UNGW Shipwright Fleet

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: UNGW Shipwright Fleet

Post by Bad Boy »

Are they encounters? If so I'd absolutely love to, I'd even reinstall BSF for it and I haven't had BSF installed for quite a while. If they're not you should still post em up, you'll get no shortage of people looking I'm sure.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Post by shamrocksoldier »

Bad Boy wrote:Are they encounters?
Well yeah they're encounters. I am also wondering if I should do something like a story board thread as well with typed dialogue and pics... also, if I were to make encounters with these, would I need to make a new thread in the encounter database thingy? or could I just post them here as I make more ships and encounters?
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Well the encounter forum is locked so you'd have to put them here. It's up to you whether or not you make a new thread.
A story board thing is always cooler but as long as you include some introduction and plot for each encounter you should be able to get the point across. It really just depends on how much time you want to put into setting it up.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Well I think I'm gonna do this. I will make a new thread once I make the third mission. I'm going to do a story board-esc thread, but at the end of each story board mission I will put the corresponding encounter up. I will still use this thread for New ships and designs though, so I hope this does'nt clutter things to much...

kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Overall I find these ships quite aesthetically pleasing, no mahor problems with any of them except the big ships, their engines appear to large and spindly for warships, If they were closer the would look better in my opinion. Now I'm looking throughall the ships, all godd, but nothing amazing, until. Holy Ship! That Ch'Bet corvette, its nearing to perfection in my opinion, its small, its effective and it flows like a flippin' waterfall. Great job!
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

kittenpillar100 wrote:Overall I find these ships quite aesthetically pleasing, no mahor problems with any of them except the big ships, their engines appear to large and spindly for warships, If they were closer the would look better in my opinion. Now I'm looking throughall the ships, all godd, but nothing amazing, until. Holy Ship! That Ch'Bet corvette, its nearing to perfection in my opinion, its small, its effective and it flows like a flippin' waterfall. Great job!
Wow, now that's what I call effective criticism. I too am a Huge fan of the Ch'Bet corvette. It just sort of came to me. It initially looked awful, but the Tiling on the engines made it look wonderful. As for the super Capitals, I'm not really sure what you want me to change. Is it the connections to the engines? or the engines themselves? or the Placement of them? If you give me something specific I will try to improve on what I can. :)

shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

More ships and a new race (probably the last organic race.)
The Corian Empire appeared shortly after the War of first Encounters in the Early 2360's. With the most powerful fleet in the galaxy, these war focused race act as a sort of Peace keeping force between the major empires. With over 1200 fully terraformed and colonized worlds, this race is a force to be reckoned with. They use largely plasma and directed energy based weapons.

The Corian Patrol destroyer comprises about 60 percent of the Corian fleet. Through repulsive gravitational barrier fitting, these ships are able to fit much stronger armor for nearly half the weight cost, causing the Patrol destroyer to be significantly faster than other ships of their size and class. With armament to take on most cruiser weight vessels, this ship has the best staying power to size ratio in the galaxy.

This massive Assault cruiser is the most commonly used flagship in the Corian Navy. Used by every officer ranking from Commander to Chief rear admiral, this ship is a recognized face of Corian superiority in the galaxy. Mounting dual heavy directed energy cannons, massive plasma accelerators, and a Powerful Photon cannon, this ship can take on most anything from a cruiser to a full fledged Super capital.

Next update will include a new download I believe. as always, criticism and feedback are appreciated.

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

both look good, but you should darken the wings on the second one a bit to make it look like they are extended downward. Very, VERY nice. More please
naysayers will be shot
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Doogie12 wrote:both look good, but you should darken the wings on the second one a bit to make it look like they are extended downward. Very, VERY nice. More please
Well then I guess I will get on that :P I'm really surprised at the reaction from the forum. I'm glad you like the stuff!

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

The first one is excellent, I'm less of a fan of the second though that's partly because I'm comparing it to the first. It's not as crisp; the winglets and the outer sides of the back are the main culprits, I think you should look into changing sprites, at least for the winglets. Maybe doogie's suggestion of darkening them will help though.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Okay, with these comes a new Download and a new faction of synthetics known as the XSOR (Xenos Synthesized Organic Replicators.)
The XSOR Were originally build by a Ch'Bet scientist on the Junk world of Sirai almost 4 Centuries ago. This project was intended to create a more reliable way of interstellar commerce through the use of adaptive AI that would regulate the galactic Economy. However, the project went wrong when the Custodial AI went rogue and integrated the Main AI with several Corian war-economy programs. The AI then began issuing build orders for combat equipment all across Ch'Bet space, causing the Ch'Bet to make a preemptive strike on the new machines since they took this as a sign of war. the AI proceeded to unleash detestation across neighboring systems. When the Corians intervened, there was all out war. The combined Ch'Bet-Corian forces drove the synthetics back to a nebula known as the Gamma-7 nebula to humans. The XSOR have been spotted infrequently in allied space, but not in large force for several decades.

Since neither gravity not atmosphere is necessary for their survival, XSOR ships are often much larger than other vessels.

The XSOR battle cruiser is immensely powerful and huge in scope. sporting many directed energy as well as kinetic and explosive weapons, this Super Capital sized ship is a frightening sight for even the most experienced of fleet commanders. Only 5 have ever been successfully destroyed.

Though gigantic in size, this Is the main cruiser class vessel for the XSOR. usually used as command hubs for battle groups, these ships pack a punch proportional to their size and weight.

In Numbers of more that 2 or 3, these Large destroyers can fight off larger battle groups and even small fleets. The mainstay of the XSOR fleet, these ships were produced by the hundreds. what they lack in armor compared to other XSOR ships, they make up for in production capability and size.

I also fixed the Corian Assault cruiser and added one more ship their lineup.

^Light cruiser.

Assault Cruiser

C&C are appreciated!
Attachments
UNGW Fleet 2.0.zip
(117.62 KiB) Downloaded 247 times

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

For those non shiny ones, The first is kind of a total cluttered mess. The second is much better, and the third is by far the best. For all of them use a more extensive depth shading and the clutter will decrease significantly
naysayers will be shot
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Doogie12 wrote:For those non shiny ones, The first is kind of a total cluttered mess. The second is much better, and the third is by far the best. For all of them use a more extensive depth shading and the clutter will decrease significantly
they are all actually older ships I made for a different fleet, but the were balanced for what I was planning, so I sort of just ported them to the new fleet. I will try to clean up the clutter on the Huge one with a bit more Tiling and plating. I haven't gotten any criticism on balance for these fleets, so I'm assuming no one has tried them or that there's no balancing issues.

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

That's because truly, no one cares for balance. If you do it good congrats. If bad, so what? I overpower my ships but always make the attacks as aesthetically pleasing as the rest of the ship.
naysayers will be shot
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

That's not necessarily true, a well balanced fleet can be a lot of fun to play with and test. For actually playing it's a lot more fun than a bunch of random numbers and glowy bits. jwa's star wreck is a perfect example of that.
That said, I haven't tested them yet because I don't have BSF installed right now. I'll get around to it sometime, probably after exams are finished. I'm looking forward to trying out the encounters.