Aperture Investment Opportunity

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Aperture Investment Opportunity

Post by Anna »

Hello Investers! Cave Johnson here, Founder and CEO of Aperture Science! Have you ever thought to yourself, "Sure, my Cruiser is shiny, but damnit, it needs more science!"?

I'm sure you have, and that's why we here Aperture Science have put our enormous brains - and a substantial quantity of embezzled funds - together to bring you... Atlas!

So I made a thing, at Latooni's request. :lol: I'll post a download for it once I've finished arming it, and have also made its brother ship.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Re: Aperture Investment Opportunity

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Hahaha, oh my god Anna, that is great.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

That ship is a triumph! You should make a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. Was it inspired by the singing laser cutter video from yesterday?
Anna

Post by Anna »

It was inspired by that, and by Latooni issuing me a challenge to make Atlas and P-Body inspired ships.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

Are there moving sections in the center to cover the blue core ball, like a camera aperture? Because that would fit the name.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Anna

Post by Anna »

I'm sorry, I think you are completely missing the fucking point, Zalausai.
Quality Control Enforcer
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Zal, have you not heard of Portal?
Miram
Commander
Commander

Post by Miram »

This is portal game ship.
I'm rare akuma you argument is invalid.
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

I have heard of the game, but have never played it. The only thing that I hear from people about it is "the cake is a lie". Such idiocy has made me avoid the game. All I know about it is that it is a puzzle platformer or something. I tend to favor more nostalgic games like DOOM, which also has an active forum community for game editing.

If I can't use it for artistic expression l, then I usually skip it. Unless it has interesting mechanics.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.

vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

Awards

Portal has won several awards:

At the 2008 Game Developers Choice Awards, Portal won Game of the Year, along with the Innovation Award and Best Game Design.[111]
IGN honored Portal with several awards, for Best Puzzle Game for PC[112] and Xbox 360,[113] Most Innovative Design for PC,[114] and Best End Credit Song (for "Still Alive") for Xbox 360,[115] along with overall honors for Best Puzzle Game[116] and Most Innovative Design.[117]
In its Best of 2007, GameSpot honored The Orange Box with 4 awards in recognition of Portal, giving out honors for Best Puzzle Game,[118] Best New Character(s) (for GLaDOS),[119] Funniest Game,[120] and Best Original Game Mechanic (for the portal gun).[121]
Portal was awarded Game of the Year (PC), Best Narrative (PC), and Best Innovation (PC and console) honors by 1UP.com in its 2007 editorial awards.[122]
GamePro honored the game for Most Memorable Villain (for GLaDOS) in its Editors' Choice 2007 Awards.[123]
Portal was awarded the Game of the Year award in 2007 by Joystiq,[124] Good Game,[125] and Shacknews.[126]
The Most Original Game award by X-Play.[127]
In Official Xbox Magazine's 2007 Game of the Year Awards, Portal won Best New Character (for GLaDOS), Best Original Song (for "Still Alive"), and Innovation of the Year.[128]
In GameSpy's 2007 Game of the Year awards, Portal was recognized as Best Puzzle Game,[129] Best Character (for GLaDOS), and Best Sidekick (for the Weighted Companion Cube).[129]
The A.V. Club called it the Best Game of 2007.[130]
The webcomic Penny Arcade awarded Portal Best Soundtrack, Best Writing, and Best New Game Mechanic in its satirical 2007 We're Right Awards.[131]
Eurogamer gave Portal first place in its Top 50 Games of 2007 rankings.[132]
IGN also placed GLaDOS, (from Portal) as the #1 Video Game Villain on its Top-100 Villains List.[133]
GamesRadar named it the best game of all time.[134]
In November 2012, Time named it one of the 100 greatest video games of all time.[135]

Wired considered Portal to be one of the most influential games of the first decade of the 21st century, believing it to be the prime example of quality over quantity for video games.
You should really get around to playing it.

also, on topic, I do like the general look of the ship, but it looks like it could do with a bit more detail in places such as on the wings, or between some of the sections on different levels in the centre to give them a bit more contrast.
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Anna

Post by Anna »

Go play Portal 1 and Portal 2 right now you uncultured fucking swine. They're only some of the best games ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qcED35LL8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZMSAzZ76EU

EDIT: No but seriously, the "The Cake Is A Lie!" spamming retards are idiots, but it's an incredibly innovative and awesome and generally fantastic game with great writing and great gameplay and Portal 2 lets you make. and share your own test chambers (levels) via the Steam Workshop

DOUBLE-EDIT: I'm hoping I don't need to explain that the "uncultured fucking swine" comment was hyperbole and I wasn't seriously trying to hurt your feelings or whatever.
Quality Control Enforcer
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

I view the insult as an expression to assist the effort of you trying to tell me that you think I should go play the games.

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

:shock: Never seen that video before, but I have two lasers at work. No idea whatsoever if they can be tuned like that but now I feel obligated to waste some time trying. At the least I'll get an Aperture Science logo out of it.

Pretty epic ship!
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Post by Majicnanas »

What about making a combine ship from HL2? That would be awesome!
Add me on steam @majicnanas
Anna

Post by Anna »

While I love the Portal franchise, I couldn't give two shits about Half-Life.
Quality Control Enforcer