I've returned whit new ships !(lionm12)

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

lionm12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I've returned whit new ships !(lionm12)

Post by lionm12 »

Yes I have returned,well I'm not even famous to make an entrance but what the heck.I have created a ship out of bordom.I don't know what to do whit my time so I've crawled back to Battelships.
:D
Attachments
I don't know how to put in the picture file any other way.
I don't know how to put in the picture file any other way.
JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: I've returned whit new ships !(lionm12)

Post by JohnStar1456 »

Nice Ship, I don't see any wrong with but what the heck I know about. I'm just still a newbie
DanDrester31
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by DanDrester31 »

Nice Ship! Good Detail Bwt.
Dandrester31 Ship Designer And Ship Uploader.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The ships design is quite abstract, but it suffers from poor section usage. Its usually a given to NEVER mix standard sw sprites with shiny, ever. Keep practicing and look back at older ships
naysayers will be shot
lionm12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by lionm12 »

I have made in my opinion a awsome ship,but maybe I did overuse the glow effect a little :| .Well please comment I am exited by what will you're comments be.
Attachments
Download if you want closer inspection.
Download if you want closer inspection.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

God, I hope we don't end up with another "This is the best and I don't care what you say user".

Its not awesome, the front doesn't look right at all: The girders connecting to the forward platforms are too spindily, the front ends abruptly and generally looks quite lazy. The bac is confusing blob of sections which isn't aesthetically pleasing whatsoever. The glow is not only overused, but ugly, and overall the aesthetics contrast horribly. Stick with one aesthetic (style) and base your ship around it. Forward planning with pencil and paper works. Sorry for being overly negative there. there are good points, you can definitely fit certain sections together quite well, and if you just stuck with a single aesthetic your ships'll look great.

Hope it helped!
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
lionm12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by lionm12 »

Ouch a little harsh there you don't need to rape me whit those words.I'm just trying my best.

Edit:Simple criticism would be nice.Example:Good, or not you don't need to write a book about it.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Oops, me being nasty again.

Sorry for coming off harsh there, I was just explaining my feeling towards your ships, I have put advice in there however, godd that you're trying your best, but I believe followig my advice will lead to better ships. This irked me though:
Simple criticism would be nice.Example:Good, or not you don't need to write a book about it.
Now, I believe tht that is not criticism, in fact it is but a single word. My 'book' as you say was a fairly simple paragraph explaining what I like and dislike about your spaceships, and how you could improve in my opinion. I didn't wish to offend you.

Sorry if I come off like a prat again.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Nope, kittenpillar is right. Neither of us directed any criticism at you, but to the creation whose criticism you asked for. You're even taking offense from a statement where he actually apologizes at the end in the case he sounds like a prat. Both of us know what we're saying as we are both experiencex with this.
That being said, I spot a few nifty tricks on the red one, but they come across as cheap gimmicks on a ship the likes of that. Apart from that, see kittenpillar's post.
naysayers will be shot