Gunmax - Anna's Random Ship Repository

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Gunmax

Post by Danny420Dale »

Hmm, I see you like putting targeting-laser 'eyes' on your ships too. Very nice!
Motorcycle Detective Gunmax
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Motorcycle Detective Gunmax »

Those aren't targeting lasers. Those are 'fucking shit up' lasers.
I can turn into a giant gun. Your argument is invalid.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Works for me. I use them to aim my primary weapons at targets offscreen.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I think by 'old', he meant an experienced builder...This newer ship is awesome. Actually reminds me more of Horsemonster's style than Anna, but the doodads and stuff help. I especially love it anytime lots of tiny windows are used since it gives scale to the ship. The 'In Justice' is actually my favorite, even though I like asymmetry.
Ya Shiny is tricky to build with sometimes since it's already shaded, but the end result is almost always worth it.
Motorcycle Detective Gunmax
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Motorcycle Detective Gunmax »

jwa8402 wrote:I think by 'old', he meant an experienced builder.
Yeah, I got that, I was joking. :lol:

Glad to see that people like what I've made so far, though. Encourages me to keep going.

I find it kinda funny that In Justice is peoples favourite, because I was really iffy about it when I made it. Seemed too bland. In the earlier stages of its construction it was pretty awful, and I just kept messing with it until I stopped hating it. At one stage it looked like this:

I can turn into a giant gun. Your argument is invalid.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Motorcycle Detective Gunmax wrote:
Preacher wrote:section flow
You literally don't know what that term means if you're using it to refer to this ship, which, by its very nature, is meant to lack "flow" because it's a junky, blocky thing. Not to mention that a newbie just wouldn't know what the hell you mean by that phrase. You used it without context or clarification and it was useless as a critique.

Will take some of your other advice into consideration, though. Will post updated version later, the image I posted is in no way the final product.
Even a blocky or junky ship has to have a sense of cohesion which is what I meant and which the new version (very impressive) seems to have. I understand that as a term it could be quite confusing but it is evident you have been lurking/shipbuilding for sometime and I was quite sure you would be able to understand what I wrote. Love the detailing on the new design it really makes this ship.

To be honest i quite like old in justice, not as much as current in justice, but its no where near as bad as your making out, it reminds me of a top down view of a Gundam

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Can't be bothered posting this under my pseudonym. Here's a thing I tried making. It's shit. I'm not going to bother with it further.

Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Anna

Re: Gunmax - Anna's Random Ship Repository

Post by Anna »

Here's another thing I'm making. It's a Work In Progress, but I think I need to stop here for the night and probably go to sleep, so share your thoughts or whatevs:

Made at STARSTRUCK's insistence because he wants someone to make a carrier, so I'll make the carrier-est carrier to have ever carriered.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Those arm bits are cool, kinda like a cut-away to see the glowy generator thingy bits. I'm not so sure about the middle though, it looks like the windows have just been tossed on there without thought.

But it's yet again another wonderful ship!
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Anna

Post by Anna »

It may look like those windows have been tossed on without thought, but let me assure you, you cannot get them looking as coherent and yet non-repetitive as that without thought put into their positioning.

The side bits aren't reactors. They're giant open fighter bays, btw.

Anyway, goin' to bed now.
Quality Control Enforcer
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I think you should change the color of the windows that are on the blue sections.
naysayers will be shot
Anna

Post by Anna »

Doogie12 wrote:I think you should change the color of the windows that are on the blue sections.
I tried changing it, but the different colours I attempted all seemed rather off, so I left them as-is.

And it's done, the Cerulean Blitz-class Carrier:

Lightly-armed, but heavily armoured and highly populated, the Cerulean Blitz-class Carrier relies almost entirely on fielding a large number of fighters to combat enemies, and it does so quite effectively, with Dirk-type Attack Fighters, fast and nimble, armed with splinter cannons; Anvil-type Bombers, carrying a payload of small but high-yield nuclear weapons, though lacking in maneuverability; and Scalpel-type Tactical Fighters, bearing precision laser weapons to carve holes in the hull of enemy vessels.
Cerulean Blitz.zip
(71.41 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Quality Control Enforcer
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

The window doodads on the front now resemble circuitry.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Anna

Post by Anna »

I've been working on something new. It's pretty close to finished, but I'm gonna stop messing with it for the moment, so here's a teaser:
Spoiler!
Quality Control Enforcer
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

( ⊙ ▂⊙) Now that is some alien ship! I love the shield like thingies and the overall exotic look of it, though there are some lacking areas too - mostly the wings. Counting in that this is non finished product, can't critique on that much. Even for non finished, it is better than any finished product of mine - or most ships here overall.

Still not beating Doogie though..