Equestria's Finest

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

GATC
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Equestria's Finest

Post by GATC »

It's more easy to ponyfy thing that with Star Wars/Trek... But look at the number of Star Wars/Trek ship in this forum, or even Andromeda... How many Star Wars mod there is on Mod DB? Have you ever see the "Star Wars kid" (with the added effect XD)? The number of different writer in the only universe? And number of fan-made film?
When I see a pony in Iron Man armour, is there a ponyfied version of Iron Man? Or a Iron Man version of a pony?

Back on building....
Anna wrote:Make the purple bit at the back a bit brighter
The only problem with the purple colour is that it a part of the "mane", and it's a element that is changing.
As you can see in my first post, there is multiple colour scheme for this only ship.
Adding new colour that will stay, I've no problem with that, but modify the colour of the "mane" or the one of the "body", I'm a bit more reluctant ^^'

Anyway, I've added the last version as a .sb4 (I've removed the Cutie Mark)
Attachments
Rainbow Dash Feather proto.sb4
(15.52 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Beware! I have a Pinkie Pie launcher!
(When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.)
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Here's a few things I'd do to improve the overall design of the ship without expanding on it.

I think I could probably to a few more things to improve it, but this was most of the stuff I thought could use some work. Replaced a few sections which I felt didn't fit, added some depth by having the lower portions of the white sections be shaded darker, and moved a few bits to make them flow into the rest of the ship more and give it a more unique look. Also I brightened up that purpose section, and I'm adamant that it looks better that way, but I'm assuming you'll disagree.

I really don't think multicoloured ships like this work well. They can be done well, with glowy bits and highlights, but having a ship with a rainbow coloured "mane" (ugh) of actual sections looks rather... off, to me.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
GATC
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by GATC »

It's cool ^^ (even if it's not 20% cooler)

By "mane" section, I'm referencing to the group of section that use the mane colour scheme of the pony it's based on.
Here they are
Spoiler!
Rainbow dash
Spitfire
I have to agree that a little change to the colour can improve it. And even if it is not the "official" colour, it is still close enough.
I'll try your configuration with the other colour scheme and post them here soon
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

It'd be easy to do with some simple glows. I remember I did an organic light array thing on the Acerbitas Rex using HM stone sections set to additive.
naysayers will be shot
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

I feel like you made an awesome ship.... but then a unicorn barfed on it, and it soaked into the hull to give it a permanent paint job. Tis awesome in the shape and stuff, with glows it would be even more awesome though. OH btw never watched mlp, seems.... not really homosexual or 5 year old girl-ish but I guess I don't want my eyes raped with rainbows every three seconds.

I am an idiot and need to not make posts even remotely disparaging of gay people, or else Anna will instantly ban me for being a worthless shithead.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

/\ jay, that's offensive and obnoxious.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
GATC
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by GATC »

Just a little thing for Jay2Jay
Spoiler!
Sexual Orientation: Some people might ask why we inquired about sexual orientation when it often represents a very personally and politically sensitive topic. This is true, however, one of the prevailing reactions by people when they first hear about Bronies is to state “It must be a gay thing!” Not surprising to us, 70% of the Bronies described themselves as being heterosexual. Twelve percent identified themselves as bisexual, and only 2% as homosexual. Nine percent labeled themselves as Asexual or not interested in sex and 3% were unsure of their orientation. In general the population was very open in discussing their orientation as only 2% choose to not respond to this question.

Age: Most (53%) of our subjects were under the age of 20 with the next largest group (41%) being between 20 and 30 years old. The average age of our population was 21.33 with our oldest Brony being 57 years old. In fact there were only 9 subjects over the age of 40. Clearly the Bronies in our study represent a late teen and young adult population.

The rest of the study can be found here http://www.bronystudy.com/id9.html
The thing that make me laugh a little, is that, if I haven't tell you it was MLP related, you reaction toward the ship would have been totally different XD

Edit: BTW
not really homosexual or 5 year old girl-ish
Nor am I
XD
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

I did not mean for it to be rude or offensive. I was trying to make my opinion clear that I DID NOT think MLP was a gay or 5-year-old girl thing. I was simply stating that I have NO beef with bronies and NO stereotypes about it since I know a couple of bronies myself, and one of them is my girlfriend.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Kinda okay, I guess.
Utterly and unspeakably horrendous. Just not good at all. Okay, man, I don't know how I can say this more plainly than I already have. Putting such bold colours on Shiny sections looks just straight up bad, and layering the same colour above and below grey sections like that just makes it look like a total mess.

I really feel you should probably work on your shipbuilding more and try making some new things, but ultimately, Brony ships don't really interest me, so I probably won't comment further on your ships unless they improve drastically and I feel compelled to offer you compliments.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

*Jay2Jay shrugs "I like em'"
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

Jay2Jay, a girl cannot label herself a brony. All bronies are guys that like MLP. Don't bash me for this, but they do have the male prefix "bro" in their name.
I didn't do any research on this. Its a basic grammar logic assumption.

The colors are a little too bright for space combat vessels. They're fine for pony colors, but these aren't ponies. I recommend the color saturation be dropped 33%.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Your basic grammar assumption is wrong. Further MLP discussion in this thread unrelated to the ships themselves will be responded to with administrative action, because it's causing nothing but irritation.
Quality Control Enforcer
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

I think this particular ship has been recolored enough times. Maybe another one can be made?
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
GATC
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by GATC »

Ok, two different one.
The Kindness Class Medical Cruiser
The Fluttershy Eyes

The Laughter Class Diplomatic Cruiser
The Pinkie Pie Smile

In game:
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Point of interest...There are so many star-wars/trek/ad nauseum fandom ships because its a game about building space ships :roll:

The *twitch* Fluttershy eyes has a few interesting section placements but is largely a block. I would get rid of the outlined section to reveal the hammerhead shape already present. The wing, while not a bad idea in principle, is made of two sections which just don't fit together. This is where my issue with Shiny comes into play since the gradiants make it very difficult to combine sections sometimes. That said the pack seems to have been made in bunches, so some will match up better than others.
fluttershyeyes corrections.PNG
fluttershyeyes corrections.PNG (11.44 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
The *siezure continues* pinkeye pie has a similar problem. Try to stay away from large boxy fronts unless you are going with that style throughout the whole ships. It seems like you get a decent design, then keep adding.
pinkiepiesmile correction.PNG
pinkiepiesmile correction.PNG (8.74 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
*Jay2jay you are a very special kind of person and deserve everything you are about to receive.