Gunmax - Anna's Random Ship Repository

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Gunmax - Anna's Random Ship Repository

Post by Anna »

Hello everyone. I made a thing. I'm going to make more things. Here's the first thing.

In Justice:
In Justice.zip
(38.2 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Motorcycle Detective Gunmax
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Gunmax

Post by Motorcycle Detective Gunmax »

Here's another thing I'm working on. I made a skeletal under-structure completely at random, then started building over it. It's kinda weird right now, and a work in progress. Posting because I'm going to bed and need to work tomorrow, so probably won't be able to continue work on it until then:

I can turn into a giant gun. Your argument is invalid.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

Those are pretty good things, good job on making them.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Post by shamrocksoldier »

these are wonderful for a newbie. Great job man!
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

The one on below especially. Very nice.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The blue overstructure could use a bit of work, as it currently seems haphazard right now. Simply changing the color of certain sections might do the trick.
You've really shone so far, keep up the good work.
naysayers will be shot
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I'm really not liking the overstructure at all and haven't been able to finish it to my satisfaction, so I'm rebuilding it. Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

I never said I was a newbie, though. I'll have something new to post later maybe.
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

So, I decided that what was the point of having an understructure if you're going to cover it up completely? And also the overstructure was bad. So I did something else.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

better but needs more depthing and section flow, some of the sections just don't look right, stick to the blockier sections, I think they look more functional which suits the overall look of the ship. Some doodads to break up that blue wouldn't go amiss either, all in all excellent work :)

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Preacher wrote:section flow
You literally don't know what that term means if you're using it to refer to this ship, which, by its very nature, is meant to lack "flow" because it's a junky, blocky thing. Not to mention that a newbie just wouldn't know what the hell you mean by that phrase. You used it without context or clarification and it was useless as a critique.

Will take some of your other advice into consideration, though. Will post updated version later, the image I posted is in no way the final product.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I'm not a fan of the new one, I'll be honest. The depthing between the shades of blue seems inconsistent to me, in that there is a few peculiar parts of the ship in which the colouring of higher pieces looks darker than lower ones. The grey understructure is somewhat displeasing in it's seemingly random construction, however I'm not a massive fan of understructures or ships constructed in this fashion with glaring understructures. On a positive note, I do like some of the section usage, and the use of repetition throughout the ship. In addition to this, it is a massive improvement over the ship's first incarnation.

The very first ship in the OP is stunning, just stunning. The balance between colour and monochromatic shades is brilliantly captured, and the windows serve to really make the ship look functional, whilst still retaining a pleasing aestethic of somewhat delicate yet deadly design. I particularly like (again) the use of repetition, which in this case reminds me heavily of some of Anna' ships. The section flow is really good given the contrast between large, empty 'over-armour' pieces and the small, intricate monochrome ones. This first ship, I have literally no criticisms with.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Deltaflyer wrote:The depthing between the shades of blue seems inconsistent to me, in that there is a few peculiar parts of the ship in which the colouring of higher pieces looks darker than lower ones.
Blame Kaelis. It's hardly my fault that his shiny sections are all varying shades grey and thus I need a palette of half a dozen shades of blue to be able to actually get colours to look properly depthed.
Deltaflyer wrote:The grey understructure is somewhat displeasing in it's seemingly random construction, however I'm not a massive fan of understructures or ships constructed in this fashion with glaring understructures.
The construction isn't really random. Each part in my head has some function or purpose. It's meant to look very junky and industrial, and I can understand why some people would be turned off by that.

As a whole, this ship I'm currently working on is experimental, to see if I can make certain things work. I'm happy with what I have so far (the version I'm working on at the moment has the depthing somewhat improved on and some sections that didn't fit switched out), but it's still not finished, and even when I have finished it, I can understand why some people may not be keen on it.
Deltaflyer wrote:I particularly like (again) the use of repetition, which in this case reminds me heavily of some of Anna' ships.
I cannot imagine why.
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Still not completely finished, but closer to it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

That is a lot better. The doodads really help break the overly grey center that you had previously. I'm getting the feeling that you're an old member.
naysayers will be shot
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Old? Man, that's harsh. My hair isn't going grey or anything. :(

Anyway, I guess I've finished the ship.

T.A.T.A.U.Q. - The Answer To An Unasked Question
TATAUQ.zip
(77.5 KiB) Downloaded 333 times