global battle BSF

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Flavio1999
Ensign
Ensign

global battle BSF

Post by Flavio1999 »

I know the battleships forever has no online mode for a pvp battle resouvi then create a battle with the best ships of each eviem their best ships with a screenshot file of your ship and the information:

points of life:
number of guns:
types of guns:
(edited for guns or edited lasers place what it was edited)
Type of ship "battleship" "cruiser" "battle cruiser" "frigate" "or smaller ships"
Your IA: "Will not accept kamikaze ships"
and the team that prefer "Blue" or "Red"

Note: Ships with life and huge damage will not be accepted :!:

quantities of ships that each participant may have:

Battleship, cruiser and battle cruiser: 1
Frigate: 3
smaller craft: 10

do battle with all the ships from each team the best of the best each team face each other

Errors in English due to the use of google translator. :(
Last edited by Flavio1999 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flavio1999
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Flavio1999 »

I will make a video of each battle and a meeting by team viwer for all to see
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: global battle BSF

Post by jwa8402 »

I see what you are trying to do -more of a battle royale rather than a fancy tournament or war- but you may want to add some quantifiers. You say we can't have ridiculous life or damage which makes sense. I assume you want them to be stock settings? But what about the size range and number of weapons, any restrictions there? Can we submit any ship ever made or does it have to be made just for this?

Also what version are you using so we can submit the correct ship files to you?
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

I'm guessing you're from Brazil or some other where they speak Portuguese in some form, as some untranslated words in your post seem to be in Portuguese.

Your idea seems fine to me. It's plain battle, which makes it different from the Delphinus Gulf Wars, which takes place in a context. I'm sure there have been events like this, but they all had some kind of balancing table. You could always take a look in the Encounter Archive and see what others have done. It might help you to set some clearer rules :D
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Flavio1999
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Flavio1999 »

sorry for the delay in replying I am using what I think is "the latest version" but I better send me the sprites that you'll use to avoid errors

jwa8402:

damage to life or want Diser ridiculous that ships with "custom" weapons damage eg 1,000,000 or 999,999 will be Disqualified will test all ships before

-Desert-

Yes I live in Brazil as the translator is not 100% I do not speak very good English some writing errors occurred topic
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

A-ha. Oh well, let's think of some kind of balancing table. If I remember correctly there's some kind of 100-point system floating out there, it's been used a lot but it works quite well. The 'no overpowered weapons' makes sense, but I think you should ban custom weapons in general for this, if you want things to be fair.

Having said that, I like the idea of a plain battle without too much sidestory. If you need help, ask people, they're usually more friendly than me :wink:
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Flavio1999
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Flavio1999 »

really a good idea to take the custom weapons for the battle is 100% fair can help me on how the battle will be taken?
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

I think of some system with 'pools' where you have a few groups (pools) of 4 ships or so. The winner of each of these groups/pools then goes to the next round, where they will be grouped again. Repeat that until you end up with some final round, there we go!

I'm also thinking about backstories, though that's probably optional.
Flavio1999
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Flavio1999 »

a good idea would be like a championship group vs group to reach the final with 2 groups of ships
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

I do recall we had something with groups of ships... That would be fun, we just need more people to be active.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

-Desert- wrote:I think of some system with 'pools' where you have a few groups (pools) of 4 ships or so. The winner of each of these groups/pools then goes to the next round, where they will be grouped again. Repeat that until you end up with some final round, there we go!

I'm also thinking about backstories, though that's probably optional.
I'm going to quote this because some people didn't look at this -_-
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Cost of custom weapons could be determined by the DPS. Range and precision would have some default value, and going over it could cost additional points. At least for blasters and pulseguns and particle rifles. Other weapons would probably be handled differently.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Could do that. I think it should be percentage-based in that case