Deltabacon's grumpy new year.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Netharis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Deltabacon's grumpy new year.

Post by Netharis »

Mmm... That's a nice stock ship.

I think the back of the shiny ship's wings should be moved inwards a step or two. At the moment it's jutting out a bit.
Aside from that, did you perhaps mean for the glows on the rear wings to be blue as well?
(Also, I understand you may want to maintain a gap between the rear wing and the engines, but I personally think that it would look better with the gap closed.)
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I really like the stock ship, but the glows are a bit much. They overwhelm all the other detail for me and just seem too gawdy for what I would take as a stealth ship. I would either brake them into smaller glows or put some sort of cover over it, just my option though.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

So, I now work as an Outdoor Activity Instructor in North Wales, working quite often 12+ hours a day. No real time for any me time except on the infrequent occasions that I have days off. Here's the product of said days!

Image Eh, shoddy experimentation with mixing some doodads and animated stock stuff

ImageA Pirate Carrier/C3 ship for the DGW if that shindig's still ongoing. Unbalanced, will release a download if people want to test it.

Image A Gunship.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Hmm, interesting. And a welcome back!
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I love that carrier! And yes, DGW is still going, albeit slowly.
naysayers will be shot
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

The carrier's great, though the antannae on the sides look wierd pointing inwards like that.
For the stock ship though, that big glow seems out of place somehow.
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by delta-7 »

Deltaflyer wrote:Image

Yay for deflectors in exposed positions, plus hopefully a semblance of aesthetic appeal.

Fucking about with aegis'd stone sections (although you couldn't tell, I spammed them too much underneath the plates.)
the first one is good, the second one rides a thin line between looking like a gord with a orange raceing stripe and a slightly cool looking ship.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

A something. Not even sure, but it's definitely a something.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Deltaflyer wrote:Image

A something. Not even sure, but it's definitely a something.
Those runes look weird due to being near the edges of the sections, and the sections they're on could be a bit brighter, but aside from that, I like it. (Just hide the thruster)
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Post by Majicnanas »

^ What he said.
Add me on steam @majicnanas
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Rehash of a ship I made for 'Battleship Wars', forever and a day ago.
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Post by Majicnanas »

Bro, that's sick, I really wanna learn how to do that.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

^What are you saying? You are one of the best stock-styled users I've seen.
naysayers will be shot
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Post by Majicnanas »

Yes, but his just seems more, "finished." You know? It looks nice and pretty and has doodads and all the little details. :D (Great job by the way.)

I was originally questioning his "white-bordered sections," but I just realized he just placed another slightly larger section beneath them.

Yeah. : P
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Delta, in October you said you built that carrier thingy for DGW. It is still going. We are actually discussing starting it soon. I mean, it's been a year and DGW hasn't started yet, constantly in the sleepy waity stage. So, we are actually discussing how we can actually start it soon, what methods we can use to achieve that. We currently have just about enough active players, and it would be nice if you joined. Even though it seems asleep, there's enough currently active people now, and balancing is going very well.

Necron actually manadged to fix a decent portion of his ships, we have a new faction in rapid devlopment which looks pretty good ATM and will soon be ready, another one is probably gonna appear in DGW in a week or two, and Cryo fixed his faction completely. There is some PD nerfing left for Doogie and Necron and some small work on Novian ships, but there's really not a lot of work left to be done and we are soon good to go.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln