A new noob takes flight.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Iain
Ensign
Ensign

A new noob takes flight.

Post by Iain »

GREAT NEW TOPIC
Okay since this forum is prety much dead, for no reason i'm posting this and to those that see them, Thank you.

Ship 1 :D
Mane.sb4
my Lovely Kae_alien pack ship.
(33.5 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
SMscreen01.png
There are going to be 5 Civs
Alien. 1 rdy
Mech. 1 rdy
Navy. 3 rdy
Futureist. 4 rdy
Pirate. 3 rdy
I'll post 1 each 2nd-4th day, after I edit and round them out.
All new ships will be SW ships.
Last edited by Iain on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: A new noob takes flight.

Post by Epicduck »

Ship preview? ....
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

People won't download unless there is images, and if they can't see the ships, they cannot critique. Upload pictures please?
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

thats a cool effect your going for there with the bright in the middle(some kind of laser cannon i assume). however i would make/ download some effect sprites for somthing like that to make it look MUCH better
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I'm sorry to say, but that ship is extremely cluttered with no real coherency as to section usage (Okay, I guess there kind of is, but you get the point).
As a note, you should generally avoid resizing sections. Apart from this, I'd just say practice and lurk more.
naysayers will be shot
Iain
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Iain »

I like BSF and have been building ships for the past 6 months or more I know how to do triggers and stuff load sprites (duh) and even had a hand in makeing a few.( Gives great freedom in BSF Shipmaker.)
LongcatX wrote:thats a cool effect your going for there with the bright in the middle(some kind of laser cannon i assume). however i would make/ download some effect sprites for somthing like that to make it look MUCH better
The bright in the middel is actually a fraxy rod sprite -with 2 ageis on it and invisible- and was my first shot at making shining center pieces.
Thanks for reply :D.
Doogie12 wrote:I'm sorry to say, but that ship is extremely cluttered with no real coherency as to section usage (Okay, I guess there kind of is, but you get the point).
As a note, you should generally avoid resizing sections. Apart from this, I'd just say practice and lurk more.
Clutter lvl : some. :| but my style give it purpose as strong and flexabile.
(should see one legoship i made, can throw it against the wall and won't break and i have him for almost 4 years now.)
Yet my design's are more arrow pointed, curvy and tight fitted. I made all the weapons in the middle section visible so that I show you all of them.
I don't like resizing sprites and thus did not do it it just that some of the sections are smaller than i wanted, but i did not resize any of them.
thank you for reply :D.