Fight for the Lylat System

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Fight for the Lylat System

Post by shamrocksoldier »

I was in a nostalgic mood and decided to make this

The Arwing Class Star fighter from the starfox series.

Anyways, the more I thought about it, the better an Idea it seemed to make a thread and start making some Starfox based ships. there aren't many canonically designed Cap. ships in the series, but i'm going to try and find a way to style them to fit the general style of each military force. Currently working on the Cornerian military

The Cornerian Corvette was commissioned in the lylat wars as a counter to some of Andross' lighter combat vessels. it is effective at fighter screening as well as taking down smaller capital ships when working in packs.

Actual size of the Arwing in comparison to the Corvette

If you would like to try your hand at some Star fox fanships, more power to ya, i'd love to see 'em :)

Wiki resource to get familiar with some of the vehicles and different groups in the series http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Vehicles
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Fight for the Lylat System

Post by Delta_Com »

I approve of this :)
Best scene in a TV show ever:
"Problem with the transfer tube?"
"No, not really. It seems like every time I get into the tube, Mr. Garibaldi is there. It's like he knows."
"Talia, Mr. Garibaldi is many things, but he's not omniscient." [Garibaldi appears]
"I think I'll take the stairs."
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

The Modern Cornerian Destroyer serves as a mainstay to any combat fleet. Just under double the size of a Corvette, this ship sports nearly 3 times the firepower at the expense of maneuverability. Sporting 6 light laser cannons, 3 Double mounted lasers, and 2 Medium Laser batteries, this ship can go toe to toe with nearly any capital ship short of a Venomian Battlecruiser and hold its own.

On a side note, Why are all these spam bots coming around all of the sudden? This never used to happen, did it?

shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

The Cornerian Defense station is the ultimate planetary defensive weapon. sporting enough laser cannons to take out Complete Venomian Battlegroups, this station combines the best of a stationary laser Battery and a hanger defense.

Speaking of Venomian Battlegroups....

The Venomian frigate is a multipurpose light warship used by the armies of andross and the later Oikiny rebellions. Armed with multiple offensive laser batteries, this ship is nothing to be taken lightly...

i'm not really sure why i'm still uploading things seeing as everyone here has been dead for the last few days. maybe its to build self esteem, or to procrastinate college essays.

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I'm here, lurking. I mainly get on mobile now and I despise virtual keypads. But I'm here and I appreciate your work.
naysayers will be shot
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

I'm still here and lurking, just been busy recently.
I have to say, I very much like the capital ships here, even if I've never played Starfox. The shape and doodading is excellent. Arwing seems a bit simple, but that's acceptable since it's so small. Defense station is a bit wierd though, especially since it looks like two seperate parts (the outermost parts arn't connected to the center portion).
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The defense station is a land-based building if i'm correct.
naysayers will be shot
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Ah, explains a bit.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I love the Venomian frigate, its pretty awesome. All the ships are nifty though...I only really played original starfox...is that station the first boss that transforms and you have to blow pieces off of?
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Well actually Doogie, you're part right and part wrong. This station is space based, but I drew heavily on the modular designs of land bases in the games. I sort of Modeled very loosely off this http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Beltino_Orbital_Gate with elements of land based modularity

new_user
DICKBUTT

Post by new_user »

Looks nice, you made the sprites yourself?
DerpCactusDerp
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DerpCactusDerp »

These just look awesome. The station looks a bit funny, true, but maybe that is what superb firepower costs.
Doogie12 wrote:I despise virtual keypads.
Virtual keypads? I dislike those too. You just need to feel where your fingers are going when typing :P
Now working on those nice needle beamers. Beware!