The War for the Universe

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ZombieBane12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

The War for the Universe

Post by ZombieBane12 »

some of you haven't heard of me and no im not new i just became a hermit and hone my skills in LoL (League of Legends if some of you don't know) but heres the Terran Star Empire (if some of you are getting a familiar feeling of this ships its because it was inspired by laser wars enjoy :D) and i was actually thinking of other users can post their laser wars inspired ships here but no not unless until i say that everyone can

Terran Star Empire

History:The TSE were slow progressing technology but they were still be able to catch up with other factions their first spacefaring boat was the TSS Geneva.A Sword Class Destroyer. when they encountered unknown hostile their first fleet leaded by the TSS Geneva was battered and forced to retreat from the Auriga sector

Sword Class Destroyer
Statistics:
Hull:500
Speed:2.25
Turning:0.75
Acceleration:0.25
Armament:
1 Medium Ion Cannon
2 Light Ion Cannon
2 Light Assault Ions
History:The first spacefaring warship of the TSE. This ship became obsolete but it still has remained it's service because it is cheaper and easier to maintain than any other TSE ships in fact they are the most dominat ship population in the TSE for starting captains

Salvo Class Destroyer
Statistics:
Hull:300
Speed:2.25
Turning:0.75
Acceleration:0.30
Armament:
5x Medium Assault Ion
History:Since the first encounter the military requested the inventors to make fire support ships thus the ship came into service its assault ions have enough range to support close assault type destroyers it exchanges armor for more energy capacity for the guns to fire thats why it needs to be protected.

Halberd Class Battleship
Statistics:
Hull:1500
Speed:1
Turning:0.55
Acceleration:0.05
Armament:
5x Assault Ions
2x Double Barreled Heavy Ion Cannons
2x Anti-Fighter Ions
History:This wasn't actually a TSE design it was actually from a derelict ship that they salvaged and reverse engineered because of the continuous defeats from the still unidentified faction they replaced its weaponries with ions and thus this ship was brought into service. The first cruiser ever built and left the dry dock was the TSS Intervention since then the TSE gained more victories than defeats

Crossbow Class Battleship
Statistics:
Hull:1000
Speed:1.25
Turning:0.65
Acceleration:0.05
Armament:
4x Medium Assault Ions
2x Medium Interceptor Missiles
1x Double Barreled Heavy Cannon
History:Command realized that their destroyers can't even dent a fleeing battered battleship hulls that why inventors came up with a new battleship lighter than its brother halberd and with long range torpedos
Last edited by ZombieBane12 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To rule a country of a thousand chariots, there must be reverent attention to business, and sincerity; economy in expenditure, and love for men; and the employment of the people at the proper seasons. -Confucius
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: The War for the Universe

Post by Doogie12 »

Pretty... I may take part in this.
naysayers will be shot
ZombieBane12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ZombieBane12 »

alright since the forum needs more life then how about you guys post your factions in The War for the universe (wanted to post arcalane's GORE ships but i figured he get mad at me when i did :D)

in just one condition.
use the laser wars data for balancing of ships ill disregard factions if they are nerf
To rule a country of a thousand chariots, there must be reverent attention to business, and sincerity; economy in expenditure, and love for men; and the employment of the people at the proper seasons. -Confucius
Rookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rookie »

I might try my hand, but will take a while(different fleet in progress at the moment.)
Last edited by Rookie on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The courageus don't live forever,
Th cowardly don't live at all.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Could you put up specific ship stats? The laser wars download is old and broken.
naysayers will be shot
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

The googledocs link on page two of the thread still works.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
ZombieBane12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ZombieBane12 »

new ship posted up lets see how this baby works now that it has missiles
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Dunno what I'm doing yet.
SMscreen00.png
SMscreen00.png (14.25 KiB) Viewed 11584 times
naysayers will be shot
ZombieBane12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ZombieBane12 »

now thats one good ship :D so what will be the name of your faction?
Rookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rookie »

Sidenote: dibs on the color white.
Edit:how much variation/change (ie. Solar power/design/sprites) is allowed and what weopon/module/sheild rules are there, I have read the original laser wars thread but havent seen specific stats
Ed2:will add backstory/faction with ship(s). Decided to bump this up should have a ship up soon.
Last edited by Rookie on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
The courageus don't live forever,
Th cowardly don't live at all.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

My color is a yellow-ish gold. And I'm lazy to balance shipses.
Name is the Miora Colonies. The current ship you see was the base for the MC Minaret Class.
naysayers will be shot
ZombieBane12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ZombieBane12 »

can you call the leader an earl of oxford :D? a command cruiser eh? haven't made one yet but maybe i will if i have some time with me
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Mioran Colonies' ships.
MC Steeple Class
SMscreen05.png
SMscreen05.png (4.92 KiB) Viewed 11489 times
It has some guns

MC Minaret Class
SMscreen01.png
SMscreen01.png (18.97 KiB) Viewed 11489 times
It has more guns

MC Gargoyle Class
SMscreen02.png
It has most guns
naysayers will be shot
ZombieBane12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ZombieBane12 »

those are epic :D. oh yeah can anyone tell me who the fedayeen is and why did they need laporte in blueplanet?
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Fedayeen are the UEF's secret police guys. As to why they want Laporte, you'll have to wait for R2 to find out.
Anyway, I'm working on something for this, but it probably won't be finished until my exams do in a week or two.