The Progenitor empire. The most crazy fleet of ships.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

mastercrazyhands
Ensign
Ensign

The Progenitor empire. The most crazy fleet of ships.

Post by mastercrazyhands »

Hi everyone!

I wish to present you with an amount of crazy ships. These ships can obliterate any regular ship. I will show them to you in order of class.

The Snoop
BFscreen01-bmp.jpg
the Snoop class scout unit is pretty powerful, even for its size. The progenitors try to cram as much firepower into the smallest and fastest unit possible. It's made for scouting but can be used to fight small ships. It is equipped with two blaster rapid fire cannons, a rocket launcher, a deiterling device, and deflector shields.

The wirbelwind
BFscreen04-bmp.jpg
The wirbelwind class destroyer has the force of an f5. it's equipped with four powerful twin laser cannons and torpedoes. It also has anti-missile machine guns, a dieterling, and two Demeter pods. These Ships have a good history with the progenitors. (and yes, the name is spelled correctly).

The Drone Ship.
BFscreen07-bmp.jpg
This ship is pretty weak, but that's the way it's supposed to be. It has three impeder deployers, a Vulcan cannon a projector, six deflectors, two blaster cannons, two missile launchers and two nanomatrixes.

The Reaver
BFscreen03-bmp.jpg
The Reaver class cruiser packs the first nuke cannon that the progenitors managed to develop on the front end. It's a little weaker than the Wirbelwind, but it has the nuke cannon. It also has 4 beam guns, a dieterling, and four deflectors.

The Harima
BFscreen02-bmp.jpg
This is where things start getting mad. The Harima class battleship Packs 6 Heavy Vulcan cannons, two rocket launchers, four blasters and six machine guns. It has a dieterling and two deflectors.

The Obliterator
BFscreen05-bmp.jpg
The Obliterator class is a distractor ship. it's supposed to take the fire of an enemy ship and allow other ships to attack without taking enemy fire. This ship has five deflector shields, and a dieterling. Its also armed with two quad cannons, two drivers, a rocket launcher, four missiles launchers, a mega tachyon. two beam cannons and a nuke gun.

The Leviathan
BFscreen06-bmp.jpg
This one's a big baddie. I can't give you a detailed description of this ship and the rest of them but I can tell you that this one's is going to be fun to play with.

Spacenought
BFscreen08-bmp.jpg
This is the only space station I've built. and it holds a lot of weapons. This station is central command to the empire.

Craterkhan
BFscreen00-bmp.jpg
This is the most powerful ship ever made by me. It contains every single system needed to repair fight and run. I still can't get over the fact that this the best ship ever. It was the first one I built!

So now I'm done with these ships. I hope to put up the Dark Progenitors and their war machines. I have pasted a download button at the bottom of the post for people who want to use my fleet. enjoy.
Progenitors.rar
(11.54 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The Progenitor empire. The most crazy fleet of ships.

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I don't know how to break this to you but: Mostly the people on this forum don't give a crap about what your ships can kill (a 2 year old could make an invincible f*** stuff up ship). We want to see ships that are aesthetically pleasing (nice to look at) and im afraid none of your ships are.

They are mostly green bricks with a bad case of weapon spam.

My advice: browse the forums, see what other people have made with stock sections and then try and implement it into your own designs.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Don't sweat it though, as this is the #1 most common beginner mistake ever. Thing is, you can build ships that are aesthetically pleasing AND incredibly destructive solely because you can edit the stats of the weapons.
With that said,
Welcome to the forums! We are always happy to see a new face.
naysayers will be shot
mastercrazyhands
Ensign
Ensign

