The Sssuperguy Shipyards

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

sssuperguy1
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The Sssuperguy Shipyards

Post by sssuperguy1 »

True to the title, it's a shipyard.
Good? Bad?
Ahh, I love the smell of charred alien spaceship in the morning...
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Re: The Sssuperguy Shipyards

Post by shamrocksoldier »

Wow, This is pretty unique. I'm honestly not totally sure how I feel about it, but id say its pretty good for your first outing with custom sprites.
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
sssuperguy1
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by sssuperguy1 »

Well thanks, I think. Might add a couple of gun turrets later, but intill then those red flight markings will act as computer guided, rocket propelled double light sabers.
DerpCactusDerp
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DerpCactusDerp »

Looks quite nice. If I'd work harder getting all the SW sprites in the right place, I'd definitely download it for use. I have one question though: Do the little robotic arms move/rotate/do anything?
Now working on those nice needle beamers. Beware!
sssuperguy1
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by sssuperguy1 »

So far that's beyond my capability. For now. Everything I can do on shipmaker is from my own experimentation. Speaking of which, I am currently figuring out a way to make a cockpit (single sprite) have some translucent windows without making any custom sprites myself. Of course, that would be easier, but I don't feel like it right now. Anyways I took a sprite, gave it a 0.6 alpha value, and put 2 translucent, cyan colored sprites with the same basic shape that I needed under the first piece. Then below everything, I placed a copy of the origional sprite with an alpha value of 1. After all that it looks like this:
I also managed to delete most of the core but I can't get rid of that outlining circle. Any suggestions for any of this?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Well if you must do it that way, why use two sprites for the windows? Why not just use three of the sprite with the middle one as the window? Sprite count is an issue. Cutting apart sprites is really fun though, you should try it when you get time.
DerpCactusDerp
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DerpCactusDerp »

Well... jwa is right there. As for the core, try changing it to a core with no blue circle, for example the civillian core.
Now working on those nice needle beamers. Beware!