another ship for being silently checking the forum

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

another ship for being silently checking the forum

Post by StarKnight12 »

Be sure though to have StarStruck's Fighterbay module or else a line of error will occur
It is very hard to think of a good starting point for making a ship without any knowledge of how to start off from making "the core" up to the front of the ship and the back of the ship (with engine of course)
Attachments
Custom Ships.rar
This is the rar file of the ship that I made
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
This is the ship, IDK if it is very cluttered or not a good section work<br />any critique or advice will shed a little light on me
This is the ship, IDK if it is very cluttered or not a good section work
any critique or advice will shed a little light on me
Last edited by StarKnight12 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: another ship for being silently checking the forum

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Well it certainly colourful. The green and orange work well together but the reds, not so much.
The shape isnt very inspiring (it's a glowing brick).
The section work is quite good but the guns look like they are hanging off the front.

But for someone who's quite new to ship building, it could be worse.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

@Necron, those are DST originals, they are naturally colored the green and orange.
@StarKnight, I don't feel like a ton of effort was put into this ship, and it looks like it was just made lazily. It's not absolutely horrendous, but there's not exactly anything to look at either.
naysayers will be shot
StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by StarKnight12 »

Doogie12 wrote:@StarKnight, I don't feel like a ton of effort was put into this ship, and it looks like it was just made lazily. It's not absolutely horrendous, but there's not exactly anything to look at either.
Well, that is the actual problem I'm currently having, cause I have no clue on how to start making a heavily designed ship
Necrontyr1998 wrote:Well it certainly colourful. The green and orange work well together but the reds, not so much.
The shape isnt very inspiring (it's a glowing brick).
The section work is quite good but the guns look like they are hanging off the front.

But for someone who's quite new to ship building, it could be worse.
um, did you read the title?
I said on the title "another ship for being silently checking the forum" that means I am not a new poster in this forum >.>

SS Mod Edit: Merge your goddamn posts. Multiposting is bad mmkay?
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

10 posts is pretty new compared to the majority of active people with at least 100 posts. Anyway irrelevant argument.

I've never used the full coloured sprites before doogie, only the blank ones. In that case disregard my comment about colour. The sprites you have chosen to build the ship have been executed poorly.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by StarKnight12 »

Necrontyr1998 wrote:10 posts is pretty new compared to the majority of active people with at least 100 posts. Anyway irrelevant argument.

I've never used the full coloured sprites before doogie, only the blank ones. In that case disregard my comment about colour. The sprites you have chosen to build the ship have been executed poorly.
yep, I know I can't even know where to begin with making a simple yet beautiful designed ship
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

To be honest, I think starting is the hardest part. Try a glowy circle core and then just go forward.
naysayers will be shot
StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by StarKnight12 »

Doogie12 wrote:To be honest, I think starting is the hardest part. Try a glowy circle core and then just go forward.
ok, I'll do that ^^