Aperture Investment Opportunity

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Aperture Investment Opportunity

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Same here /\
Portal has a good locked in mood with a hint of insecurity. Half life just looks like most other shoot em up games.

Anyway, you have captured the aspects of Atlas brilliantly Anna. Someone should make the Borealis lol.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

Half life is very low quality in my opinion. Unreal Gold is about the same age and much better overall.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Very Good! You are now in possession of the Aperture Science ATL-4S. With it, you can travel through rifts in space. These rifts have proven to be completely safe. The ATL-4S, however, has not. Do not touch the operational end of the ATL-4S. Do not look directly at the operational end of the ATL-4S. Do not submerge the ATL-4S in liquid, even partially. Do not attempt to pilot the ATL-4S in a circle. Most importantly, you should not [static, loss of transmission].

EDIT: Zalausai, HL1 and HL2 are completely different games made almost 10 years apart. HL2 was named game of the year by many, many different organizations when it came out, and still gets mentioned in "Greatest game of all time" lists by magazines. It's not the same game, at all, as Half-life 1.

EDIT 2:
Zalausai wrote:I tend to favor more nostalgic games like DOOM, which also has an active forum community for game editing.

If I can't use it for artistic expression l, then I usually skip it. Unless it has interesting mechanics.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/brow ... sort=trend

There are 249,759 custom levels for Portal 2 at this time of writing on this site. Portal 2 has been out for slightly over 2 years now; the workshop for custom portal levels has been out for about 1 year. It runs on the Source engine, which has a very long history of being modded. I have seen people do absolutely beautiful things; the best of them do amazing things while delivering a very fun singleplayer or co-op experience.

I think the most notorious example was an old co-op level made before the Workshop came out; someone commissioned a few good mapmakers in the community to make it for him and his girlfriend (she was unaware he was doing this), and sent Emails to Valve asking for custom voice lines.

Valve obliged, and the level consists of several puzzles, ending with a marriage proposal, with new lines purely for this level recorded in Valve's official studios by the official voice actor of GLaDOS.

Zalausai status: ☐ Told ☐ Not told ☑ Aperture Science Told Testing Initiative
Last edited by Latooni on Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
seaheroe
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seaheroe »

Don't disappoint me OR I WILL MAKE YOU WISH YOU COULD DIE!!
But it's a nice ship!
Something awesome is hiding in there!!
Spoiler!
NOPE
robots rock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by robots rock »

Now expecting a wheatley ship that has MASHY SPIKE PLATES that pop out and crush other ships......
Creator and Ruler of PACIV
Holy Elephant Poo! It works on my school internet!

Latooni: "I like to imagine every australian snipes for a living"

Keep your head down. I can see you from here.........