Perhaps the strangest thing you've ever seen

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BSOD_2.0
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Perhaps the strangest thing you've ever seen

Post by BSOD_2.0 »

I meant your newest ship,I was saying I never thought of using thoose 2 midwings as overwings and just settled on using them as front section extensions.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

... Right. But then I didn't think of them as whatever you said, lols.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

I'm working on shiny ships, but I've found this fuckoff huge thread
(viewtopic.php?f=3&t=357&start=420 sorry, I'm too stupid to know how to shorten it) and it contains some nice sections I'd like to use. However, most of them haven't ever been in any BSF version released (including SM repacks). Some are by people who did have a few sections in there, some aren't.

I've made a list of people whose sections it's about. Yes, most people haven't been active for a long time, but I'd like to ask before using them. I know that not asking permission for that sort of stuff tends to induce yells with some people :lol:
Spoiler!
- Arcalane
- Bluhman (some are in BSF folders)
- Boba Fettucini (same as above)
- Cerebrus (just 1)
- Captain Trek (one)
- ChaosTheory (already partially in BSF folders)
- Ixranin (same here)
- M123
- RRoan
- Savilian
- Anna
- Syngyne
- Water_and_Wind (one)
- wonderwhy-er (I know he's banned but this list just has to be complete)
I'm not sure if this should be in here, but whatever.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

-Desert- wrote:(sorry, I'm too stupid to know how to shorten it)
To get this: LINK
Type this (without the space in "[ /url]"): [url=viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7297&start=30#p131775]LINK[ /url]
-Desert- wrote:I've made a list of people whose sections it's about. Yes, most people haven't been active for a long time, but I'd like to ask before using them.
Feel free to use the sections I've posted (that's what they're there for :P ).

EDIT: Re-uploaded these to imgur and improved the alignment of one section:
Image Image

Also had a go at SW versions of them:
Image Image
Probably too dark, not sure if I got the style right.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Oh right, thanks. They'll be in the 'Sections' and 'Sections-sw' folders, respectively. I especially like the first one for its real 'holding' look.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Bump bump, I did it. I wrecked the ICIDU. I have finally learned that leaving a flash drive in your latop and then throwing that into a bag does not work. I took two or three drives but the result it great :P

Anyway, feel free to declare me a moron for liking the stock style more than other stuff, because that's the case. Right now I'm still tired from my week in Paris so don't expect great things to happen very soon.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

What's wrong with stock? deltaflyer can make a beautiful ship out of stock sections.
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Yay, I'm not the only one who likes stock :D

Having said that, there's a good chance my ships will be unplayable without the BSF repack. It's got a few stock-style folders I tend to use (especially Melv_Stockplus has a few sections that really help me with certain shapes)

I'm also going to throw a little zipped folder on here with some old section suggestions (I have a link to it somewhere, I'll post it) that I enjoyed, including M123's two pretty little things. Though a lot of them never really fitted the stock style, a few fit very well (thank you Arcalane for pretty fuel tanks)
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

I love stockies. Sadly, most stock stuff is in the archives as people don't seem to use stock that much anymore, but there are still some good stock builders (or at least there is Majic, if noone else)
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

I might try... I just need to find my flash drive >:C
The archives? I saw a thread from roughly v0.68 or something, though scrapped designs like the Zeus were only mentioned. It also had a few dozens of designs that were 'stock-based' and were usually expansions of existing ships or replacements. I'll post a link to it if I find it.

Anyway, I am fairly unable to do sensible things with SWA and Shiny sections, so stock it is!