War for the Universe: Test battle/showcase

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

War for the Universe: Test battle/showcase

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Well with all of these awesome ships being made for 'WFTU', I haven't seen any bullets flying. So I thought I should put together a little documented battle with the fleets that I have (a showcase if you will). Please note that this is not official. Also, not all of these ships are made by me; I take ownership of the 'Novian' fleet only. 'Mior', 'Ratai' and 'SAR' are owned by Doogie12, R0ni and calvin1211 (respectively).

Battle of 'Soluoka'

The 'Soluoka' system stands on the outskirts of the 'Mior' territory, a backwater by most standards but still fiercely protected under Mior's aegis. To the east, the jealous 'Novian' colonies stare back from across the border and to the west, the 'Daike' system. Ever curious of Mior's technology, Novian spy's have been sent to Daike to recover communication tech in hope of backward engineering it for their own ends. But they stumbled upon something important, blueprints for the coveted 'particle cannon' were said to be arriving at a factory complex in the Daike system within the next stellar week. It was an opportunity that the Novians couldn't afford to miss and put an invasion plan in motion. But the Mior were no fools, such an attempt was to be expected and had increased patrols in the Solouka system; putting themselves between the Novians and their prize. Nove managed to draft in some 'SAR' support for the task-force, promising riches in return and Mior called for 'Ratai' aid. The stage was set for 'The battle of Solouka'.
Fleet compositions
Notice: -Ship deployers are disabled for the battle because of lag problems-

Novian-SAR Taskforce

2x BB01 Malestrom Battleship
2x TD12 Atheist Battle-carrier
3x BC02 Monsoon command ship
2x TD11 Redemptor Battleship

Mior-Ratai Defencive cordon

2x MC Gargoyle class
2x White star Battle-carrier
3x MC Minaret class
2x Stormbringer Missile cruiser

Unto battle!

The Taskforce Enters the 'Solouka' system and is immediately issued warnings to return to the border. The ships ignore the hails and prime their weapons in expectation of battle.

A defensive cordon responds to the threat by assuming a defense formation. Its a waiting game as the fleets wait for the first move.

An eager 'Redemptor' breaks ranks with the taskforce and the stalemate shatters. Mior 'Minarets' race ahead to engage the 'Redemptors' and the battle begins in a rapture of missiles and particle blasts!

The ships separate, each of them fighting their own private battle. It's hard to determine who has the upper hand.

A 'Gargoyle' is caught up between a 'monsoon' and an 'Atheist'.

Another 'Monsoon' is surrounded and destroyed by the Ratai.

A 'Minaret' falls prey to the Novians.

Supporting Ratai attempt to chase out the remaining attackers....

But underestimate their superior firepower.

The Novians and SAR are victorious! But at a price, the majority of the task-force is destroyed and only two severely damaged ships survive. Backup will be needed to assault again.

Conclusion

The Novians have knocked down a wall to their goal but have bloodied their fists against it. Another invasion fleet will have to be assembled if they are to reach 'Daike'. Compensation has been paid for the loss of SAR ships to keep the alliance strong, as their help will be needed again. As for the Mior, a high alert signal has been sent across the sector and reinforcements arrive at Daike. It will be a while before the 'Solouka' system fully recovers.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Re: War for the Universe: Test battle/showcase

Post by R0ni »

( o .o)o Interesting battle. Quite heavy ships in engagement, especially for Ratai that relies on smaller craft. Shame fighters could not be added.

( >_O)/ I call this completely unprovoked attack, and while Ratai certainly do not care about territories or faction politics worth shit, destruction of two battlecarriers over such cause will not go unpunished.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

What I find strange is that the surviving 'monsoon' had only taken superficial damage and nothing critical. I think it was hiding while the main battle went on, only to engage at the end.

Unprovoked maybe, but such is the Novian lust for knowledge and tech!
(Remember that this is just a simulation/test).
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

To me that surviving ship looks like maelstorm, not Monsoon. (o. o )/
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Why did you pit gargoyles against maelstroms? The Gargoyle, while it's radius is bigger, is only about the same area as the Tempest. Mior's Maelstrom equivalent is the Arasaw, although it is quite OP.
Besides, Mior never uses "small" or "medium" fleets in engagements.
naysayers will be shot
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Yeah, that's definitely a Maelstrom.
Also, why are there so many Monsoons? They're not front-line combatants, they're rear-line support ships that just happen to be hard to kill (and really shouldn't need more than one in a fight, especially if Maelstroms are there as flagships). Their position in the fight would have been better filled by the proper heavy warships like the Typhoon/Cyclone or destroyer groups.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Look, I just wanted a big long lasting battle so I picked the largest ships. Calvin, sry for the confusion but malestrom and monsoon are your largest ships so that's what I used. And doogie, no novian ship is capable of killing the 'Arasaw' and I haven't tested it against SAR yet. This is just a showcase of a few 'WFTU' ships, nothing official. When there are proper battles it can be more accurate
Deus Est Mechanicus

CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

alright note for making carriers:
Make sure that the Deployers don't regenerate Energy and set the the Energy Consumption to one and the Capacity to 4 so that it only releases a squadron of 4 (i'm currently Tweaking My Carrier for it)
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

( o. o)/ Oh yeah. Never tought about it like dat. Shall tweak mah carriersamas too. Working on super carrier by teh way atm. I need ship that can match other faction's heaviest ships. White star is not that.