My Ship

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TehDictionary
Ensign
Ensign

My Ship

Post by TehDictionary »

Poseidon ADVST-X-1.shp
Here it is.
(9.69 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Poseidon ADVST-X-1.shp
Here it is.
So, yeah, lurker here. Hi. I've made a stock ship (mostly because I suck at using shiny sections) and I think it looks like an armored soap bar with nacelles.
Spoiler!
A-01 Cataclysm.shp
Here it is.
(24.95 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Opinions please?

Okay, here's a poorly made attempt at using SW sections. (Still sucking at using shinies)
Spoiler!
Poseidon ADVST-X-1.shp
Here it is.
Last edited by TehDictionary on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Netharis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: My Ship

Post by Netharis »

Quite good for a first ship.
The most glaring problems I see would be the resized/rotated section at the front and back of the ship because they look out of place among the clean lines of the rest of the ship and that the weapons are a darker shade of grey that the rest of the ship which just looks odd.

Minor nitpick but I think the wings would look better if you brought the curved bits (the 45 and the 34) above the grey support strut.

Something to try out for your next ship would be the use of different shades of colours to give your ship a sense of depth (lower sections darker, higher sections lighter).
Aaaand... Welcome to the forums.
TehDictionary
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TehDictionary »

Thanks. I'll keep your advice in mind. I'm assuming that I need to change the frontal/dorsal armor plating to something more "clean", as well as shading?
Netharis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Netharis »

Err, yeah. Sure.
That's a good place to start.
BlueScreenOfDeath123
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by BlueScreenOfDeath123 »

I have no idea why but this somehow reminds me of the desidnova from a starsector mod.....
If i see something that looks good,i will most likley attempt on making something like it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

^The Desdinova is part of Blackrock Drive Yards, which was originally a corporation in the metagame on these forums years back. Cycerin is an old member here and a very prestigious builder. All of the ships there were made in BSF, although I think he touched them up in photoshop.
naysayers will be shot