The K.N.F.O Ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Yuzazi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The K.N.F.O Ships

Post by Yuzazi »

So, a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I made my first thread showing off my ships. To say the least, they were terribad and I sucked at SM. However, due to a recent spurt of creativity, I sat down and looked over images of other ships on here and in pics, games, etcetera and looked for things that I haven't thought of before (and taking the advice of using a "layered" look aswell). I feel as if I've improved and I must say, I'm proud of these ships.
Spoiler!
The Kralas were once a Nomadic people that traveled from system to system in search of materials or other valuable commodities to trade. But because of this, they had no permanent armies to defend themselves, leading to the Kralas being attacked very often. A warrior and political leader by the name of Torgo, a member the Thaxin Kralas, rose up, assimilating all passing Kralas into the Thaxin Kralas. After amassing over 5,700 bodies, Torgo established a city-state in the Myurk system on the arctic planet, Tyven. Torgo, knowing that without any trade agreements they would not last long on Tyven, assembled a small diplomatic force of 50 and went forward across the Galaxy in their vessels, speaking to every friendly race they came into contact with. With the skilled tongue of Torgo, the Thaxin Kralas had amassed more than 32 trade agreements. The Kralas mined the nearby systems, sending valuable minerals and other trade goods to the allied empires in return for weapons, food, fuel, and technology. 46 years passed without any hinderence under the leadership of Torgo. But one night during a celebration of their hardships they had overcome, Torgo was murdered by an organization of shadowy militants who then staged a coup to overthrow Torgo's government. Using the sadness of the Kralas, the dictator; Marij'n Tryga, turned the city-state into a powerful dictatorship bent of war.

Marij'n was a skilled military man and a master of deception. Using the trade agreements and friendly relations of the allied empires, Marij'n started a smuggling ring under the guise of classified technology. In reality, he was sending narcotics, gems, and even living beings to criminal rings in the other Empires in return for secrets and advanced weaponry. 30 years passed with the Thaxin Kralas amassing enough weapons to arm 10 armies without any suspicion. At the same time, Marij'n trained prominent males in the ways of war and fighting, creating the very first Kralas army that came to be known as The 1st Regiment.

When the Regiment contained over 700,000 elite soldiers from various nomadic Kralas factions, Marij'n systematically attacked the allied empires, using his new secrets against them for his advantage. One by one, the races fell to the Kralas with no end in sight.

As they neared their final goal of forming their first empire and defeating their last enemy, Marij'n was slain by the Reidalians. The Regiment, now scrambling for a suitable leader, began to crumble. As the Reidalian war machine seemed victorious, a Kralas general arose by the name of Jusk Rath. With his cunning tactical mind and use of specialized soldiers, Jusk dominated the Reidalians in a matter of months with sabotage, infiltration, and chemical warfare. The Reidalian chancellor approached Jusk with their Document of Unconditional Surrender, pleading for their lives. Jusk, in a manner of grace, ordered his fleet of ships to destroy all remaining Reidalian cities as the Chancellor looked on. In a fit of rage, the Reidalian assaulted Jusk, attempting to strike him down once and for all but was deceived by a hologram of the glorious Kralas. Rath laughed as he ordered the decoy ship to be detonated, locking the diplomacy room the Chancellor was in while the Kralas crew ran off in safety. In the blink of an eye, the ship's overloaded power supply vaporized the entire front and mid section, leaving nothing but a smoldering engine bay.

The Kralas celebrated over their new strength. Porceeding to name Jusk the all-time leader of the Kralas species. Rath ordered all Kralas to find a suitable planet to call home and to be the homeworld of the race. As all nomadic Kralas factions gathered together and went forth into the galaxy, Jusk wrote up a document titled "The Unifying Decree." With their new Imperial government, the Kralas formed Capital Soridia, their official homeworld.

Now, the Kralas live in a Imperial/Monarchy democracy. Knowing that they have the strength of millions and the weapons to count for it, the Kralas became a militaristic empire based on the theory of war.
I was thinking of making this for that War of the Universe thingy but I have no idea where I could get more info on that. Anyway, just basic information on their ships is below.

The Kralas Emperorship

A race of reptilians with slight mammalian features, the Emperorship employs the use of "Aggressive R&D", that is to say they salvage or capture enemy tech and engineer it for their own cause due to their lack of present-times tech. The K.N.F.O (Kralas Naval Fleet Operations) uses mobilized forces instead of stationary defenses. The Kralas are masters of ballistics and rotary weapons which is shown off on all of their super-heated, solid slug firing warvessels.

Warships

Ehvyhdno-class Warfighter

The Ehvyhdno (Pronounced Eh-Vid-No, Infantry in the Kralasian language) isn't exactly a fighter but more of a gunship. Fast moving and quite agile, the Ehvyhdno is equipped with two Pulse Cannons, each armed by a gunner and the forward-facing dorsal "KRAL-HELLBAT-6" Missile Launcher. While being fast, the Warfighter is incapable of holding it's own against larger capital ships as it does not have the necessary weapons or armoring for vessels such as Cruisers, Battleships, and the like.

