mah fist ships *im brazilian*

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

llleo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

mah fist ships *im brazilian*

Post by llleo »

hey!

im just a brazilian ship maker... i think my ships are good, but i want to know your opinion , i still don't understanding nothing here...

how can i add a photo? i just tryed one
a version of my RHB-04 without the weaponry
a version of my RHB-04 without the weaponry
with the weapons... i think it could be better...
with the weapons... i think it could be better...
what about my ships? my others are ridiculous high powered with thousands of weapons...
just like this one:
yes i need more ammo...
yes i need more ammo...
what about my ships? are they good?my english is bad?who killed the english?me?how many question can i brazilinan do in a single post?will you answer me?am i crazy???????
roses are red
smurfs are blue
and I'm mad
because my space-ship landed on the south
and i don't need to be crative cuz the led
turns TV cool
STARSTRUCK

Re: mah fist ships *im brazilian*

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Needs more weapons, I think.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Post by shamrocksoldier »

Holy weapon spam batman!
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

The shape of your ship and the use of sections are pretty nice for your first ships. Do put less weapons on, you can hardly even see the ship behind all those weapons.

Happy building!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Weapon placement should be purely aesthetic, as you can edit the values of weapons to reflect your heart's desire.
naysayers will be shot
llleo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by llleo »

STARSTRUCK wrote:Needs more weapons, I think.
I'd love to put lots and lots of weapons there >:D
Doogie12 wrote:Weapon placement should be purely aesthetic, as you can edit the values of weapons to reflect your heart's desire.
thx for the hint doogie12 and i think my RHB-4 (i call it RHB because Rhino Hammer Battleships don't looks cool, and 4 is because i edited this 4 times , so, it he edition 4 )
Anty wrote:The shape of your ship and the use of sections are pretty nice for your first ships. Do put less weapons on, you can hardly even see the ship behind all those weapons.

Happy building!
thx Anty, all my ships haves screenshots without the weapons, so you can see if the weapons placement could be better... thx for the opnion guy :D
shamrocksoldier wrote:Holy weapon spam batman!
idk how to answer this... really

thx for everything ill keep makin my ships... im thinking on make a shipyard in group... but it depends of the opinious the people have about my ships
Last edited by llleo on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roses are red
smurfs are blue
and I'm mad
turns TV cool
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

(o. o )/ Since you seem to love firepower, I suggest you make single torbedo battery that simply deals 1000 damage and has map wide plast radius. Should do the job. :3

( o. o)o Least that is how I would approach that kind of monster of a ship... shooting it from veeery far.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Keep in mind that if you can't figure out how to edit the weapons you want, or you simply like having a bunch of separate guns, you can hide at least part of them by pressing w, which will limit their visibility to the level of whatever section they are parented to, or by setting alpha to 0. You can also make those weapons look like any weapon you want by changing the custom sprite.

The overall shape is OK from a distance, just practice which sections you use and how they fit together. Covering them with weapons almost never looks good though, unless it is a huge ship or you use tiny weapon sprites to make the ship look huge.
llleo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by llleo »

R0ni wrote:(o. o )/ Since you seem to love firepower, I suggest you make single torbedo battery that simply deals 1000 damage and has map wide plast radius. Should do the job. :3

( o. o)o Least that is how I would approach that kind of monster of a ship... shooting it from veeery far.
I made it and i really don't like it... trying all ships I see to destroy mine one, but it never happens, one time my ship were with a single weapon and it destroyed everything with the nuke tac cannon
... weird
jwa8402 wrote:Keep in mind that if you can't figure out how to edit the weapons you want, or you simply like having a bunch of separate guns, you can hide at least part of them by pressing w, which will limit their visibility to the level of whatever section they are parented to, or by setting alpha to 0. You can also make those weapons look like any weapon you want by changing the custom sprite.

The overall shape is OK from a distance, just practice which sections you use and how they fit together. Covering them with weapons almost never looks good though, unless it is a huge ship or you use tiny weapon sprites to make the ship look huge.
nice hint ill use it and im going edit this post today and to make it, i don't like to change the values, if you change the sprite its ok but i really don't like when it happens, depending to the ship it looks ridiculous overpowered...

13/01
new ships yay!

im just trying to do a thrust design, I mean, to make it BETTER, heres one, my Thruster project 2c
im testinga a new thruster design, look at this just like a jet!
im testinga a new thruster design, look at this just like a jet!
and my thruster project 1b, I think this is better
SMscreen06.png
some screenshots now:
whhhhhiiiiiiiioooooonnnnnn get out of my back >:P
whhhhhiiiiiiiioooooonnnnnn get out of my back >:P
BFscreen04.PNG
BFscreen02.PNG
I will put the weapons ONLY if i get around 7 good opinions, if i have 15 ill put it for download :D
Attachments
BFscreen03.PNG
RHB-04.shp
(53.23 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
roses are red
smurfs are blue
and I'm mad
turns TV cool
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Not bad. You handle shapes quite well. Have you tried any new spirits yet? Thats where the real fun starts :3
llleo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by llleo »

im starting, hum,, from the start, i will wait a bit to do it,but ill make it soon :D
some of my ships have 92 view, so, why theres too much few posts???
roses are red
smurfs are blue
and I'm mad
turns TV cool
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Cause we have very few people here and not most reply. I also think it counts anonymous views - or guests, whom cannot post if they do not register... and I think it also counts reviews - meaning all your views, mine, and everyone else's views are recounted each time.

In truth there propably are like.. 15 individual views at tops.
llleo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by llleo »

looks good, how many user does this site have?
roses are red
smurfs are blue
and I'm mad
turns TV cool
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Not many. I'd say around a dozen active members at one time. 20 if you count lurkers.
You should arm those blue ships, they have a certain degree of skill.
That does not mean however, to completely cover the hull of them with guns. put no more than 4 on each.
naysayers will be shot
llleo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by llleo »

when i finish this, the work will be nice, if everyone wats to take a copy of my ships to edit them (or to battle with it) report me plz, Ill be arming my las 2 ships, and i will see whhat can i do with the RHB-04 (I don't know why im callin that ship of RHB-4, but when I edit it ill call it RHB-5)

14/01 I just promissed this (no I didnt) here is the armed ship, the white of the modules and of the weapons destroy the optical vision what you have about the ship, so i colored this, I DIDNT SHADED.

here is :D
SMscreen09.png
SMscreen07.png
i don't had any name ideas yet, the same thing to the class, who can give me a good name?
roses are red
smurfs are blue
and I'm mad
turns TV cool