The Cold War IN SPACE

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

The Cold War IN SPACE

Post by calvin1211 »

A.K.A Battleship Wars 2.0.
So I had a spare penisbrick battleship lying around in my random ships folder with the imaginative name of SOVIET UNION.sb4 after that Battleships War thing a year or so back, and decided to revamp it on a whim. Then SS released the fighterbay build, and said we needed more carriers.
-----

When they were first introduced, the USSR needed a method to counter the capabilities of the American Coral Sea and European Avalon supercarriers. While their heavy battleships were more than a match in direct combat, the range advantage available to carriers was undeniable, and Soviet tactical and strategic planners recognised the need to field their own carrier forces. As a stop-gap measure, Zvezda shipyards refitted a number of old Zhukov battleship hulls with fighter bays, producing the Kuznetsov. While her fighter and bomber complement is inferior to those fielded by Allied counterparts, the designers compensated with powerful heavy laser turrets and SSN-12 "Sandbox" long-range AShMs, a stark contrast to the American and European counterparts, which carried little more than their defensive PD turrets.. The eventual result was something that could be best described as a hybrid of battleship and carrier roles.
BFscreen04.png
-----
Still need to do fighters. I'm currently using CE's fighter sprites as a placeholder.
Attachments
Kuznetsov.rar
(42.68 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The Cold War IN SPACE

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

That thing is beastly! will you be building a whole fleet?
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

If I feel like it, then yes.
Miram
Commander
Commander

Post by Miram »

Epic ship in my opinion
I'm rare akuma you argument is invalid.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

It normally takes about a week, though that's because I work in short sessions and come back later to finish and edit stuff.
This took much shorter, but that was because it's a modification of an existing one.
Kendom
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kendom »

Awesome Ship :O good colors, just one question:

How much of your ship is dedicated to fighter storage?