The K.N.F.O Ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Re: The K.N.F.O Ships

Post by Zalausai »

It's your ship, your art, your choice.
Do what feels and looks right to you.
Although the shiny sections can do both, you are free to use something else if you feel it looks better that way. (Each ship is a vision after all)
The other users are here to help you accomplish and improve your visions, not hold you back.

D***, this should be my new signature.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Yea ignore Zalauai.
Shiny sections don't go well with SW sections. They do go well with DST or Prosectionax, which is what looks like you used.
There are, of course, exceptions. But being newer you should probably stick to the basic rule.
naysayers will be shot
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

I guess what I said could be taken out of context. Of course the basic flat sections won't work well together with the higher resolution sections (like shiny sections), but there are some sections that work reasonably well together.

It should be okay to mix any of the following together since they share similarities in gradients and colors.

Note: SW stands for ShipWright, a grayscale revision of a non-filled section. (Like the ones in the original ships)

Kae Shn (aka shiny): good for the basis of a ship inside and out
Fraxy: Good for smooth outer hull appearances (some pieces are specifically there to be used as turrets). Use care when combining with Shiny sections as their lower detail will stand out.
Horsemonster detailed weapons: A good selection of guns, goes well with both shiny and SW sections
Horsemonster Rocketbits: Good for exhausts on ships. Goes well with shiny and fraxy sections
Kae Mecha: A good choice for higher detail SW ships. Use sparingly when combining with shiny sections as they will stand out very much.
SS_Prosectionax: A good choice of high quality SW sections to add technological details to a ship. Use sparingly with shiny sections.
Tyrian_Weapons: A good choice of custom weapon sprites for that "alien" look
DDC Flares: These are the "glowing bits" that are found all around the forum. Usually used to identify engines, cores, energy sources, and sometimes team colors.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Yuzazi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Yuzazi »

Would this be better?

Honestly, I'd prefer the curves but if it's that much of a problem, I'll change it out.

Also, I made this awhile ago but I had second thoughts uploading it since I simply do not like it's appearance. Oh well.

Cyinyheda-class Light Support Carrier

Also called the Sauranite-class. It's currently missing alot of tidbits and such.
Thanks to Sesh for this!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

You absolutely nailed that first one.
naysayers will be shot