Infected Design.Co

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Infected
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Infected Design.Co

Post by Infected »

As, clearly obvious, I will be posting ships here... So, Here is the first one:
The Necron

Downloads in that attachment area.
Attachments
Necron.shp
(7.56 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Necron.sb4
(8.3 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Attention interloper - heed this recorded message. This Drone vessel speaks with the voice and authority of the Infected Shellcores. You are trespassing within Infected space. This world, Shellcore Command, may not be approached for any reason. Nor will hostilities against our Defense Platform be tolerated. In addition, your ship does not respond to standard Infected identification transmissions... and is there for deemed to be... independent. This is not permissible -- only subservience shall be tolerated. This Drone now leaves to inform the Infected Shellcores of your transgressions. You are commanded to remain here and await the arrival of the Infected.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Infected Design.Co

Post by Doogie12 »

Hi, welcome to the forums. It's always nice to see a new face.
Now as for the ship, you used a really, REALLY weird style of section there. In fact, the only real usage of those I've seen is for glows and decorations on hulls. As I've noticed you lurking for a quite a while, I think you know what I mean when I say that it is a weird ship.
I urge you to use a more...solid set of sections that isn't really just a bunch of lines. That said, I look forward to your future ventures in spaceshipses.
Last edited by Doogie12 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
naysayers will be shot
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The picture doesn't load for me at all. I'd recommend not using imageshack. It's terrible. Use tinypic.com or majhost.com for hosting images. They're neater and more reliable.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Here is a pic.
I'd suggest just using the forum attachment for pictures (as my school filter doesn't block those :P).
Infected pic.png
naysayers will be shot
Anna

Post by Anna »

Uhhh...

Wow.

I'm sorry, those things you're using as sections are meant to be doodads. Detailed bits to go over sections as decoration. You aren't... you aren't meant to use them to build a ship. I'm sorry, that is heinous.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Infected
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Infected »

Ninja-Edited/Er... Ninjaposted: I used them because I was bored, and wanted to makes something insane.
It is not the only ship I have made, simply the only one I felt like sharing at the moment.

Anyway, here is another ship:
The Class 15 Rebuilt
If you do not already have HorseMonster's sprites, I recommend you download them, they are amazing.
Attachments
Class 15 Rebuilt.shp
(8.87 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Class 15 Rebuilt.sb4
(10.1 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Attention interloper - heed this recorded message. This Drone vessel speaks with the voice and authority of the Infected Shellcores. You are trespassing within Infected space. This world, Shellcore Command, may not be approached for any reason. Nor will hostilities against our Defense Platform be tolerated. In addition, your ship does not respond to standard Infected identification transmissions... and is there for deemed to be... independent. This is not permissible -- only subservience shall be tolerated. This Drone now leaves to inform the Infected Shellcores of your transgressions. You are commanded to remain here and await the arrival of the Infected.
Anna

Post by Anna »

I'm using Firefox. I don't know why, but imageshack refuses to load for me sometimes. That latest ship has the small problem of being covered in too many guns. You can't actually appreciate the look of the ship at all, because it's a small little thing with dark guns covering almost every available inch of space. Doesn't look great, I'm afraid.

But hey, these are things that people do while they're learning.
Quality Control Enforcer
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

That is, wow. That is a lot of weapons for such a small ship. I can't even see the actual hull. Get rid of them.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Infected
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Infected »

Aye... I have dozens of ships in storage... I have been building them for the past few months, if you wanted to see weaponspam, you should have seen my Void Obliterator, it lived up to its name, but it looked terrible.

Anyway, here is a better one, it is not the best looking, but it was supposed to be slightly more realistic:
The Class 0 Jump Ship
SMscreen012.png
Just a thought, but I should probably start telling you what armaments it has:
4 x Machine Gun: Shortend Reload, Increased Health
4 x Flak Gun Increased Health
1 x PPC ((AKA: A More Power Slower Fire Rate Particle Rifle))
Attachments
Class 0 Jump Ship.shp
(9.9 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Class 0 Jump Ship.sb4
(11.24 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Last edited by Infected on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Okay, that looks much more reasonable. I suggest taking the screenshots at 100% zoom (press backspace) as it makes it clearer and easier to see the ship.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Infected
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Infected »

At 100% Zoom? You would not be able to see it, it is not all that large.
Anna

Post by Anna »

You would be able to see it. It's not all that small, either. Anyway, here's some pointers to help with taking good screenshots: Make a .bmp in your BSF directory. Just call it "black.bmp" or something. Just make it a small black background and nothing else. Then, in shipmaker, you can click "Tools -> Change Background", select that bmp, and you'll have a flat black background that lets you see your ship more clearly. I never use the default background for building. I find it gets in the way and makes it harder to work on the details of the ship.

Also, yeah, you shouldn't maximise or resize the Shipmaker window (idk if you have been doing this or not, but a lot of newbies do), it causes stretching and weirdness. And finally, pressing "Home" returns to the default zoom and lets you take nice, crisp and clean screenshots instead of blurry and nasty ones.

Newest ship is certainly an improvement over the first two.
Quality Control Enforcer
Infected
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Infected »

Before I learned how to use the Mirror button, I used the lines to mirror my ships. I have been maximizing the Window, but only because I have trouble seeing my ship otherwise. I learned how to change the background early on, but none of the ones I found were as helpful as the default.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

It's for taking screenshots though. The standard grid layout is nice for positioning, but when presenting the ship, it can look rather ugly.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Infected
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Infected »

Meh. I felt like building a ship, so here is what came of it.
Brutus
[attachment=2]SMscreen013.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Brutus.shp
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Brutus.sb4
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
SMscreen013.png