UNGW Shipwright Fleet

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Re: UNGW Shipwright Fleet

Post by shamrocksoldier »

new update! 3 new ships (1 redo) and a slight update of an older design.

Corians: Image
redo of the Corian assault cruiser. cleaned up a bit and added modular energy barriers. They glow....

XSOR: ImageI decided to redo the XSOR fleet to reflect the role they have in the story. Now they share similar colors with the Ch'Bet since the Ch'bet created them.

USRF: Image
The No-Dachi class cruiser is the heaviest standard ship in the rebel fleet. new design.

UNGW: Image
Due to the lack of anti capital capabilities of smaller UNGW ships, the UNGW commissioned the Aegis class missile destroyer as an anti capital destroyer. though lacking any rapid defensive capability, this ship is effective at dealing Heavy cruise missiles to larger ships.
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

i don't know whether to like or hate the XSOR retro fan-things
naysayers will be shot
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

If you love them, they will love you back...
any criticism in specific?

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Ah yes, sorry, was on a kindle. Typing isn't fun on those. The corian ship is an extremely basic design, but you nailed those blue glows so i'll give you props. The remaining two are nice and simplistic in their utilitarian style. Much like jwa's stuff.
The Xor ship i would recommend working on those winglets in a better fashion. Make them additive or glowy or whatnot and make them look more contained. The best example I can give you is what I did with Pride on my seven deadly sins thing.
naysayers will be shot
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Alright Sounds good. I will try to clean up the XSOR ship. thanks doogie

ZombieBane12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ZombieBane12 »

i still can't find the SS_windows,SS_windows3 and HorsemonsterRealistic_HM_X_sensors
To rule a country of a thousand chariots, there must be reverent attention to business, and sincerity; economy in expenditure, and love for men; and the employment of the people at the proper seasons. -Confucius
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

No Dachi! Naughty dog...

I dislike the XSOR ship, it lacks flow with all those crazy spikey bits and is a bit glaring in places (mainly the glowy bit). Those fancy-ass sheilds on the corian assault cruiser look quite pretty, mind giving hints as to how to do them? I like the No-Dachi, blocky rebels = awesome for obvious reasons, and the colour scheme is quite pretty, it is a little repetitous in places though. Finally, the Aegis (which in my opinion is the best of the bunch) fits well with the fleet and has excellent flow. I also like the mini thrusters.

Good job!
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Heh, well I think I will try to clean up the XSOR ship a bit, then resubmit for your consideration. as for the Corian shields, they're just a fraxy transparent triangle, blending set to additive, with .1 alpha'd fake aegis. the trick is the positioning ;)

Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

The ships in the OP need a looking at with regards to the mirroring of weaponry, they seem to mis-align, but this just needs a pixel movement up or to the left/right as appropriate. Your ships are really good, with nice variety and a catchiness which is hard to put my finger on. Keep up the good work!
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

So I finally got around to redoing the Titan. I also renamed it the "Leviathan"

Give me yer comments and criticism :)

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I'm quite liking that, don't think you've quite nailed the wing struts, but other than that I see no flaws. One of the better broadside cruisers recently.
naysayers will be shot
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I like it a lot more but doogie's right on the wings. the connecting blue piece is too sudden on both ends, it looks tacked on for the main body and the flat angle difference is jarring for the wings. Also the wings themselves, mainly the armor bits on the outsides, don't really live up to the standards set by the rest of the ship.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Well. I wrote this like 15 minutes ago, but when I tryed to post it all the text got deleted, so heres a simplified version of the back story and blah blah blah new ships blah blah blah

Corian battle frigate

UNGW Socrates class envoy

The largest single Ts'ari ship, the Reaper.

And lastly, my personal favorite, the UNGW Babd Catha! this Athens refit cruiser sports the most powerful main coil gun ever manufactured by man. The ship was criticized by senior officers for being "an over desinged money pit" due to the extreme cost of the refit. This concern was fairly wide spread as the ship cost nearly the same as 4 Basic Athens class.

ZombieBane12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ZombieBane12 »

when will you put the dl?
me gusta o_o
now for constructive criticism
the corian battle frigate looks much better than your other corian ships its like an angelic design

for the second i like i don't know why but i like it

as for the tsari its still flat hmm how about using some shading to depth it something like the middle is brighter and the sides are more darker

as for the last i don't see much color i can only see the small dark green on it
but the design is good and i see some a little compensating on a part there the flat part looks good

maybe i just don't know what im saying maybe im gonna end up like da_dooley
To rule a country of a thousand chariots, there must be reverent attention to business, and sincerity; economy in expenditure, and love for men; and the employment of the people at the proper seasons. -Confucius
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The Tsari is flat and bland because it doesn't use any detailed sections. Try using more shiny stuff in order to fit in with the rest of the ships.
naysayers will be shot