Hey there, Necrontyr1998!
Thanks for breaking the news to my 11 year old, who created, zipped and posted these things by himself. Good to know there are pathetic no-life losers like you out there to crap on kids' inventiveness and excitedness. It's all good, I'm sure you're miserable in your pimply-faced skin-and-bones unloved existence. It has been my experience that those who bash others without knowing who is on the other end eventually pull too big a fish out of the pond and get eaten.
Luckily, he has a parent who cares enough to monitor his online presence for idiots like you. I'll explain to him that there are people like you out there who have no life or ambition except to rag on others via an anonymous arena, and he'll understand.
Thanks for the advice, Doogie. I know he was excited about posting his ships and he could use some CREATIVE advice.
Enjoy the day!
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Look, I don't know if you're really the parent of "mastercrazyhands" or if this is some really pathetic trolling attempt. I don't really care, either. You're a hypocrite. Necrontyr's advice was phrased perhaps harshly, but it was absolutely correct as well, and it actually is good advice if he wants to get good at this. Your response was to come in and stand up for your son, because I guess you think he can't stand up for himself? Top-notch parenting, there. And you do that by ignoring the substance of Necrontyr's post and instead abusing him in the most childish manner possible, while saying that bashing people without knowing them is bad... irony, haha?

No, but seriously, we don't really want 11 year olds here typically, though the first post in this thread didn't come off as having been written by an 11 year old, so I can let that slide. But we really don't want 11 year olds whose parents come in to yell abuse any time someone says anything remotely negative about something their son posted. And we don't want trolls who come around to cause trouble, either.

If you can handle your son posting in an adult environment, where sometimes things will receive honest and sometimes harsh responses, then let him continue posting here if he chooses to and contact myself or Arcalane (i.e. the Administrators) if you feel that he's been treated unfairly, rather than spouting childish abuse in the thread. If you can't handle that, just say the word and it won't be something you need to worry about any further.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Honestly, I don't think any of us pegged him as 11 years old, given how he acted and typed was far more coherent and mature than some of the other, older newbies.
That said, Necro's advice, while harsh, is accurate. The forum indeed tends to judge ships posted here more on aesthetics than on killyness (since anyone can just shove 9999999999etc damage killbeams on something and aegis the thing and call it a day) which is something that probably isn't immedately apparent, and has to be pointed out to almost all newbies who join.

On to the ships themselves, standard newbie mistakes here. Don't spam weapons all over the place to the extent that the ship can't be seen under all those guns. Consider where each gun goes and how it'll fit in with the rest of the ship. If you do want loads of guns, I'd reccomend placing multiple of the same type in nice neat rows for better-looking gun batteries. It's also possible to depth weapons (just above the parented section) by selecting the weapon in question and pressing w. Done right, it can give the impression of having the guns sticking out from under armour plate. For bigger guns, it's popular to stick them on the circular sections (and bits therof, stock_13 AKA the circle one IIRC is popular for this) of the armoured barbette look.
In general, the ships are bad now, but you can improve. Look around the forums and see what other members have done. Most people use custom sprites nowadays, but if you want to stick with the stock style there's some good examples in the old Battleship Wars thread here (don't post in that or Anna will dock you for thread necromancy though). Reading the stickied threads and the guides is also good reccomended.
And with that, welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay!
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I am quite sorry If my initial comment offended you or your son in any way, I simply and honestly put forward my view and advice on how the ships could be improved. I don't however understand why I provoked you to the extent you felt you needed to attack me personally:
I'm sure you're miserable in your pimply-faced skin-and-bones unloved existence.
< C'mon really? That's just spiteful and really not a good way to set an example to your child. But I won't start some pathetic argument over the matter.

As Anna has said, as this is a forum where people receive comments and criticism on their creations you are bound to get responses like mine and I am not the first nor last to do so.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

On the note of advice, try the kae_shn "shiny" sections. They are more difficult to use, but there is 512 of them. Much more than the outdated sections.

Note: "Brick" is a ship that is rectangular.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
mastercrazyhands
Ensign
Ensign

I do want to say that I built these ships a long time ago. I saw them in my file folder and I wanted to do something with them. I have made a few ships that are better looking than these. I may put them up at some point but first they need a little redoing. Speaking of redoing I may blow away these ships and start anew now that I've figured out how to use the sprites.