The Workshop

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Re: The Workshop

Post by -Desert- »

It's got a 'smooth' look instead of the shiny Windows 7 thing, true.

Alright, I went a bit overboard there. But Windows 8 is no exception to all the OS folders (including BSF) usually being protected in some way, which is why I run it from my flash drive.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Post by Majicnanas »

I like those ships, they retain a certain common build between eachother.

A couple more cruisers, battleships, destroyers, etc, and you could have a fleet in your hands.

I've never really personally experienced W8, but I know I won't like it. Just like to stick with good ol' W7.
Add me on steam @majicnanas
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

And right you are. Windows 8 isn't the new Vista or Millenium Edition, but 7 is definitely better in terms of using it.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

I like these ships, they are pretty good and finally look depthed. A little on the small side, but I suppose that's the style.

re windows: just #InstallGentoo you fukken pleeb lords

m-muh compile flags
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

That's right, I was sort of derailing this thread, my apologies.

OT: There's some code someone would like to use but it was never finished. This thread explains what. I'm bothering you right now because Arc apparently doesn't want to fix this. I'm terribly sorry for doing this :|
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Wanted to post these earlier on but my pc's battery sort off needed a reset and I was too tired to even do that so it took me awhile before i could post these.
United Terran Systems.rar
(17.33 KiB) Downloaded 779 times
there are some changes here mainly the missiles.
there is two here that I didn't include with the earlier post of me, a military installation and a prototype beam cruiser named saber which both was designed as an anti alien war assets, I made them at the same time I made the four basic ships.
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

It's been very quiet in here for awhile now, have you guys finally lost interest in SM?
Well, too bad I guess, I might as well post this here.
SMscreen0139.png
SMscreen0139.png (13.66 KiB) Viewed 31656 times
Unknown Extraterrestrial designated as Azazel, in the past few encounters with the UTS, it seems it has only one weapon in the middle and takes more energy to charge as seen in the illustrated photo which shows 2 large power supplies with 4 reserve power modules in case the ship runs out of power from overdriving it's beam, it takes awhile before the storage will be filled so it will warp out to find a spot to recharge or return to base for a quick refill, it is also very volatile when destroyed suggesting the Azazel might be an experimental weapon and due to the fact that the enemy captains protect it with zeal. Level 4 is issued and must not be engaged until a fleet with Saber class complements and Executors reach the field.
Creations
Coalition of Terra
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The sectionwork is awesome, but the glows are a bit strange. The center one is okay, I guess (although I'd make it a bit different), but that weird red outline on the fuel rods is...weird. What I'd do instead is have the section itself glow softly, which an example of could be found in the civilian ships I made for the Miora Colonies, as well as a multitude of other reasons. Also the engine glows are strange too.
naysayers will be shot
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Slightly odd colour scheme.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Only 3 of us left eh.
I should add two glows to the engines which one will be the source and the other emitted, is that good doogie?
Creations
Coalition of Terra
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

For the engine flare, don't change the color of the fake aegis, just mess with the intensity. The color should come from the flare sprite you use.
naysayers will be shot
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by delta-7 »

the fuel rod glow is an interesting concept. the center glow ball is just fine and i like the red color scheme, though i feel like tan isnt the best choice to go with red highlights. thats just a personal preference, you didnt do half bad on the colors. the only actual problem is the engine glows, im thinking you'd get a little more gradient if you used one large ball and replaced the triple thrusters with something else to match. or you could just use fake aegis/ section under effect if that doesn't work.
//counts down the seconds till silva comes over here to yell at me for a necro
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Eh, I bet not, it's only been 6 months old.
Creations
Coalition of Terra
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by delta-7 »

well... i think i only ever necrod over a year once, and ive been tempbanned for less before. am i the only one who's noticed that most of the best shipbuilders have kinda... faded away? i guess this is how a good forum dies.
funny thing is, all the time that's passed, and for all it's minor issues, BSF is still one of the practically nonexistant free space strategy sandbox games that have massive amounts of freedom in designing your own ships, and probably the best of the handful of games ever made that meet all of these criteria. all this and it's overshadowed 100 fold by crappy, simple freemium and pay to win games with simple physics and poor graphics such as redshift.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Haha, true, but you gotta admit, there are some better ones out there, this game would've been one of them if this game was maintained since it used to have a nice fan base and custom content and would have had more custom content with other mods but, thi5 has better things to do.
Creations
Coalition of Terra