Coronata_Titan's ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Coronata_Titan
One-Ban Limit

Coronata_Titan's ships

Post by Coronata_Titan »

Hello.

I'm new to shipbuilder and so decided to make a few ships. This is one of them:

Archangel'sk SuperDreadnought
SMscreen00.png
Sorry for the file attachment, if someone could point out to me a good photo-hosting site that would be great.

Also, I'm not very good with coloring, so the ship is currently the bland green every ship is.

I'll be posting any ships I make here for criticism and comment.
I thank Arcalane's ever gracious-ness.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Coronata_Titan's ships

Post by jwa8402 »

Decent start for a shape, but I would eliminate the aegis and start using smaller and newer sections to fill in and replace the stock sections. Welcome!
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Imgur.com is a good host. Also, build about a dozen moar ships so you can get decent with Shipmaker.
Coronata_Titan
One-Ban Limit

Post by Coronata_Titan »

oh, btw, I have Imperator Pavel I's ships. He told me to ask why he got banned.

I modified the design of the Archangel.

This is what it looks like now.
SMscreen01.png
I have to find the new sections.

Before I build another ship, I'm going to finish this one. Getting advice and criticism on this one would help with my next ship.
se7en
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by se7en »

One word in comment on your latest ship: PARENTING
Coronata_Titan
One-Ban Limit

Post by Coronata_Titan »

I know I need to work on parenting. My draft designs usually parent to the core.

Edit: I'll work on peranting.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Work on your spelling as well my dear. As for the ship, may I ask why you aren't using the new shiny sections?
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Coronata_Titan wrote:I have Imperator Pavel I's ships.
Nuclear launch detected.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Coronata_Titan wrote:oh, btw, I have Imperator Pavel I's ships. He told me to ask why he got banned.
1) His ships are shit. Do not use them as a guide, ever.

2) He was temporarily banned for accumulating three warnings. He then showed an astounding lack of intelligence by signing up for another account before the ban had expired, which is called bandodging and will generally make things 100x worse than sitting your ban out.

Speaking of which, don't bandodge pretending you're someone else and post godawful ships, imperatorpavel at hotmail dot com!

Bye bye. :|

I'm feeling generous today, since you don't seem to be as much of a flaming moron as you used to be. Apart from the ship designs. Those are terrible.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I'm about to overload my aggression inhibitors!
I don't mind stock sections, and I don't care what order you parent and color your ships in, but if you can't be bothered to press P before taking a screenshot then don't expect any positive feedback. I mean damn man, put at least a bit of effort into what you post.
Coronata_Titan
One-Ban Limit

Post by Coronata_Titan »

@ jwa8402

I was never a good shipbuilder. I have no taste for the beauty that you can achieve with shipmaker. In my opinion, if a ship has more guns than a much more prettier ship, the first ship, even if it looks worse than sin, will be the prettiest one in my eyes.

@ Arcalane

Yes, it is me, ImperatorPavel. I will fully admit to that. My actions when I previously was banned were immature, even though I had a slight reason. The forums wouldn't let me go and see why I was banned. At least now I would be able to see why.

At least my banning from these forums led me to find SOASE (Sins of a Solar Empire). At least I'm not doing 3-D modeling for that game. Any models by me would probably be a close approximation to what I do now in shipmaker, except worse, because then I would have three dimensions to mess up.

However, I would hate it if I was banned again.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Arcalane wrote:
Coronata_Titan wrote:oh, btw, I have Imperator Pavel I's ships. He told me to ask why he got banned.
Speaking of which, don't bandodge pretending you're someone else and post godawful ships, imperatorpavel at hotmail dot com!

Bye bye. :|
Hahaha awesome, great catch Arc :P I feel like he shouldn't have mentioned Imperator Pavel, maybe would have helped him keep it a secret for a bit longer.

Also, the ships need work, look at ships that other people make and try to see how they're better than yours. Work on parenting, get new sprites, etc.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

As I said in the chat, those red and blue lines on that ship kinda tripped my spidey sense. I still blame it on too much magic smoke.
Coronata_Titan
One-Ban Limit

Post by Coronata_Titan »

Which sprite packs should I download?

Probably the most recent ones; dumb question
Danny420Dale wrote:As I said in the chat, those red and blue lines on that ship kinda tripped my spidey sense. I still blame it on too much magic smoke.
Don't really get what you mean by this...

Please enlighten me.

Argh, I keep continually editing my posts. That's a habit I need to stop. At least I'm not spam posting.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

No no, you misunderstand me. What I said was not that your ships are ugly or your sense of style bad, as that is for others to critique. What I'm talking about is your presentation. Anna could post the holy grail of ships and the effect would still be dampened if it had parenting lines covering it and wasn't at default zoom so its in focus. You see my point? Its literally two buttons that people need to press in order to make their screenshots decent. Moar guns is fine.