Old fraxy ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

secure
Ensign
Ensign

Old fraxy ships

Post by secure »

I posted a few ships here a few years ago, but stopped due to the time drain silly stuff like this can become. Still busy, but these ships were made quite a while ago, I simply never posted them as they were meant to go along with someone elses fraxy style ships. I stumbled upon them again while cleaning up stuff on my harddrive and though that I might as well post them now, as the other fraxy fleet never got off the ground.
If I'd do a fraxy fleet again I'd probably do quite a few things different and blah blah...

Note that I never got around to balancing them.

Small ships
Yks:
Two swivel mounted rapid firing guns on each wing.

Kaks:
One swivel mounted "lightning lance".

Kolm:
Two 200 degree particle rifles, one on each side.

Nelj:
One point-defence gun.

Viis:
Two swivel mounted light long rage cannons (weasel).

Medium ships
Kymm:
Two 200 degree beam turrets on each side.

Toist:
One swivel mounted beam cannon.

Elv:
Two 210 degree "blaster shotgun" turrets, one on each side.

Tol:
Four 210 degree plasma turrets, two on each side.

Tret:
Four missile launchers, two on each side.

Large ships
Sata:
Four long range beam turrets, two on each side.

Hundr:
One heavy turret mounted "lightning lance".
Two "blaster shotgun" turrets, one on each side.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Attachments
sec_fraxy.rar
Fraxy ships (.shp and .sb4)
(50.79 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Re: Old fraxy ships

Post by shamrocksoldier »

Wow, the way the engines and weapons are positioned really add a great aesthetic aspect to these. Great job! I may give these sprites a try at some point!
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

These are gorgeous! I haven't seen a fraxy fleet in quite some time, and this is well done to boot! I like the Kymm for some reason... Glad you posted these.
JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by JohnStar1456 »

um, secure I tested your ships and all of them doesn't take a big punch(meaning doesn't make any huge damage to enemies) even with my own design ships like this one:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1075 ... 5569?hl=en
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

Sorry JohnStar, but your judging criteria isn't a very good one, for an example, I could throw up ugly square boxes, flood the sections with strength 9999999, put uber weapons up of 9999999 damage, which doesn't make my ships any good whatsoever even though they could hit hard and survive. These are very good ships, and without extensive testing, do appear to be roughly balanced consistent to the overall level. These appear to be roughly at stock level. Enjoyed these very much.
JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by JohnStar1456 »

Jafo wrote:Sorry JohnStar, but your judging criteria isn't a very good one, for an example, I could throw up ugly square boxes, flood the sections with strength 9999999, put uber weapons up of 9999999 damage, which doesn't make my ships any good whatsoever even though they could hit hard and survive. These are very good ships, and without extensive testing, do appear to be roughly balanced consistent to the overall level. These appear to be roughly at stock level. Enjoyed these very much.

Yeah, I know my Design are really quite newbie since I'm still not quite advance in designing ships like you and the other people that post their wonderful ship design

but at least it's a good start for a newbie to make my way to the same lvl as you or anyone else :D
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

JohnStar1456 wrote:
Spoiler!
Jafo wrote:Sorry JohnStar, but your judging criteria isn't a very good one, for an example, I could throw up ugly square boxes, flood the sections with strength 9999999, put uber weapons up of 9999999 damage, which doesn't make my ships any good whatsoever even though they could hit hard and survive. These are very good ships, and without extensive testing, do appear to be roughly balanced consistent to the overall level. These appear to be roughly at stock level. Enjoyed these very much.
Yeah, I know my Design are really quite newbie since I'm still not quite advance in designing ships like you and the other people that post their wonderful ship design

but at least it's a good start for a newbie to make my way to the same lvl as you or anyone else :D
Except that doesn't make sense. The power of a ship means nothing here; its all aesthetics. Some people have even abandoned arming ships altogether.
naysayers will be shot