Definity Alliance (*Update 9/13/12)

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

General Isaac
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Definity Alliance (*Update 9/13/12)

Post by General Isaac »

As a FYI, I'm bad at this game haha! I've been playing I remember from at least 2010 or so and very off and on, but I couldn't resist it anymore. Before you look at the Definity ships, you should look at my first rate ships before I did anything... the ones I kept anyway. I had a stupid group name for them, meh. Seranafu or something like that The first ship is somewhat a cruiser, I put my sister in it as hers, she likes the game too. The next two ships are more or less artillery ships. A flagship or home artillery ship, and what is -supposed- to be, a broadside cruiser. Don't worry, I know how to do A LOT of things now. So enjoy, have fun, and critique!

Old First Rates
Spoiler!
"Alex's Corvette"
I had no other name and she didn't care for a name, but it's more or less a regular cruiser with support functions but wants to be deadly and asshole-ish.

"Artillery Ship"
Designated to be my personal ship, being head of the group/faction. I did not know how to edit many... many things. The design I still think is better than my new ship in Definity, just the design, though. Originally designed to be long range broadside firing ship. Is broadside AI, has forward guns-only, was never edited.

"Seranafu Side Cruiser"
Same issue with the Artillery Ship. Was the groups "mainline" heavy cruiser, also a supporter, mainline as per environment, but mass produced, not so much in fleets.
*Provided version with majority of weapons removed for look of design

All in all, I think I made good bridges, and in some areas I excelled in, whereas in others I lacked so much it should be destroyed.

Definity Alliance

Definity Alliance is a faction/alliance created as an extremely defensive adversary to pirates, aggressive aliens, and other harsh beings which wish to harm others for their own gain. Definity is very defensive, where as they do not do very much offensive fighting. Their tactics are to tank. If you fight a brick wall that won't go down, it will eventually take you down even if it can't do very much damage to you. Case in point, if you fight something that has extreme toughness in which you can't down quick enough before it takes you out, it's a tough opponent. They have no bragging rights, nor want them. Their only purpose is to do what feels right, and protect anyone and anything where it is needed. Definity has somewhat of a homeworld, though the planet is extremely small, so they strive for more stations and shipyards.

Definity Mainline Docking Station and/or Shipyard
For refueling, restocking, building, and supporting ships, is not a home station, however was a prototype for the future home station which is still in design mode
- Equipment
2 Demeter Pod Launchers
2 Platform Deployers
4 Shield Generators
18 Standard Flak Guns
2 Improved Flak Guns
8 Repair Modules
2 Automated Laser Turrets (Gatling Blasters)
- Other
2 Large Ship Docking Stations
2 Fighter Docking Stations (Classed "Fighter" for any small ship, smaller than Difinity's Fighter, depending on size, should be able to hold at least 2-3 per docking)

Definity Standard Fighter
Much larger than any average fighter, but in some perspectives, it may appear to be weaker. It's defensive properties were increased from a small class to a medium class to give the pilot(s) more defense from fire (Pilots; it is optional to have 2 other people control its flak guns). It is a larger class so small shield generators were able to be fitted on its size. However, just like any other fighter, alone they get impaled to no end, but with a group, they are to be feared even by large Battleship classes
- Equipment
2 Standard Flak Guns
2 Standard Machine Guns (With improved range)
1 Standard Rocket Launcher (Load/clip increased, fire rate slowed)
2 Minor Shield Generators
1 Improved Thruster
- Other
2 Optional piloting seats for individual anti-material control

Definity Flagship
Commanded by the leader of Definity at the current time
This ship boasts in excessive health to its body but its weapons are not the same. One broadside firing as proven to destroy anything even the size of a Hestia, without having its guns improved in any sort of way. The Definity Flagship focuses on being a wall of almost impenetrable defense for its other crafts to have a chance to survive, support, or even retreat, she has always been taken into the worst situations to save others, risking its own. It has solo taken on 4 (level 19) alien ships, not mentioning midway of the battle she had to turn for her other broadside, and the fact when the battle was over she had to retreat home to be in the shipyard for weeks due to her guns being lost. Also taken on a Nagaya (3) ship, not having any trouble. Aside from that, has also withstood around 300 asteroids, being able to destroy most and take the rest right to its hull, roughly damaged, but still ready to fight.
- Equipment
4 Heavily Improved Anti-Material (Flak) Turrets
24 Standard Anti-Material Particle Turrets
16 Standard Broadside Auto-Cannons
2 Standard Rear Auto-Cannons
2 Forward Sabot Cannon Batteries
2 Standard Rear Machine Guns
1 Slightly Improved Forward Artillery Cannon
1 Standard Rear Twin Rail Guns
2 Improved Thrusters
2 Standard Thrusters
- Other
Able to dock with small craft and Definity Fighters, can not repair. (2 Definity Fighters, 4 other)
Self-Sustaining Power Systems
Double-Layered Armor
*Note: There is only one class of this ship that exists

Definity Mainline Support/Science/Medical Cruiser
*Note: Science/Support Cruiser Designs are exactly identical, aside from internal components, Medical Cruisers are still in design mode
The Definity Support Cruisers are merely competition for their own Definity Fighters, but they are strong. They can, if needed, hold out a battle against large opponents when waiting for reinforcements, but unfortunately they can not hold their own against (Level 19) alien ships. They are perfect for support roles with the weapons they provide
- Equipment
*Note: These things can differ depending on the model, the majority have these specs, however.
7 Auto-Flak Turrets
2 Controllable Flak Turrets
2 Beam Arrays
1 EMP Cannon
6 Modified Thrusters
2 Automated Blaster Batteries
2 Standard Shield Generators
- Other
Improved Power Holds (Does not lose power easily)
Improved Power Generators (Produces power and at large amounts)
Minor Munitions Factory (Creates EMP torpedoes)

"Other" is for lore purposes
Last edited by General Isaac on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Definity Alliance

Post by Rookie »

I don't know if newbies are supposed to comment?
But here goes...
Ok first some of them seem overcrowded expecially all those nano matrixs
Second they don't have very good design, as in the shipyard(which seems thrown together) and the two rectangle shaped ships, they just seem to lack creativity. And just in case you didn't know their are these things called custum sprites you might look into them. Summary: work on your designs, and weapon placement.

