It's been a while...

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Pyrophage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

It's been a while...

Post by Pyrophage »

So, I finally got around to installing BSF on my new computer (actually, a flash drive so I won't have to deal with re-importing my sections again). Anyway, here are my efforts as a shipwright as of late.

This first one is shaded in gray-scale (I'll actually color it later), and was my experiment with an interesting outline I'd sketched out earlier. Unfortunately, I wasn't satisfied with a few points and in trying to correct those, I ended up changing the outline a bit. I'm actually happy with the direction that it's evolved, but one stubborn point still bothers me, the joint between the central section and the "gills" to the rear. Any suggestions?

This one is the unshaded, and overall it stayed much closer to the idea I had when I began. I'm pretty happy with how it looks but I've noticed a few awkward transitions. Any ideas on how to smooth it out a bit would be welcome. Also, feel free to make me look bad by playing around with the ship maker file I included.

BTW, any chance of another chainship?
Attachments
Memnon 2.sb4
Memnon Class. (It's the bottom one, btw.)
(5.37 KiB) Downloaded 831 times