Runhad-class Battlecraft

Known as "Hornet" in Kralasian, the Runhad-class is a somewhat better armed Ehvyhdno gunship. Sporting dual iconic KAC-4 Autocannons and two Heavy Rocket Launchers, the Runhad is capable of destroying patrol craft with ease. If played right, the Runhad can damage cruisers and frigates.

Jegehk-class Frigate

Known as the Viking, the Jegehk-class frigate is considered to be the forefront of any Kralasian fleet. Being fast and well armored for a ship it's size, the Jegehk is a general-use frigate. The Jegehk comes equipped with two MINMIS-87 MicroMissile systems, two anti-ballistic flak guns, one pulse cannon, and two, rear 100-caliber HMGs used for anti-fighter and rear defense purposes.

Jimdina-class Frigate

The Jimdina (Vulture) frigate is considered a "selective combat" warship. While not as fast as the Jegehk, the Jimdina is more geared towards frontal volleys with it's two KAC-8 Autocannons. For protection against small craft, the Jimdina carries two side-facing Anti-Fighter Beams. For point defense, two anti-ballistic flak guns take the dorsal area.

Tyjet-class Frigate

The Tyjet (Tiger) frigate is a rather ancient design that's found a small place amongst the new warhips in the KNFO. While being an easy target to blow the pieces from the side, the Ship Commanders of Tyjets have outfitted their nose sections with Anti-Ship Beam Cannons. Unfortunately, due to the size of the ship, the cannons can only face forward and fire in a very small arc. To make up for the beam cannon, Tyjets are equipped with two MINMIS-87's and two of the iconic KRAC-101 Rotary Cannons. For simple ballistic defense, the Tyjet is also equipped with a long-range flak cannon.

Ryssan-class Destroyer

The Ryssan (Hammer) Destroyer is a corporate-design by Caruvis Applications, an organization amongst the Emperorship that produces weapons more than ships. The Ryssan is essentially missileboat with it's dual MIRVMIS-2's and the two Heavy Rocket launchers, both at the frontal section. In the rear section of the ship are dual KAC-40's, a larger variant of the KAC-4's. The dorsal section contains two Anti-ballistic flak cannons. While the warship has a strange design, it's been found to be heavily armored. The side shields protect the powerful KAC-40's while the sunken MIRV and missile systems are nestled in their own little ports.

Zyjameh-class Cruiser

The backbone of all Kralas fleets, the Zyjameh (Javelin) cruiser is heavily armored for it's size and loaded for full ship-on-ship combat. Equipped with two KAC-40's and four Anti-ballistic flak guns, however it's true weapon is the X-KRAC-10. A variant of their famed rotary cannons, the X-KRAC unleashes an automatic 5-round magazine of super-heated, delayed fused solid slugs. Upon entering ships, the slugs detonate, sending shrapnel inside vital systems such as weapons systems, engines, or bridges. However, due to the X-KRAC's tendency to overheat, the cannon has a very long reload time which puts the cruiser in danger due to it's lack of other frontal weapons. Commanders have found that after firing the X-KRAC and then turning to the side to allow a KRAC-40 to take care of the rest has been deemed a good tactic to compensate for the reload times and weapons.

Yqasyh-class Assault Cruiser

Nicknamed the "Emperor's Might", the Yqasyh (Yik-Kas-Suh, Axeman) Assault Cruiser is for the Commander who wants to bust open several crates of "Fuck you!" in the direction of the Emperorship's enemies. The Yqasyh is a slow-moving, heavily armored warship designed to destroy ships of it's size in the quickest and most painful way as possible. Armed with a 180-degree KRAC-101 Rotary cannon, two Dual Anti-ship Beam Arrays, two Dual Anti-Fighter Beam Casters, two rear-facing KAC-4's, one KAC-40, and finally two, all-degree, long-range Flak Cannons, the Yqasyh is more-than-capable of being a threat on the space battlefield. However, the Yqasyh is designed to work in conjunction with Cruisers and Frigates for maximum effectiveness.

At some point, I might make a few more but this is what I have for now. Comments, advice, critique, etcetera are totally appreciated. If you want to give the ships a test, I will gladly throw up a link to them.
Last edited by Yuzazi on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Sesh for this!
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Re: The K.N.F.O Ships

Post by R0ni »

Well well. I certainly do not know how your first ships were but these are just fine. Im sure some other members of forum will give little moar brutal critique though.

All in all, good ships on first view.

+For once something else thant space triangles (of course such are okay)
+Colors are kk.
+Some ships have quite interesting and unique look.
+Tyjet deserves extra gredit. Nice.

-Lacking that little detail. Windows, lights, etc. Some ships also are overly simple.

( o. O)/ Dat is mah opinionsama.
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

They look nice. The red leads to suggest a sacrificial plating (ablative).

Improvable: the reds don't seem to match between different ships.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Another thing to note: Before taking screenshots, remember to set to default zoom by pressing Home.
Yuzazi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Yuzazi »

R0ni wrote:Well well. I certainly do not know how your first ships were but these are just fine. Im sure some other members of forum will give little moar brutal critique though.

