Ma new shipsies

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Jay2Jay
BANNED

Ma new shipsies

Post by Jay2Jay »

YEah so I've been working on these new ships and I have finally decided to post it up along with some WFTU stuff (IF they ever let me back in [Arcalane still hasn't replied to my pm that I sent him a few days ago]).

Some of this stuff is just junk and some of it comes from the RandomAssShit folder so be very critical please.
Attachments
Last one's a small fat cargo ship that sucks ass real bad. don't even ask about balancing. ON the bright side it has an unhealthy amount of my first sprite (a thruster)
Last one's a small fat cargo ship that sucks ass real bad. don't even ask about balancing. ON the bright side it has an unhealthy amount of my first sprite (a thruster)
SMscreen019.png (40.41 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
Thsi light MIRV Turret is also unbalanced. It is very long range and I am trying to make it a saturation weapon but its not working out right not. Currently it rapes anything it sees with rabid and violent passion.
Thsi light MIRV Turret is also unbalanced. It is very long range and I am trying to make it a saturation weapon but its not working out right not. Currently it rapes anything it sees with rabid and violent passion.
SMscreen016.png (5.53 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
The Light GUn Turret is mounted with a large vulcan. It is currently weak as fuck but Im balancing it. It is really supposed to be an anti smallish ship weapon as the large ships simply rape it.
The Light GUn Turret is mounted with a large vulcan. It is currently weak as fuck but Im balancing it. It is really supposed to be an anti smallish ship weapon as the large ships simply rape it.
SMscreen017.png (3.27 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
The Light Beam Turret currently rapes all it sees. It fires constantly with ESTREMELY low damage. As such it is only dangerous in groups or when you just plain ignore it. It is very weak in the armor area so most ships one shot/volley kilsl it.  Oh and the Beam weapon is my own personal sprite I made.
The Light Beam Turret currently rapes all it sees. It fires constantly with ESTREMELY low damage. As such it is only dangerous in groups or when you just plain ignore it. It is very weak in the armor area so most ships one shot/volley kilsl it. Oh and the Beam weapon is my own personal sprite I made.
SMscreen013.png (3.77 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
Not balanced or polished yet. The Dom' Kass uses a single fusion beam Turret and two low damage high fire rate autocannons. It currently sucks because its not balaced at all yet but it should be slightly slower with thicker armor and such.
Not balanced or polished yet. The Dom' Kass uses a single fusion beam Turret and two low damage high fire rate autocannons. It currently sucks because its not balaced at all yet but it should be slightly slower with thicker armor and such.
SMscreen018.png (23.08 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
Type 3 Ra' Tuhem. Currently being balanced.<br /><br />It's basically a type 2 that traded two of its vulcans for a missile launcher. This missile launcher is high tracking, high accuracy, high clip size, high speed, and high range but low damage weapon. Anything this thing fires is Garaunteed to hit 99.9% of the time, but each only does a bit of damage, so its only useful to take down gunships, figs, and corvettes. (or at least anything small with weakish armor)
Type 3 Ra' Tuhem. Currently being balanced.

It's basically a type 2 that traded two of its vulcans for a missile launcher. This missile launcher is high tracking, high accuracy, high clip size, high speed, and high range but low damage weapon. Anything this thing fires is Garaunteed to hit 99.9% of the time, but each only does a bit of damage, so its only useful to take down gunships, figs, and corvettes. (or at least anything small with weakish armor)
SMscreen012.png (8.97 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
Type 2 Ra' Tuhem Gunship.<br /><br />Four Vulcans, faster speed/accel/turnrate, and better armor than the Type 1. Made specifically for lighter, faster targets. It punishes the C1 2v1 but get's its ass handed to it vs C3 4v1.
Type 2 Ra' Tuhem Gunship.

Four Vulcans, faster speed/accel/turnrate, and better armor than the Type 1. Made specifically for lighter, faster targets. It punishes the C1 2v1 but get's its ass handed to it vs C3 4v1.
SMscreen010.png (11.59 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
Type 1 Ra' Tuhem Gunship.<br /><br />Small, fast, little armor, and two huge ass missile launchers made specifically for larger ships. THis is the slowest of the Ra' Tuhem variants. It kick's the C3's ass so hard that you barely have time to blink before the battle is over 1v1. Yeah gunship vs Battleship gunship wins. But anything faster (Like the C1) simply dodges its innaccurate, slow, non guided missiles.
Type 1 Ra' Tuhem Gunship.

Small, fast, little armor, and two huge ass missile launchers made specifically for larger ships. THis is the slowest of the Ra' Tuhem variants. It kick's the C3's ass so hard that you barely have time to blink before the battle is over 1v1. Yeah gunship vs Battleship gunship wins. But anything faster (Like the C1) simply dodges its innaccurate, slow, non guided missiles.
SMscreen09.png (3.59 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
The Huge Hauler. Name says it all. I was thinking about using it as the basis for a carrier. The odd thing is, I started out making a space station and ended up with this thing.
The Huge Hauler. Name says it all. I was thinking about using it as the basis for a carrier. The odd thing is, I started out making a space station and ended up with this thing.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Ma new shipsies

Post by Anna »

Press "P" in the future to turn off parenting lines before taking screenshots.

Also don't use the thruster sprite you made. Just don't. It's really poor quality and does not mesh with shiny sections well at all.

The cargo ship looks nasty, the hauler is semi-decent but needs more detail, the Dom' Kass is just bad, and everything else is kind of average. One of the problems with your designs is that you use lots of really big sections, even on smaller ships. If you look at how other people in the WFTU do it, you'll see that smaller sections combined together can produce more detailed and interesting looking ships. Larger sections are almost only ever used to represent flat armoured plate areas on big ships.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

Hide the parenting lines by going into preview mode with F11. Take new screenshots without them, it'll detract from the ships less. Don't forget to press the HOME key to bring the zoom to normal before taking your screenshots. That will allow accurate size comparisons.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

crap forgot about the preview mode on most of these. Oh and Anna I know it is horrible, I have made a few more sprites that don't look as horrible though.
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

Oh and Im not don with the huge hauler been at that one for almost a week now
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Jay2Jay wrote:crap forgot about the preview mode on most of these. Oh and Anna I know it is horrible, I have made a few more sprites that don't look as horrible though.
Okay, okay, you know the thruster sprite is horrible. Riddle me this, then: Why the fuck are you still using it if you know it's bad!?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

Eh, on the cargo ship I was just seeing how it looked on a ship and on the Ra' Tuhem ships it is just a placeholder untill I improve it.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

First rule of placeholders and stopgaps: Approaching the design of something as a stopgap is asking for it to end up unchanged in the final product.
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

da fuq is a stopgap?
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Makeshift something you use if the real product is delayed but you need something to fill the role fast.
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

thank you (replaced because I just recently realized it sounded like a smartass comment and not a real thank you)
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

If you are concerned about your ship quality, go look in my thread early on. We all have to start somewhere. Just build ships using a few sections. You'll be amazed how many things you can do with 20 sections.

Also, stop insulting your own ships. It doesn't help you or anyone else. People are more inclined to help others when they aren't depressed on themselves. I think it will be helpful if you practice with basic sections. Such as stock SW. People will be more accepting if they at least see you practicing (even if it is with stock stuff).

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.

Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

Thanks Zalausai, I will take your advice to heart!
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

NEW SHIP! Not done yet, still editing for awesome. It will move and have glows/doodads. But right now all I can get it to do is have one arm go back and forth while its hand/claw thing turns around in a circle at 300 mph
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

Did you read the turret tutorial?
Also, you probably have the "borders" disabled.