If I did or said something noobish correct me,please
The courageus don't live forever,
Th cowardly don't live at all.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

^Nah you kinda nailed it.
Although there are some redeeming features, your ships are quite cluttered. There are also some spindly bits.
Custom sprites are a choice, but they usually do make ships look better.
naysayers will be shot
General Isaac
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by General Isaac »

Doogie12 wrote:^Nah you kinda nailed it.
Although there are some redeeming features, your ships are quite cluttered. There are also some spindly bits.
Custom sprites are a choice, but they usually do make ships look better.
In another topic, I've been trying to sort this all out. But, why is there an issue with stock? I love the looks and things I can make with them. The clutterness is on purpose on the Station. The Demeter Launchers represent self defense drone launch pads launching from the fighter docks. Matrixes represent docking magnets. I know it seems a bit weird, but I do dock down most stats when things get cluttered. But I suppose in all things the designs have become worse since my first creations?
Rookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rookie »

Im not saying you can't use stock sprites, I like some of them to, just checking if new about the custum ones.
and not all the ships are bad, I like the last one its a pretty decent ship (the one you made for your sister is too)

PS: If you like stock ships in the 5 beauty pageant there's a ship called: rks sakui, or something like that, its pretty sweet :wink:
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I hate posting from a tablet.
Basically, you're off to a very good start. The fighter is probably the best thing you have there. If you go with stock, I recommend you lurk more and just keep building. That's how all of us got better.
If you are going the stock route, theres not much to see other than this here. viewtopic.php?p=113278#p113278
If you do get your sprites and such worked out, check out posts by Starstruck, Anna, jwa8402, Deltaflyer, Chiiro, and Myself.
naysayers will be shot
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

As the other guys said, stock sprites are okay, clutter isn't, and spindly bits look really bad and used to get people yelled at here, lol. Look for an Amaterasu ship by some IBurn guy for bad design and How Not to Do It.
General Isaac
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by General Isaac »

Danny420Dale wrote:As the other guys said, stock sprites are okay, clutter isn't, and spindly bits look really bad and used to get people yelled at here, lol. Look for an Amaterasu ship by some IBurn guy for bad design and How Not to Do It.

I actually know IBurn, his ships aren't bad. Personally the clutter, which I can't really see, could possibly be my weapons? I have my ships set up to represent different "levels." None are flat, or even close to that. In fact, on the science vessel, the Cannon is placed on a higher point than the bridge, near the level of the side engines.

EDIT
General Isaac wrote:
calvin1211 wrote:If you''re using the .ini route, you need to use the 'import custom sprite .ini' It should be under the tools menu alongside group arrange.
For group arrange, you have to drag the sprites into the group arrange screen (from an explorer window).

Welp. I reached a new stupidity level. This did it. Custom sprites, HERE I COME!
General Isaac
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by General Isaac »

Okay so looking at the ships around the place, are you all saying I need moar sprites on my ships? That is very iffy, putting more sprites creates more things to hit before being destroyed. I already have health being boosted/lowered. I don't see why unclumped sprites makes it look bad.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

You can put hundreds of sprites on a Ship and have it avoid clutter. Really it just takes some knowledge of sectionwork. As for elevation, make it obvious that there are layers to the ship. Usually by having higher sections colored a lighter shade. Look around at the ships made to get an idea of this.
naysayers will be shot
General Isaac
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by General Isaac »

There's a funky thing going on with my computer, not the game. I had improved the support cruiser, making a Medical and Science edition, but now the files don't exist. I am going to start on a carrier, I might work on the Flagship after. Any suggestions for those classes are greatly appreciated.
General Isaac
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by General Isaac »

Definity Carrier

I know, engines are wtf moment, but if it wants to move, it needs some. It's designed to be a bulk factory, though it is still slow. This is the main finish, but I plan to edit, and the Deployers have not been created yet

*Note: Game was zoomed to show information. Schematics not uploaded yet, it's 1am, and I have classes today D:
*Edit: The dual cannons are actually dual cannons that are not cannons, but in relation to blaster cannons as a representation of scifi movies and such. i.e. much weaker, but faster fire rate and larger clip.
Rookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Definity Alliance (*Update 9/13/12)

Post by Rookie »

Nice shape exept the prong things on front don't seem to fit, as well as the swirly/wavy pieces.
The shading looks funny, but im horrible at that myself.
General Isaac
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by General Isaac »

The "Prongs" were actually created for protection of the hangars against forward bombardment. The hangars on the sides are slightly jutted out because the small factory inside takes so much room, the hangar is some what smaller.
There are a few things in different shade which are supposed to be that way, such as the deflector arrays in the back, the hangars are differently shaded because I'm taking into mind there needs to be a type of forcefield like in star wars and such. The things in the back are engine casings. I will get an updated photo to show what the hangars are.

Edit:

I'm going to have a bit of trouble getting the ship deployers in there, I haven't attempted it yet. You can change the sprite correct? It probably won't be that troublesome then. It's not going to have fighters though, somewhat like big drones.
Rookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rookie »

Yes you can change the sprite.
About the prongs, I know their for protection,but they still look funny,
The engine.casings would look better with a different design in my opinion.
And the front window(?) looks slightly wrong.
But Ilike it, and hope to see a download link when your finished.