---
+Tyjet deserves extra credit. Nice.

-Lacking that little detail. Windows, lights, etc. Some ships also are overly simple.
---
You don't want to see them, trust me. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, man. Although, I'm a bit confused on how the Tyjet gets "extra credit." Would you mind elaborating?

In regards to detail, that's a bad habit of myself. I usually forget to do little detail parts because I'm more concerned about the general combination of parts and shape.
Zalausai wrote:They look nice. The red leads to suggest a sacrificial plating (ablative).

Improvable: the reds don't seem to match between different ships.
I WAS going for a form of modular armoring. It works best on the Destroyer and the Zyjameh Cruiser. As for coloring, I just noticed that they were off. I'll definitely take some new screens later ( Especially since Calvin reminded me with default zoom. )
Thanks to Sesh for this!
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Hmm...... you did good about the section work but i don't know about the rest there is something in them that makes me not like them
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I think its the coloring: Bland monotone grey with areas of super-saturated red. try and meet the shades somewhere in the middle.
The 'Jimdina', isn't so bad color wise.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Hmm i think these are the problems
The color yes i mentioned it that saturated red isn't fit with darker sections
and your ships look like bricks to me except the tyjet but some of your ships are lacking detail and you might wan't to recolor the turrets while the zyjameh has a nice shape i see some repeated sections but it isn't bad but still the back feels like it supposed to be filled and not empty and are you using mirror? because some of your sections are off or maybe it's the sprites but then i guess the fleet's overall is 5/10
Creations
Coalition of Terra
Yuzazi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Yuzazi »

I will admit, I was having second thoughts on the color red (and wanted to use a maroon color like the Jimdina and Runhad). I'm considering using a dark blue on gray but I'll try that once I have a few more ships and get better screens of the vessels.

I am using mirror aswell and I can't see ay sprites off. All their coordinates are at their respective reciprocals unless the cores are off from (0, 0) which it should be because I don't touch the cores.

As for bricks, I don't see that unless the modular armor is the reason. I tried a mixture between traingular and rectangular but the former is more apparent than the latter.

I'm currently working on another ship and trying to put more details into it, so we'lls ee hwo that turns out.
Thanks to Sesh for this!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The fact that its red isn't the main issue, its the overly saturated red. Make it much less saturated and it will look better.
naysayers will be shot
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

I can agree with doogie.
Change the red to red orange wait was it brown red?
Creations
Coalition of Terra
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

why so serious :D
Creations
Coalition of Terra
Yuzazi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Yuzazi »

Holy hell, pardon all these typos in my posts. I suppose I should only type when I've fully woken up.

Anyway, I've re-colored a collection of the ships (I'll do some more later, too tired) with a darker shade of red, maroon you could say. I also attached a few blinkers, lines, etcetera to exterior bits aswell as making two new ships with different trim colors.

The Zyjameh

And the Yqasyh.

Along with the current ships are the two new ones in a different trim.

Lnicytan-class Heavy Assault Cruiser

The Crusader is a re-design of an ancient warship of the same name that simply could not prove it's worth in battle (or looks). Albeit slow with a fair turn speed, the Crusader-class HAC is given a heavy-plated, curved nose to deflect all rounds. The armor can be replaced with Reactive or Reflective but most commanders choose the reactive/modular element. The Crusader-class comes equipped with a dorsal KAC-1010, firing a magazine of slugs in as little as five seconds, four MINMIS-87's, two Consort-PPC's on the flanks, and an extra frontal KAC-4

Asbanun-class Fortress Cruiser

The heaviest of the Kralas Cruiser classes, the Emperor-class Fortress Cruiser (affectionately nicknamed the Teardrop Terror) is the heaviest, most armored, most dangerous warship in the Cruiser line. A corporate and governmental design, the Asbanun-class was given it's designation for the rulers of Soridian Gamma, the Kralasian homeworld. To account for the massive plating of armor and the excruciating speed, the Emperor-class is armed to the teeth with the best ballistics it can hold. The frontal, flank-side weapons are protected in small firing ports, allowing a protective element for each weapon. The Asbanun comes equipped with one dorsal KRAC-100 Heavy Rotary Cannon, six Bridge-located KAC-55's, two MIRVMIS-6's, two KAC-40's, two KRAC-101 Rotary cannons, two Consort-PPC's, two KAC-55's, and two, rear ATM-12's. The ship is most vulnerable from the rear and isn't seen as often as the others due to it's speed, cost, and overall kill-stealing.

The last two ships I tried to put a little more detail in the rear as I believe that's what CryoSleep told me to improve on. Any advice and such would be great for the current re-colors and these two new ones.
Thanks to Sesh for this!
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

You may want to Change the angle of the dual cannons to 75, it will help the design of the zyjameh
Creations
Coalition of Terra
Yuzazi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Yuzazi »

Like this? Honestly, I could probably fill in those blank spaces the cannons are on...

Thanks to Sesh for this!