Miniship fleets+ Encounters

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Miniship fleets+ Encounters

Post by shamrocksoldier »

Alright, so after my UNGW thread became somewhat derelict, and I got bored with the Halo fanships, AND I got sick of my story board for UNGW, I decided to do something New (ish). I figured stick with something I'm good at, and thus the mini-ship fleets were created.
These will be experiments in Coloring, Weapons I'm not very familiar with, and AI functionality. Each fleet will have several ships, But each fleet will have a different Main weapon type, and something that separates them from the others in terms of ship statistics.

UTSC
FFG class Frigate
Armament: 1 Main chemical burn swivel mounted Auto cannon.
Drive: 1 Shechtman class L-traversal drive, 2 Light in system auxiliary engines (Accel: .1, Speed 4.2, turning 3)
Armor plating: Treated Titanium Battle Plating. Between 1 and 3 feet thick across hull. (90 HP)
Size: 210 meters long, about 80 meters wide (In game 21.0)

DCS Class Destroyer
Armament: 2 Main chemical burn swivel mounted Auto cannons.
Drive: 1 Shechtman class L-traversal drive, 2 Medium in system auxiliary engines (Accel:.08, Speed 3.9, turning 2.5)
Armor plating: Treated Titanium Battle Plating. Between 3 and 4 feet thick across hull. (120 HP)
Size: 260 meters long, about 120 meters wide (In game 26.0)

CSS Class Cruiser
Armament: 4 Main chemical burn swivel mounted Auto cannons, 4 light Autocannons
Drive: 1 Heavy Shectman Class drive, 2 Heavy in system engines ( Accel: .08, Speed 2.9, Turning 2)
Armor plating: Treated Titanium Battle Plating. Between 3 and 6 feet thick across hull. (170 HP)
Size: 470 meters long, about 170 meters wide (In game 47.0)

SCS Class Super cruiser
Armament:4 Main chemical burn swivel mounted Auto cannons, 1 fast traverse mounted Heavy auto cannon battery, 2 Fast traverse mounted main auto cannon batteries.
Drive: 1 Refit Heavy Shectman Class drive, 2 Heavy in system engines ( Accel: .08, Speed 2.5, Turning 1.7)
Armor plating: Treated Titanium Battle Plating. Between 4 and 6 feet thick across hull. (250 HP)
Size: 550 meters long, about 200 meters wide (In game 55.0)

I guess that's about it. C&C appreciated.
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Re: Miniship fleets+ Encounters

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Another blue fleet, huzzah!

The first three ships, are good, but lack any sort of defining detail, they're quite generic and not too interesting to look at. The supercruiser is a very different story, it has an interesting shape, flows nicely and the split prow at the front looks rather awesome.

Overall good, but the little ones are a little boring.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Alrighty, I think the lack of detail can be attributed to the small-ness of the really smaller ones. I'm a bit upset as the antenna on the front of the cruiser is black, and due to the background, it is impossible to see them. thanks for the Comment Kitten.

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

It's hard to really do much at such a small scale but they do like perfectly fine. As kp said the supercruiser is great though, nice design and really brings the fleet together. That aside, these'd be great for encounters because you could manage such a huge scale with them and if they're well balanced in terms of quantity of bullets it'd look really epic.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

New update, new fleet, no encounters yet.
these will be the main "bad guys" to the UTSC

Thanist dynasty

Thanist Frigate
Armament: 1 main plasma battery
Drive: 1 main trans-light engine, 2 auxiliary advanced light drives ( Accel: .08, Speed 4, Turning 2.6)
Armor plating: Treated Titanium Battle Plating. Between 2 and 3 feet thick across hull. (110 HP)
Shielding: Medium energy shielding array.
Size: 300 meters long, about 150 meters wide (In game 30.0)

Thanist Destroyer
Armament: 2 main plasma batteries
Drive: 2 main trans-light engine/ partial in system drive ( Accel: .08, Speed 3.5, Turning 2.2)
Armor plating: Treated Titanium Battle Plating. Between 2 and 3 feet thick across hull. (150 HP)
Shielding: Medium battle energy shielding array.
Size: 460 meters long, about 200 meters wide (In game 460.0)

Thanist Cruiser
Armament: 1 Heavy plasma battery, 2 main plasma batteries
Drive: 2 main trans-light engine/ partial in system drive ( Accel: .06, Speed 3, Turning 1.7)
Armor plating: Treated Titanium Battle Plating. Between 2 and 5feet thick across hull. (210 HP)
Shielding: Heavy battle energy shielding array.
Size: 500 meters long, about 200 meters wide (In game 500.0)

Totally not influenced by anything at all. Nothing. I don't play to much Halo....

C&C appreciated

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

You should probably give the frigate a bulbous nose too, it'd make it fit in more and look more interesting. Other than that I'm not 100% sure whether I like or dislike these to be honest though the cruiser's obviously the best.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

They're pretty far removed from my usual style, they're really interesting in game because the UTSC just swarm them, but the plasma rips them to shreds(they're VERY over powered)

I'll try cleaning them up. maybe work on some encounters now....

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

If you make them I'll play em, especially if they have a huge number of ships to exploit the small number of sections in each ship :D And yeah, it's always cool to see how two different fleets interact, even more so when they're balanced in different ways.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

those latest are pretty neat, though I like all of them. You've really done well with this scale! I will definitely play with them if you put up a download.
ZombieBane12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ZombieBane12 »

these looks nice may i have the permission to put them into starfarer? with your credit of course when i decide to sign up into starfarer :D
To rule a country of a thousand chariots, there must be reverent attention to business, and sincerity; economy in expenditure, and love for men; and the employment of the people at the proper seasons. -Confucius
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

I think they may be a bit too small for Starfarer.

That bit aside, as the others have said, they're real nice. I haven't made stuff on this scale before, even with the new mini sections, so kudos to you for pulling it off.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback!! my comp was away for maintenance for the last 2 weeks so I havent been able to use SM. new encounters and ships for each faction will be up by the end of tomorrow I think. and what the hell is starfarer? lol

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Kinda looks like BSF...if it had a plot, and mod support, factions, skill points, and comprehensive maps...But still pretty close.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

wow, looks interesting. I'll check it out

Edit: reminds me a lot of BSF and GSB to be honest. If I had money, I'd get it I think. how many people here play?

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Looks like its still in early development so its like $10 to buy it now, I think I may. I need to go back and see if they ever plan to do multiplayer though...