My ship

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

My ship

Post by StarKnight12 »

This is my Work any Critiques and advice is welcome :)
Attachments
Battle Cruiser.shp
and this is the ship file :3
(10.2 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Battle Cruiser.sb4
This is the file download
(11.77 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
This is the Battle Cruiser it has a fast repair system that is hard to destroy since it's a really fast repair on it's self
This is the Battle Cruiser it has a fast repair system that is hard to destroy since it's a really fast repair on it's self
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Re: My ship

Post by R0ni »

( o. O)/ Hai! Welcome to the forums.

Well, With stock parts it is hard to get into detail, but I see some depth in this ship. Counting with what spirites this ship has been built on, I would say it is rather good. Especially for your first post. Once you have experimented enough with stocks, I suggest testing custom spirites made by forum members. Thats where the real fun and epicness starts.
StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by StarKnight12 »

R0ni wrote:( o. O)/ Hai! Welcome to the forums.

Well, With stock parts it is hard to get into detail, but I see some depth in this ship. Counting with what spirites this ship has been built on, I would say it is rather good. Especially for your first post. Once you have experimented enough with stocks, I suggest testing custom spirites made by forum members. Thats where the real fun and epicness starts.
Tnx for the good comment, and I am already doing some shinnies section sprites but I can't extend the skeleton for my ship I need some more deeper depth explanation for how to make a good shinny ship in BSF cause I'm just stuck with my core of the skeletal of my ship >.>
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Hi, nice to see new members endevouring into the art of ship building!
I see your ship has some good section work depth wise but i must say, try not to use super-saturated colours too much. Try to dim them down.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by StarKnight12 »

Necrontyr1998 wrote:Hi, nice to see new members endevouring into the art of ship building!
I see your ship has some good section work depth wise but i must say, try not to use super-saturated colours too much. Try to dim them down.
thank you, but how can I fit the colors correctly?
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Ignore him. Saturated colors are fine with retro-styled sections. I would, however, work on sectionwork. Unfortunately, the only way to do this is practice, practice, and practice. Looking around to see what some of us have done is a good idea. If you're into retro sections, look back in the ship archives to see some cool stuff. I look forward to your future ventures.
naysayers will be shot
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Oh welcome Mr.StarKnight12 (Starts Blabbering Nonsense)
Shape and color is both nice, section work is bad, but i see a you got potential so keep it up!
Anyways hope you stay active and don't forget to help and revive this community.
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by StarKnight12 »

CryoSleep wrote:Oh welcome Mr.StarKnight12 (Starts Blabbering Nonsense)
Shape and color is both nice, section work is bad, but i see a you got potential so keep it up!
Anyways hope you stay active and don't forget to help and revive this community.
Tnx, and I will try to keep being active as I can.

Revamp
A Bulky ugly ship that has no sense of design a little help would be greatful
Attachments
Custom Ships.rar
(3.98 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
SMscreen01.png
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

i don't really know how to fix that lump of shit.....wait i think i can but i'll do that after our fashion show though
Creations
Coalition of Terra
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Your first ship's colour scheme was good I was merely warning you of using highly saturated colour's on ships such as your recent 'design'.
The almost neon blue just does not fit on those sprites :P

You can change the sidebars colour's by right clicking them and choosing the one you want.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Shut the fuck up Cryo, you can't complain about the forum being dead then have a pop at its newest member's efforts.

The ship is cluttered up with a load of sprites that don't mesh well together. The colours don't blend too well together, try desaturating them and using more shades of the colours to illustrate depth. Have a look around the forum, nick a few ideas/techniques from more experienced builders (Doogie, Calvin, SS and Anna, most notably) and see if that affects your building. Other than that, carry on doing what you're doing and you'll be good in no time.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by StarKnight12 »

CryoSleep wrote:i don't really know how to fix that lump of shit.....wait i think i can but i'll do that after our fashion show though
tnx, oh and if you gonna show and upload the ship's file (.sb4 and .shp) pls upload the custom sprite that you will add ok?

tnx in advance :)
Last edited by StarKnight12 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by StarKnight12 »

Deltaflyer wrote:Shut the fuck up Cryo, you can't complain about the forum being dead then have a pop at its newest member's efforts.

The ship is cluttered up with a load of sprites that don't mesh well together. The colours don't blend too well together, try desaturating them and using more shades of the colours to illustrate depth. Have a look around the forum, nick a few ideas/techniques from more experienced builders (Doogie, Calvin, SS and Anna, most notably) and see if that affects your building. Other than that, carry on doing what you're doing and you'll be good in no time.
pls, don't fight. it is true that the forum is almost dead like site because there aren't much active people here >.> unless someone that is popular in youtube had made a video of the game and the forum it will be more active than dead.

and thank you for your advice ^^
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

I have to admit i was wrong Delta and i was stressed due to family issues but now it's fixed and i was also dumped with a lot of misfortunes like getting into a fight but in the end we were both laughing at what we did anyway so i guess this is a sorry note.

Your pretty good with shape and color when it comes to smaller ships :D and yes like delta said take a look at the other vet's ships like Doogie's Seven Sins which is one of my favorites and the GGG Industries also which is Anna's Stickied topic and i'll show you one of my newer ships
Creations
Coalition of Terra
StarKnight12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by StarKnight12 »

CryoSleep wrote:I have to admit i was wrong Delta and i was stressed due to family issues but now it's fixed and i was also dumped with a lot of misfortunes like getting into a fight but in the end we were both laughing at what we did anyway so i guess this is a sorry note.

Your pretty good with shape and color when it comes to smaller ships :D and yes like delta said take a look at the other vet's ships like Doogie's Seven Sins which is one of my favorites and the GGG Industries also which is Anna's Stickied topic and i'll show you one of my newer ships
ok, I'll check doogie's seven sin ship and tnx ^^