield.
- 1 Gluon Bolter.
- Can spawn Breih'Ka Swarmer very slowly.
- High survivability.
Breih'Ka Swarm Carrier - Sorry for the depth error at the front! :oops: I will fix it ASAP -
- High tier Carrier (8/10)
- Realy Powerful front Shield.
- Can spawn many Swarmer.
- Can Teleport.(Realy innacurate and takes long to reload).
- 2 Demeter Drone Launch Pod.(Drones Live as long as they are not destroyed).
- 6 Gatling Gun with enchanted firerate.
- 1 Giant Chaingun.
- 6 Particle Gun.
- 2 Weaker but faster Tactical Nuke Cannon.
- Realy Tough and tanky.Hard to Destroy.
Breih'Ka Swarmer
- Low Tier Fighter (2/10)
- has 1 Pulse Rifle with low dmg but high firerate.
- Core is shielded granting the core section an extra 5 hp.
- Fast and can Swarm down slower ships easily.
Liberty Race:

The Liberty race is a very humanoid race.They suffered a lot from inner wars between different governments.After the inner wars were over the Libertians were able to take a huge step foward in space exploring.Now they are populating the northern Universe with their race while they are looking for technology to learn and study from all kind of different races they meet with.While some of them can be friendly the rest often tries to make their own World and lead a huge army of "Pirates".Their weapon technology isn't as good as other races but they have very good shield technology for both marines and ships for full defense.
Liberty Battle Hound
- High tier destroyer (8/10)
- 4 Cannons and 2 Twin Cannons.
- Avarge Shield.
- 1 Giant Torpedo Dealing lots of dmg.(130 dmg.1000 reload time).
- Tanky but lacks other defenses.
Liberty Scout
- Middle Tier Scout (6/10)
- 2 side Cannon.(Animated with triggers).
- Avarge Shield.
- 1 Mini missile Launcher holding 4 missiles.
- 1 machine gun at front.
- 1 Avarge Shield.
Liberty Fighter
- Middle Tier Fighter (6/10)
- 2 rapid side Pulse rifles with low dmg.
- 1 high tier shield compared to other fighters.
- Can gather up quickly behind enemy ships thanks to their shields.
- Flanking AI.
Liberty Battle Mistress
- MiddleTier Battle Cruiser (7/10)
- 1 powerful Shield.
- Can spawn Liberty Fighters from both sides slowly.
- Has 1 Deflector for the Shield.If shield collapses than Deflector dies too.
- Has weapons in a 270 radius.
- 6 Cannons, 2 Twin Cannons and 6 Machine guns.
- Much more effective when assisted by other Liberty Ships.
Thanks for reading and please rate ^^!
Last edited by TheSoulKniTTer on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Can gods make such mistakes to destroy themselves?...
They can...
- Soul KniTTer, The World Consumer.
Ristyo
Captain
Captain

Re: Newbie Ship Maker.Please rate my ships!^^

Post by Ristyo »

Nice ships, and you really nailed it on shading the first one. Well done.
Anyway you have some really nice glows......
The Comerlian Family

Dammit, didn't realize Starsector is really hard.
TheSoulKniTTer
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by TheSoulKniTTer »

Uhh well...the shading is cause some parts are naturally darker than others lol...

But thanks for your opinion!:)
They can...
Ristyo
Captain
Captain

Post by Ristyo »

Are those thruster glows from the thruster module or did you made them manually?
The Comerlian Family

Dammit, didn't realize Starsector is really hard.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

To be honest... The ships themselves are actually good for first ships. I just don't like the glowing modules, their stock style just doesn't fit with the rest of your ship. Try setting their alpha to 0. You can't change their sprite, but you can always add a non-firing weapon on top of it with a custom sprite.

There are a few things that aren't completely perfect but it's no overstretched gunbrick spam :3

The first ship is the best in my opinion. It has depth and I like the antennas. But what is that star thing at the rear without any connection to the ship? It looks terrible. The glowball... It looks weird. As Ristyo said, you did well on those shades there :)

The second ship, the scout seems overpowered because of its teleport spam, unless it's shortrange or very inaccurate, and the railgun. I like it, except for the bits that stick out. I see what you're trying to do, but it doesn't flow together that well.

The large ship in your third picture has a problem with the center parts. They don't fit, it almost looks like a brick with some stuff slapped onto it (it's mainly the stock #22's that are doing this)

The small fighters are also very good, I'd love to see a download of those in particular.

Overall you've made something way better than the average new guy on this forum. Keep going, you've got enough talent :wink:
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
TheSoulKniTTer
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by TheSoulKniTTer »

Thanks for the positive feedback guys ^^
I actually tought that Anna will come here to shout me down xD

So to anserw a few stuff...

1. Yes those are Thrusters with custom sprites.Not selfmade but maybe I will make my own sections and effects since I have a bit of experience in pixel art ;)

2. Well yeah the Sheeperium BattleCruiser is my first ship with custom sprites, so its the oldest too.Actually these are going to be my main 3 race probably.(Names not confirmed for now)The first race is probably going to be some enlihtened creatures with high inteligence and technology.Their usual ship style will be smooth and pointy with a glowing unstable core.

The second race will be some kind of harvesters.They are bug-like creatures with high teleport technology and with much bigger ships than usual.Usual ship style will be grotesque.

The third race will be probably very humanoid.Not sure about them for now :P

Yeah I will probably rework them a little soon.Since i discovered that there are a bit more sections than I tought I have lol.Also I wanted to include a download link but the folder is locked and im too lazy to spend a few minutes figuring it out how to unlock it.Maybe later I will unlock it somehow lol.
They can...