The War for the Universe - Miora Colonies

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Re: The War for the Universe - Miora Colonies

Post by R0ni »

I see. I managed to get some of the ships to work after opening them in editor and then saving again. Now there are just lot of question marked boxes, but all in all, ships seem quite intact. Your ships are quite damn brutal. Arasaw especially, that can fire further with its guns than my carrier can launch fighters from. It takes several of my best ships to beat that one, and I tought they were OP against SAR. :O

Though I suppose it is because my ships have very strong point defence weaponry and less offensive weapons. My ships can block much of incoming fire from SAR, but many of your ships fire with sort of weaponry that cannot be blocked it seems. RAWR!

Not to mention battlestation and platform. Those can hold small fleets of ships... as they propably were supposed to. It has been very enjoyable to watch those ships battle and blew up one after the other while trying to wear that battlestation down.

Actually, could I feature some of your ships in further Drawings Im going to make at some point of Ratai? Possibly Miora being first faction they encounter in this corner of galaxy?
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Particle weapons <3
Go for it. Just try to keep them accurate to my designs.
Also, remember that Mior's military only attacks with full on assault with fleets or not at all. When light attacks and raids are in play they will hire privateers.
naysayers will be shot
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Do they make any single craft patrols and border guard? Or how is that handled? How would Miora react to what seems much like invasion fleet appearing in system, explaining their presence with simple "just passing by"? Just thinking good first contact - or possible first engagement.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Mior (no "a") would avoid conflict, although they are not particularly friendly towards the GORE or the SAR. Miora thinking is geared towards putting the absolute top notch quality into anything they do, even at the expense of cost. A first contact situation would be handled well, although I envision that the factions at this point are quite well known to eachother.
Defensive tactics are basic common sense. Since the Miora Colonies are in a corner of the quadrant with limited entry to jump nodes, any entry into Miora space would be greated with an entire armada...usually with a deadly Arasaw staring them down. Long range surveillance networks keep a watch into both charted and wild space. Any passerby would be monitored heavily, especially if it is an entire invasion force. There are obviously going to be security patrol boats that can pack a punch as well, specifically the outdated Battlements model.
naysayers will be shot
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

My first attempt. Do these look like your ships at all? And I changed Ratai colors to white. Doing it to ships atm. Do you wish to guess what of your ships are in there, or shall I tell?

And I know this is not most likely going to happen, but I drew it just for fun. (^o^ )
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I'm guessing those are two Arasaws and a Minaret that can be discerned. Possible some Gargoyles in the background?
Surely, I'm impressed.
naysayers will be shot
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

All correct. Well, there are steeples too, coming towards, but detail on them is not that much. Are the side profiles alright or should something be different? I may dare to try some closer shots of your ships later. Still practicing though.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Just to let you guys know that I have an update to this coming. I've worked on several variants to most ships, a new destroyer, and a couple more civilians. Perhaps balancing those battle stations would be necessary.
naysayers will be shot
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Looking forward to see them! ( ^u^)
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

These aren't properly balanced or armed but I figured I will post them anyways.
Won't make it into the OP until they are.
MC Adornment
MC Adornment
MC Adornment.png (5.64 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
MC Flying Buttress
MC Flying Buttress
MC Flying Buttress.png (12.2 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
MC Minaret Di
MC Minaret Di
MC Minaret DI.png (22.53 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
MC Gargoyle Di
MC Gargoyle Di
Arpol
Arpol
Arpol.png (12.92 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
Arpol Cae
Arpol Cae
Arpol Cae.png (16.23 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
naysayers will be shot
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

wuuuuooh! ( o Oo). If I was a space ship I would....
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

More heavily armoured variants of the originals? These look amazing.
(MC ships are soo fat)
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I'm having a fair bit of trouble deciding the armament style of the Minaret and Gargoyle Di's. Anyone have an ideas?
naysayers will be shot
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

For the Gargoyle Di would be Particle Cannons and Missiles
The Minaret would have the some weapons of the Arasaw And Particle Cannons
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

well, the armor plating seems to take some space from weapons slots, but you could place the guns underneath the platings, so that only small extension of gun shows. for gargoyle perhaps two particle guns under each plate. Missiles are also easy to add into tight spots. The two top plates right on the middle also can hold some battery on top.

mineret is bit more difficult in my opinion. Least one particle could fit near the nose. You could also turn this ship into assault variant, giving it two powerful big guns under the wings on back. Maybe same guns used by arasaw?