First Ship

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Fenex
Ensign
Ensign

First Ship

Post by Fenex »

Hello guys,
This is my first post containing(hopefully my first good ship)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
P.s is there much activity one these forms or im i late to the party and the games forgotten.
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Re: First Ship

Post by R0ni »

Welcome to the forums. No, game is not forgotten yet, but certainly we are few. Newbie myself too.
I don't have much to say about the ship - though you could use the editor's screenshot function - gives way more better look of what you have actually made. Now its pretty hard to tell - least from my miniture mini laptop screen.

( >____________O) - - - [Image]

Suggesting also that you switch to custom spirites soonish. Way more fun and better looking.

Edit: Start with these.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3035
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Cut down on the aegis, booster and horrible hypersaturated contrasting colourscheme. Also, I recommend you take screenshots within SM itself. Press Home to go to default zoom, F11 for preview mode, then F9 and drag a box for the screenshot.
Fenex
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fenex »

What do you mean by hypersaturated contrasting color scheme and how do i get and install custom sprites
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Generally speaking, I think he means that you shouldn't use really strong or bright colors, especially when they clash with each other. Start with greys, then add faction colors or highlights. This gets easier with the swa sprites compared to stock.

You download the sprite packs from the custom content section, unzip them using a free program like 7-zip, and drop the folders as labeled into your custom sprites folder in your Battleships Forever directory. Don't drop random sprites in random folders or rename them as this will cause problems. There are plenty of tutorials on this so try to find them but if you are still having trouble just ask again and we will help you.
Fenex
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fenex »

K thanks for the info and has someone made of fleet for old style ships
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

You can find such mostly from older posts in this forum. Some new members also might bring them here as their first ships to see daylight. Its mostly custom spirites these days however. There are lot of content to choose from really.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

For a more recent example of stock-style stuff, you can also look at this thread. There's some great examples of what you can do with stock sections there.
(And if you're wondering, BSF actually comes preinstalled with a lot more than just the 24 stock sections. Press ` or ~ and then 1,2,3 or 4 to change sprite group)