Hello BSF Forums! My first designs!

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

JoeyTwoShoes
Ensign
Ensign

Hello BSF Forums! My first designs!

Post by JoeyTwoShoes »

Hello Battleships Forever forums! I saw this game and it's ship creator and thought "Hmmm... looks nice, I'll try it out!". I download the game today and am impressed with what I see. :o

I'm looking forward to creating many new and exciting ships and putting them in many cool scenarios! I'm also looking forward to reading many interesting forum posts/threads and seeing how the pros play! I've always had a thing for creating things and this game is perfect for that!

I've already made 2 ships which I want you guys to see and comment on.

Dreadnought: A large, heavily armoured battleship with a wide range of powerful weapons, most notably it's most devastating weapon, the Annihilator Railgun. NOTE: This is my first ship and, not having much experience with weapons, I turned up the damage and armour to ludicrous values, definitely overpowered.

Harrier: A medium but fast scout vessel, emphasis is put on speed and turn-speed, doesn't pack much of a punch but it's main strength relies in it's ability to dodge fire and flank enemies. Is equipped with 6 flak-guns to further enhance survivability. NOTE: This is my more serious ship, as in, unlike the Dreadnought, it uses default values for weapons and sections (in other words, balanced and not a big ball of death).

Let me know what you think! :lol: And try not to trash me if my designs aren't very good, they are my first ones.
pew pew pew
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Hello BSF Forums! My first designs!

Post by Anna »

For first designs, they're honestly not bad at all. Many newbies post their first ships as being horrendous monstrosities with dozens of stretched sections and aegis deflectors and weapons all over it. Some people who have been playing the game for years still do that *looks at the SCC forum* but the don't last here very long.

Anyway, quite decent for a newbie, and I look forward to seeing what you pull off once you get your hands on things like Shiny sections.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Nice noobships. Can we keep this one, Daddy? I wanna see what he can do with glows and shinies!
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Post by Majicnanas »

Hey JoeyTwoShoes! BTW, I like that name. Welcome!

These ships aren't bad at all, actually, these are 10x better then my very first ships. It will be great to see how advance in this game, and it's ship maker.

Have a look around the forum, and see what all the veterans have built!
Add me on steam @majicnanas
BlueScreenOfDeath123
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by BlueScreenOfDeath123 »

Theese look almost exactly like my old stock ships but they where green and blue and not red
If i see something that looks good,i will most likley attempt on making something like it.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Not bad. The shapes are nothing special but I do see what appears to be a crude form of shading. The section work around the core of the Dreadnought is good but I'm afraid that is gets progressively worse the further back you go. Also, one of the sections at the front of the Dreadnought looks like it is depthed higher than its pair.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081