At long last, I made a thing ... again. An empress returns?

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

At long last, I made a thing ... again. An empress returns?

Post by Lizzie »

It took some amount of sleep deprivation, emo music, and is slightly inspired by one of Anna's recent ships. It's also lacking guns yet so I'm not finished with it, but I figured it was finished enough to post. It's supposed to be a beam artillery destroyer or something.

Edit: This is also my first successful attempt at building anything from the "Shiny" sections.

Edit2: New thing

Last edited by Lizzie on Sat May 04, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: At long last, I made a thing ... again.

Post by Anna »

It makes me so happy that you've finally picked up shipmaker again. :D It's so pretty, too!
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Re: At long last, I made a thing ... again.

Post by Corporal Jomn »

And thus I am reminded that I still am mediocre as a ship builder. :) Love it Lizzie, so pretty.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Re: At long last, I made a thing ... again. A empress return

Post by Majicnanas »

I can't see your ship due to the school filter, but I think it will look good.
Add me on steam @majicnanas
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Awesome ship, Lizzie! You still have the industrial design aesthetic, and it is awesome with the purple! Also,

/me smacks Magicnanas with a very large Blue Whale.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

It has a great depth to it and I like the use of color. Looks like there are some great mounts for when you do arm it, but maybe have some belly turrets too. The two purple armor pieces at the back seem like they might be a pixel forward or something? Maybe by design. I'm not used to you vets building such small ships... Keep going, you need to restore your fleet so you can reclaim your empire from all these feeder races!
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

[12:04] <MarieHawke> you know, Lizzie? are the furthest outriggers supposed to be above or below the plane of the ship?
[12:04] <MarieHawke> because I can easily imagine this thing having a gullwing shape or something idk
[12:04] <MarieHawke> from a frontal perspective
[12:04] <STARSTRUCK> looks to me like the center pods are above and the front ones are below
[12:05] <STARSTRUCK> cool mental image, actually
[12:05] <MarieHawke> that's exactly what I was thinking, yeah
[12:05] <danny420dale> yup[
[12:05] <_Lizzie_> They could be
[12:05] <MarieHawke> but the front ones I'd think wouldn't be raised at all because field generators or some bullshit like that
[12:06] <MarieHawke> idk, I'm just gonna copypaste this IRC log into your thread as commentary because fuck it.

That said? Great, now it's my turn, isn't it?
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

jwa8402 wrote:Looks like there are some great mounts for when you do arm it, but maybe have some belly turrets too.
Like where exactly?
The two purple armor pieces at the back seem like they might be a pixel forward or something?
I have no idea what you mean by this. Elaborate please.
Maybe by design. I'm not used to you vets building such small ships...
Shiny sections makes that easier ... well once you learn how to use them anyway. I had a ... mental barrier of sorts making it impossible for me to figure out what to do with them for the longest time. It appears that some of Anna's recent designs helped me shatter that barrier. If I can maintain the momentum and make something else is a different problem though. I do have some ideas for a larger ship perhaps though. We'll see if anything comes of it.
Keep going, you need to restore your fleet so you can reclaim your empire from all these feeder races!
The IVL is likely dead. I may make a new empire from their ashes though. We shall see
Majicnanas wrote:I can't see your ship due to the school filter, but I think it will look good.
Why in gods name did you not wait until you could see the ship then before posting?
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I like this. Lizzie, as self-proclaimed sensei I demand you me more.
naysayers will be shot
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

It looks nice. It might benefit from yellow doodad lights to compliment the violet.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

It looks nice. It might benefit from yellow doodad lights to compliment the violet.
I actually tried those. I ended up hating how it looked.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: At long last, I made a thing ... again. An empress retur

Post by jwa8402 »

Sorry this was the spot I meant. Yes, I could find so little to criticize that we are down to pixels :P
As for the belly turret, was just an idea. Usually there tends to be a huge beam mount dominating the middle of the ship, but since this is fairly small and I like it, figured putting the beam on the bottom would be a nice change-up. Can't remember if the beam itself always shows up on top of the ship though instead of the layer the weapon is on, cuz that would look weird then.
Attachments
7naimj3.png
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

jwa8402 wrote:Sorry this was the spot I meant. Yes, I could find so little to criticize that we are down to pixels :P
As for the belly turret, was just an idea. Usually there tends to be a huge beam mount dominating the middle of the ship, but since this is fairly small and I like it, figured putting the beam on the bottom would be a nice change-up. Can't remember if the beam itself always shows up on top of the ship though instead of the layer the weapon is on, cuz that would look weird then.
Err... The whole ship itself is a giant beam cannon.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

I made a new ship, it is also unarmed right now. I'll add guns to them later when I feel like messing around with the weapons.

Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

It could benefit from some glows on those round black sections along the center line. Maybe in the dark circular parts on the wings sections as well. They could be a faint oranges / yellow or violet like the rest of the ship.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.