The Galactic Rim Republic(WFTU hopefully...)

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Jay2Jay
BANNED

The Galactic Rim Republic(WFTU hopefully...)

Post by Jay2Jay »

First off, I'd like to welcome myself to these forums. (Jay2Jay: "Hi I'm new!" Jay2Jay: "Welcome to the forums!")

Now that formalities are out of the way I'd like to show you the GALACTIC RIM REPUBLIC

They do not use deflectors, aegis, beamers (yet), or any other advanced tech. They are like WW2 ships, they use huge guns with large range and SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW reload times to tear each other apart from range, some missiles, and short range, fast-firing machine guns with large clip size and low accuracy. The only point defense they use is flak guns, so large and fast coverage with almost no accuracy. If you want to beat these ships load up on point defense so their BFG's won't hit (they don't shoot very often at ALL) and stay away form the machine guns so as not to overwhelm the point defense.

I have almost set up an encounter just to show you how powerful they are, and in order to send them into WFTU I am going to decrease the power of the weapons some and decrease the hp of some of the seections (the Battlecruiser Praetor has a 6000 hp front end) note: they have no nano matrix either so they don't repair, they last pretty ong until their outer layer of armor is gone, after that they are paper mache (at least against each other).

EDIT:

Origin
Spoiler!
In the year 12,405 B.C., the Ancients visited Earth (or at least a remnant) the humans in Egypt had first contact with them, and through the knowledge the Egyptians were given, they forged a mighty empire called Atlantis along with the Pangatic people of the island Upo. After awhile the ancients left, but one human Marcus Pitist stole a small cargo shuttle loaded with the ancients technology. For hundreds of year Marcus (now almost immortal along with most Atlantians due to the Ancients technology) ruled Atlantis (which was really a massive airship with hectares of forests and earth) with an iron fist in a velvet glove. Harsh punishment was given to criminals however, the council (yearly elected Atlantians) where the judges and jury. A powerful fleet was built, however even after all these years of accomplishment they could not figure out jump technology. The Ancients were still the only ones who could wield this technology so the most mankind could due was construct orbital stations, one of which was constructed on a rogue planetoid heading towards the Sol, (this planetoid would later become Mars). Then one day the Ancients returned. They were displeased with Marcus' theft and decided to wipe out mankind. Years of fighting ensued ending with an agreement between the ancients and Marcus. the Ancients would leave earth alone, if Marcus and his people destroyed all traces of their civilization and fled to the stars. Marcus quickly agreed and the Atlantians left, but not without leaving special clues for the rest of us to figure out where they went....

The Sytem Marcus and his people fled to, now known as the Republic, was named Dagon, after the Pagantic word Dracon meaning "New Life" or "New Power" (Life and power were often associated with each other). There marcus rebuilt his empire. Dagon was a harsh and barren world, full of deserts, mountains and jagged terrain, but Marcus was able to genetically modify many plants form earth to grow there. After years of progress in 234 P.E., (Post Exodus) Marcus died and the the Republic was born. After Marcus died there was much disagreeing on who was the rightful heir. In all his years Marcus was infertile leaving him with an avid sex life with his many wives, yet no children. All of his direct relatives had died and no one wanted to allow one of his wives to rule, then again no one stepped up so it was eventually decided that the council should rule. Over the years much has changed except for the council. Dagon was mined to its bare bones, many advancements where made then lost.

The galactic Rim Republic is brutal and aggressive, its philosophy is that "through brutality we gain victory, through victory we gain power, and through power we gain life" Strong metals like Osmium and Tungsten are valued for their strength while gold, silver, and other precious yet soft metals are ignored. They are the embodiment of the Rock philosophy and charge into battle with massive armor and wielding even more massive guns. To be the enemy of the Republic is to be the enemy of a god, if they don't win no one does, as they would rather die and destroy everything than to lose their power. They place little value on human life saying that if you are powerful you will not die no matter the opponent. the best comparison would be to take a Russian philosophy mashed with a Japanese one then put in some imperialism and some grit then you have something close to the Galactic Rim republic.
Attachments
Gladius Class Destroyer
Gladius Class Destroyer
Up Close Centurian
Up Close Centurian
Up Close Praetor
Up Close Praetor
Last edited by Jay2Jay on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Re: The Galactic Rim Republic(WFTU hopefully...)

Post by calvin1211 »

Well hello there. These aren't bad for newbie ships. The Centurion is the better one of the two, with better flow and shape than the Praetor. The side guns seem oversized though, and the colour on the armour might be too dark for my personal taste.
Also, if you're planning to go into WFTU, a coherent colour/design scheme is reccomended.
Couple general tips:
- I reccomend hiding the core dot (and the core) under another section, since that dot looks ugly
- Select a weapon and press w to activate weapon depthing
- Press home to set to default zoom for screenshots.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

If you want to beat these ships load up on point defense so their BFG's won't hit (they don't shoot very often at ALL) and stay away form the machine guns so as not to overwhelm the point defense.
For the purpose of balance/combat simulation, I believe most people are still using the meta1/meta2 builds of BS - or builds which incorporate balance features from those builds. This means that point defenses generally only shoot at missile weapons and will not even attempt to shoot at most ballistic weapons like cannons.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

what is this Metagame you speak of?
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

If you go to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7034
Download the stuff and put it in the correct places (as shown on the thread) you will have the most up to date version of bsf.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

AWESOMEIDIDN"TEVENKNOWABOUTTHISTHANKYOUVERYMUCHILOVEYOUMAN
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

Do you have any tips you would like to give me?
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

Jay2Jay wrote:Do you have any tips you would like to give me?
I have some tutorials on advanced features for new players in the shipmaker info and help area. Other than that and the manual by pressing F1, the only way to improve your ships is though practice and critiques.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

NEW SHIP!

I started playing around and I made this thing... Hoplite class... Battlecruiser? Cruiser? Frigate? whatever anyway here ya go! Oh yeah and these will be my colors for my GRR "BROWNIES FOR MY BROWNIE"- DeeDee, Medea-""Are you callin' me black?"
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

so excited I forgot the ships :oops:
Attachments
Hoplite.shp
(11.47 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

It would be nice if you provided preview screenshots wither the ship.
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

oh crap one sec
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

Sorry about that 4got about the screens
Attachments
Hoplite Close Up
Hoplite Close Up
Hoplite
Hoplite
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

You don't have to make another post, just edit the previous one with what you want. (Rule 15) That will keep the mods here happy. (A happy mod leaves their banhammer at home)

The ships are getting better. You can also edit the 1st post and put them all in one place for easy reference.
Also, we only really need the top screenshot. The zoomed out one isn't really necessary since we can't see it.
Try changing the background to one that will benefit your ships, like the green triangle one.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

How do I do these things and keep the mods happy?